johncs2016
03 July 2019 15:55:15

Originally Posted by: ARTzeman 

Checked it on the DAILY DATA as well it is correct. 

There was me thinking that we were about to see another famous Arty typo moment here on this forum as well, but I already knew that this wasn't the case this after once I checked that data for myself.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
03 July 2019 15:57:12

Back up to 16c on 11th and 12th. Based on 06z. GFS

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
ARTzeman
04 July 2019 10:03:45

Met Office Hadley         15.3c.      Anomaly     -0.2c. Provisional to 3rd.

Metcheck                      15.23c     Anomaly     -1.24c

Netweather                   15.71c     Anomaly     -0.79c.

Mean of my 10 stations   15.82c     Anomaly     -1.87c.     

Others just get wet.
ARTzeman
05 July 2019 09:45:32

Met Office Hadley          15.6c      Anomaly      0.1c Provisional to 4th.

Metcheck                       16.04c      Anomaly      -0.42c

Netweather                    16.24c      Anomaly      -0.26c

Mean of my 10 stations   16.08c  Difference  -1.61c.    

Others just get wet.
Stormchaser
05 July 2019 10:37:55

Possibly that's meant to be 15.6*C for the latest Hadley? 

Either that or the LTA dives half a degree Celsius between 3rd and 4th, which seems a bit of a large fluctuation.

NWP model runs continue to suggest conditions a bit on the cool side Sun-Wed, then warmer, perhaps much so by next weekend. 

The cool nights are noteworthy at this time; my local mean minimum is running at the lowest on record and looks to stay that way until at least Tue. 

Rough estimate from the FV3 00z suggests around 15.7*C to 10th, rising to around 17.0*C by 16th - but worth noting that this was one of the warmest runs of recent days. ECM keeps the ridge focus a bit more to the west until 15th, so temps don't rise as emphatically.

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
05 July 2019 11:39:54

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

Possibly that's meant to be 15.6*C for the latest Hadley? 

Either that or the LTA dives half a degree Celsius between 3rd and 4th, which seems a bit of a large fluctuation.

NWP model runs continue to suggest conditions a bit on the cool side Sun-Wed, then warmer, perhaps much so by next weekend. 

The cool nights are noteworthy at this time; my local mean minimum is running at the lowest on record and looks to stay that way until at least Tue. 

Rough estimate from the FV3 00z suggests around 15.7*C to 10th, rising to around 17.0*C by 16th - but worth noting that this was one of the warmest runs of recent days. ECM keeps the ridge focus a bit more to the west until 15th, so temps don't rise as emphatically.

That all sounds good to me.  Useable outdoor weather, sleepable nights and edging toward my CET guess!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Bertwhistle
05 July 2019 21:11:39

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

Interesting; my nights have been cool to normal I think.  5 nights preceding these 5 July days: 13.6      12.1        12.4 (equal to the previous  reading taken 6am; 14.0 at 6am); 11.0         12.1    (equal to the previous  reading taken 6am; 15.5 at 6am).

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
06 July 2019 09:32:15

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Interesting; my nights have been cool to normal I think.  5 nights preceding these 5 July days: 13.6      12.1        12.4 (equal to the previous  reading taken 6am; 14.0 at 6am); 11.0         12.1    (equal to the previous  reading taken 6am; 15.5 at 6am).

We had a couple of nights in high single figures early in the week but they’ve been low to mid teens since. 

ARTzeman
06 July 2019 09:40:29

Met Office Hadley          16.0c.       Anomaly       0.5c. provisional to 5th.

Metcheck                       16.54c      Anomaly       0.08c

Netweather                    16.76c      Anomaly       0.27c

Mean of my 10 stations   16.58c.   Difference    -1.11c.    

Others just get wet.
picturesareme
07 July 2019 02:08:15
What's this chat of cool night's from Hampshire lot??

