Elstevio
18 July 2019 20:50:55
4mm so far this month, dry and dusty like last July.
Aylsham, North Norfolk
johncs2016
19 July 2019 07:24:32

In the end, a total of 1.0 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 1.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, today has been completely dry so far at both of those stations as at 8am this morning.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 43.8 mm, the total for this summer so far to 153.0 mm and the total for this year so far to 382.8 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 51.0 mm, the total for this summer so far to 125.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 339.6 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 14.2 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 4 more official rain days need to occur at  the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Weathermac
19 July 2019 08:36:31
Looks like the rain shadow effect is keep most of the Midlands dry with only very light Rain so far.
ARTzeman
19 July 2019 09:06:08

5.7 mm this morning.

12.3 mm This Month To Date.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
ARTzeman
19 July 2019 11:18:06

6.9 mm To date.

Others just get wet.
ARTzeman
19 July 2019 15:12:18

4,8 mm Yesterday

7.2mm  Today

13 .8 mm This Month.

Others just get wet.
Tim A
19 July 2019 15:22:41
4mm so far today takes the total to 14mm for the month .
Some heavy showers soon might push the total up further.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

ARTzeman
19 July 2019 20:56:21

7.8mm Today

14.4 mm This Month.

Others just get wet.
Gusty
19 July 2019 21:08:35

A heavy drizzle has given 1.0mm since 9pm.

We are now on 1.6mm for the month.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

picturesareme
19 July 2019 21:21:57

since midnight around half inch has fallen and it continues to piddle it down 

picturesareme
19 July 2019 22:59:40
Up close to an inch as the day ends.

Not sure exactly how much has fallen but a local station to my west is on 22mm now for today and most of that has fallen this evening - i can say though the heaviest rain has been east of that location so i suspect closer to 25mm for here.
TimS
  • TimS
  • Advanced Member
20 July 2019 06:47:17
We had a very wet night. Just checking on local stations and Heathrow seems to have got 18mm. No numbers for st James park or Northolt. It felt wetter than that, but I don’t have a rain gauge.
Brockley, South East London 30m asl
speckledjim
20 July 2019 06:54:36
27.8mm to date
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
Northern Sky
20 July 2019 07:15:05

10mm yesterday so (I think) that's 21mm so far this month.

redmoons
20 July 2019 07:32:23
6.9mm of rain in the last 24 hours giving a total for the month of 15mm.
Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

johncs2016
20 July 2019 07:38:21
In the end, a total of 5.0 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 7.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 0.2 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning, along with 1.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 49.0 mm, the total for this summer so far to 158.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 388.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 15.2 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 4 more official rain days need to occur at  Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 59.6 mm, the total for this summer so far to 134.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 348.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 5.6 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 2 more official rain days need to occur at  the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Gusty
20 July 2019 08:02:15

Up to 27.6mm now after last nights heavy rain and thunderstorm.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
20 July 2019 09:05:06

Yet again we’ve missed out on heavy rain and thunder!  We had some light drizzle yesterday morning and enough rain in the night to wet the roads but not enough to produce puddles!

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
20 July 2019 09:54:43

Overnight we had the first rain of the month, indeed first for 24 days since 25th June, with a very welcome 19.1mm.  Now all we need is another 27.8mm this month to reach the July LTA, and around 200mm in addition to make up the cumulative deficit compared to LTA for the last 18 months.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
ARTzeman
20 July 2019 10:07:55

7.8 mm Yesterday

0.3mm Today.

14.7 mm This month. 

Others just get wet.