johncs2016
24 March 2019 00:30:08

Rather cool, but still with a lot of cloud around.

Meanwhile, the temperature at midnight was 4.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 4°C at Edinburgh Airport and 5.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
24 March 2019 06:53:48

Dry. Calm. Sunny. 5·0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Skreever
24 March 2019 07:10:57
Wet, windy

Wind SW gale force

Temp 5.2C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
marco 79
24 March 2019 07:32:47
Clear sky, bright sunshine...early ground frost....light NW wind...3.5c....1031mb
Max yesterday 9.6c
Overnight Min 1.3c
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
johncs2016
24 March 2019 08:58:05

There was a few brighter intervals earlier on, but there is a lot of cloud around and this morning has already descended into yet another boring, dull and overcast nothingness with nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually happening.

Once again though, it has become very windy with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank of up to 31.1mph from the WSW as at 8am this morning.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 3.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 4°C at Edinburgh Airport and 3.7°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was 6.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 6°C at Edinburgh Airport and 6.6°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
bradders
24 March 2019 09:49:07

Sunny intervals and a NW breeze.

Temp 10.1C

Overnight low 2.3C

Pressure 1031mb steady.

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
richardabdn
24 March 2019 09:58:14

Yet another ridiculously windy day making the current temp of 7.6C seem far colder.. I don't think there has been a single day in this godawful month where the wind hasn't been at least 10 knots, so zero days of light winds/breezes 

Needless to say there was no frost again -with a min of 2.7C- and hasn't been for two weeks now. Just three frosts in the past six weeks has to be unprecedented for this time of year. I constantly think things have reached rock bottom and can't sink any lower only to be proved wrong time after time

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
idj20
24 March 2019 11:40:20

Fine and sunny where the current 13.0 c felt positively Spring-like warm when I just popped out.

This is more like it, especially after nearly a week of overcast gloom.

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
24 March 2019 12:06:38

Few Clouds. Dry. Sunny. 12.0c. Humidity 42% Rh.

1033 hPa. NW Breeze 10.4 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Tim A
24 March 2019 12:57:12
Bright and breezy. Good for getting some early garden work done.
9.3c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
24 March 2019 14:29:19

Blue sky with fair-weather cumulus; light NW breeze, dry.

14.6*C after a minimum of 0.3*C at 5.15am; 45%RH.

1026.3mb, falling slowly.

Unusually low humidity today.

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

... Good for getting some early garden work done.

Ditto.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
johncs2016
24 March 2019 16:47:58
It's bright and fairly sunny just now, but today has been cloudy at times as well as being fairly sunny at times.

In addition to that, it also remains very windy with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank of up to 40.4mph from the west as at 4pm this afternoon.

That has also blown in a number of brief passing showers, although these have generally been very light and not amounting to much. In fact this hasn't even been enough for any recorded rainfall to be registered at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh during today so far as at 4pm this afternoon, although this has resulted in a total of 0.6 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 4pm this afternoon.

Today's maximum temperature was 9.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 10°C at Edinburgh Airport and 11.2°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 4pm this afternoon was 8.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 9°C at Edinburgh Airport and 9.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.