I mean one night around 12.5C is acceptable, but the rest have been between 14C-18C so far.... very average start I'd say.
Global Warming
07 July 2019 07:31:07

Originally Posted by: picturesareme 

What's this chat of cool night's from Hampshire lot??

I mean one night around 12.5C is acceptable, but the rest have been between 14C-18C so far.... very average start I'd say.

You seem to be forgetting that while you live near the coast, many of us in Hampshire on this forum live well inland. What you see in your back yard is not representative of the whole county. This morning is the only minimum I have recorded that is higher than 13C. I have had three nights in single figure minimums this month which is relatively cool for July.

ARTzeman
07 July 2019 10:46:25

Met Office Hadley       16.1c.      Anomaly      0.5c Provisional to 6th.

Metcheck                    16.27c.    Anomaly      -0.19c.

Netweather                 16.74c.    Anomaly      0.25c.

Mean of my 10 stations   16.70c.    Anomaly     -0.99c. 

Others just get wet.
picturesareme
07 July 2019 12:25:51

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

You seem to be forgetting that while you live near the coast, many of us in Hampshire on this forum live well inland. What you see in your back yard is not representative of the whole county. This morning is the only minimum I have recorded that is higher than 13C. I have had three nights in single figure minimums this month which is relatively cool for July.

And 13C for your neck of the county is still technically above average for July according to metoffice. 

I say technically as i believe an average range is more reflective of the norm rather than a single figure. For here the July average is around 15C so a range of 13-17C is more representative of the typical July night.

Bertwhistle
07 July 2019 14:35:57

And 13C for your neck of the county is still technically above average for July according to metoffice. 

I say technically as i believe an average range is more reflective of the norm rather than a single figure. For here the July average is around 15C so a range of 13-17C is more representative of the typical July night.

Solent MRSC nearest official station to you; July mean min 14.2  June 12.1   August 14.3 https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-climate-averages/gcp1h90k5

A bit of interpolation suggests early July maybe high 13s. 

Notwithstanding, temps of 11-13 are indeed cool to normal for here. 

As GW correctly pointed out, the coastal strip is not representative of the majority of the county.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
picturesareme
07 July 2019 15:57:05

Solent MRSC nearest official station to you; July mean min 14.2  June 12.1   August 14.3 https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-climate-averages/gcp1h90k5

A bit of interpolation suggests early July maybe high 13s. 

Notwithstanding, temps of 11-13 are indeed cool to normal for here. 

As GW correctly pointed out, the coastal strip is not representative of the majority of the county.

Solent is 12 miles away and relatively more rural than the city... Thorney is closer but very rural.

However the met do have averages available for Southsea which is part of Portsea island - Portsmouth. They are 15C for both July & August.

Here's the mets representation averages over thw region..

host my picture 

Bertwhistle
07 July 2019 16:08:36

Solent is 12 miles away and relatively more rural than the city... Thorney is closer but very rural.

However the met do have averages available for Southsea which is part of Portsea island - Portsmouth. They are 15C for both July & August.

Here's the mets representation averages over thw region..

host my picture 

Solent is here:

50.807, -1.208

This is not at all rural and is more coastal. Do you have a link from the metO for Southsea? I can't find it.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
picturesareme
07 July 2019 18:56:54

Solent is here:

50.807, -1.208

This is not at all rural and is more coastal. Do you have a link from the metO for Southsea? I can't find it.

you can find it on wiki and I know where Solent is.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
07 July 2019 19:19:51

Anyway, last night was another that got down to single figures here and it was lovely for sleeping!  

picturesareme
07 July 2019 23:53:13

Originally Posted by: Caz 

Anyway, last night was another that got down to single figures here and it was lovely for sleeping!  

A definite fresher feel to tonight than it has been.. still irs 16.6C @ 12:45am.

I have to say single digits would be to cold. Thankfully i don't (shouldn't) need to worry about them until September at the earliest 😋

Gusty
08 July 2019 09:07:00

We normally get one night in July when the temperature falls sub 10c.

Last night was that night with a low of 9.4c. 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/