Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
10 July 2019 04:40:39

Calm and dry with broken high cloud. 16.1c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
10 July 2019 05:51:06
Sunny periods. Light WNW Breeze. 15·0 c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
marco 79
10 July 2019 06:12:16
Generally overcast ..a few bright spells...humid at 17.1c...calm...1018.5mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Skreever
10 July 2019 06:29:44
Overcast, misty, damp

Wind nil

Temp 14.2C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
10 July 2019 07:03:50
Heavy and at times, torrential overnight rain has now cleared away to our east for now but it is still mostly overcast.

The result of this is that a total of 14.6 mm of rain has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning along with 13.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

This means that today will now go down as another official rain day at both of those stations,, and this also means that today is now already the wettest day of this month so far by quite a considerable amount at both of those stations.

Temperatures barely dropped at all during the night which therefore, meant that last night was very warm, humid and muggy.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 14.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 15°C at Edinburgh Airport and 15.0°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh which makes last night the warmest night of this year so far at all three of my local stations.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was 15.2°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 15°C at Edinburgh Airport and 15.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
10 July 2019 07:30:57
Partly cloudy skies , some sunshine breaking through.
16.3c
Low 14.1c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
10 July 2019 10:17:38

Complete altostratus cover allowing some hazy sunshine, light W breeze, dry.

22*C; 71%RH.

1017.3mb steady.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
ARTzeman
10 July 2019 11:03:52

Cloudy with sunny interval. Light breeze.

24.0c. Humidity 41% Rh.

1019 hPa. WSW breeze  2 - 4 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Tim A
10 July 2019 11:17:58
Humid with large amounts of cloud and some sunny spells.
20.7c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
10 July 2019 11:57:26
Today is now turning out to be much better than yesterday (not that it could really have been much worse, though).

There's still a lot of cloud around, but also some decent sunshine at times. The result of this is that a total of just 1.6 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank although even that is only the first recorded sunshine since Monday.

Today's rainfall total as 12 noon was 14.8 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 13.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

It is also warmer than of late today, although the temperatures have been refusing to rise any further during the last hour and so, the temperature at 12 noon was around 19°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
10 July 2019 12:39:11
25.1C

sunny but hazy at times

rather humid feel to it
johncs2016
10 July 2019 12:55:29

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

Today is now turning out to be much better than yesterday (not that it could really have been much worse, though).

There's still a lot of cloud around, but also some decent sunshine at times. The result of this is that a total of just 1.6 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank although even that is only the first recorded sunshine since Monday.

Today's rainfall total as 12 noon was 14.8 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 13.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

It is also warmer than of late today, although the temperatures have been refusing to rise any further during the last hour and so, the temperature at 12 noon was around 19°C here in Edinburgh.

Looks like I may have spoke too soon about the temperatures which during the last hour, has now jumped up to around 21°C here in Edinburgh as at 1pm this afternoon with a total of 1.7 hours of sunshine having now been recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at that same time although it has now turned a lot cloudier once again.

That now makes today the warmest day of this month so far, and this is also the first time during this month that the temperature has climbed above 70°F in this part of the world.

idj20
10 July 2019 13:01:58

Rather cloudy with the occasional twinge of brightness, there was even an odd spit of rain about an hour ago. While temps has been hovering around 21 c in the past couple of hours, the mod SW breeze feels quite fresh "to the touch".

I've had better Summers days but it is comfortable enough for me anyway.

Folkestone Harbour. 
bradders
10 July 2019 13:08:35

Dry and cloudy with a light SW breeze.

Temp 22.0C

Overnight low 15.2C

Pressure 1017mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
picturesareme
10 July 2019 14:08:12
26.2C

but currently 25.5C

Hazy sunshine

Breeze picking up.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
10 July 2019 16:35:24

Hazy sunshine and a light breeze.  24.3c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
10 July 2019 16:47:30
Today, there was the promise of some "interesting" weather for here today of the rather convective variety, albeit with this area itself being just outside today's yellow warning area.

In the 5 day forecast video which Gavin P. released today, he also indicated that this might happen. of course, I would never suggest that "interesting" weather never actually happens here, but getting any sort of "interesting" weather in this part of the world is usually always too much to ask for, for the vast majority of the time.

In a way, Gavin P. probably recognises that to a certain extent and I'm sure that this may well have formed part of his reasons for not producing a stormwatch video to cover any such events which occur today.

Meanwhile back on topic though and on to what all of this is leading up, I can now report that the weather had indeed intervened to show that getting "interesting" weather is usually always too much to ask for in these parts.

Indeed, instead of that more "interesting" weather which was suggested by the official forecast, what has actually happened is that this afternoon has once again descended into yet another dull and overcast borefest with yet more constant grey skies and with nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually happening.

The result of this is that a total of just 1.7 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 5pm this afternoon with nothing at all in that department since 1pm this afternoon.

I currently don't have enough available data for the botanic gardens in Edinburgh to be able to report today's maximum temperature across all three of my local stations but out of all of the available data which I have, the best figure for that was 22°C as recorded at Edinburgh Airport.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was 18.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 19°C at Edinburgh Airport and 19.9°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Bertwhistle
10 July 2019 18:42:40

Originally Posted by: picturesareme 

26.2C

but currently 25.5C

Hazy sunshine

Breeze picking up.

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/99212.html

Fleetlands got just above 22C today; S Coast strip was influenced by a southwesterly- the earlier gradient wind had a northerly element so a sea breeze could well have set in; is your thermometer standardly exposed? Not on a S facing wall or anything? 

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
johncs2016
10 July 2019 21:34:50

Here in Edinburgh, it's just started raining yet again as I write.

In the end, the really abysmal total of just 1.7 hours of sunshine was recorded for today in the end at Edinburgh Gogarbank with nothing at all in that department since 1pm this afternoon.

I can now report that today's maximum temperature was 21.0°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 22°C at Edinburgh Airport and 21.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, so today was the warmest day of this month so far at all three of my local stations.

The temperature hasn't dropped by all that much during this evening either, so it was rather warm and humid just now with a temperature of around 17°C as at 10pm tonight.