idj20
09 July 2019 16:18:43

Brightened up with some sunshine, thus making the current 20.5 c & 60% h feel quite warm (30 c in my famed west-facing hobby room). Sadly my beloved lawn is now almost all brown.

Folkestone Harbour. 
picturesareme
09 July 2019 16:35:09
Temperature feels like its just jumped up over past hour.

24C

sunny

humid feeling.
johncs2016
09 July 2019 17:10:44
I was about to come on here and report that it had finally stopped raining, as it had actually dried up a bit for a while.

Just as I was about to do so though, the heavens then suddenly opened again with our heaviest burst of rain so far which is now of a more torrential nature.

This shows that instead of clearing away altogether, the main rain band has just broken up a bit, but become more showery in nature with some fairly intense downpours still around as a result the air now being that much more humid.

In amongst all of that, it remains overcast (although it did brighten up slightly in between these downpours) and so nothing in the way of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 5pm this afternoon.

Today's rainfall so far as at 5pm this afternoon has now increased to 6.4 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 7.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

With slightly warmer and more humid air moving in, the temperatures haven't yet peaked for today and so the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was 16.2°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 17°C at Edinburgh Airport and 16.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
johncs2016
09 July 2019 21:50:29

Most of the rain from earlier on has gone for the moment with nothing more than the odd light shower, although this is looking likely to be on a very brief temporary reprieve going by the latest rain radar maps.

Apart from a little bit of clear sky in the far distance to my north, it has also remained overcast and in the end, nothing in the way of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank. That makes today only our first completely sunless day of this month, but our fourth sunless day of this summer. This also means that we have already had more sunless days during this month than what we had during the whole of July 2018 when we managed to go through that entire month without a single sunless day being recorded on any day during that month.

Today's rainfall total as at 10pm tonight was 7.0 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 7.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Today's maximum temperature was 16.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 17°C at Edinburgh Airport and 16.6°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh which is rather disappointing for this time of the year once again.

However, we seem to have lost all concept of any sort of diurnal temperature range for now, and the temperature at 10pm tonight was warmer than what it was at the same time last night and that is 15.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 16°C at Edinburgh Airport and 16.0°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.