Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Caz  
#41 Posted : 19 January 2022 11:50:52(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warsopistalking/permalink/2470615736406098/

I took a photo of a fallstreak cloud yesterday.  Don’t know if you can follow the above link to the local Facebook group. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Offline Windy Willow  
#42 Posted : 19 January 2022 12:02:47(UTC)
Windy Willow

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/01/2016(UTC)
Posts: 965
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: NW Kent 119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warsopistalking/permalink/2470615736406098/

I took a photo of a fallstreak cloud yesterday.  Don’t know if you can follow the above link to the local Facebook group. 

You have to be a member to see it.

 

Are you not able to post in on the TWO gallery?

119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

NW Kent

Online Caz  
#43 Posted : 19 January 2022 12:18:04(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: Windy Willow Go to Quoted Post

 

You have to be a member to see it.

 

Are you not able to post in on the TWO gallery?

Ahh. No, I can’t post it from my phone as I hadn’t got location services turned on when I took the photo.  Any suggestions?

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Online NMA  
#44 Posted : 19 January 2022 12:24:35(UTC)
NMA

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,813
Man
Location: South Dorset

Maybe you could download it from your phone to a computer and then upload it to TWO through Brian's image uploader. That's how I do it with most pics coming from DSLR.

Online Caz  
#45 Posted : 19 January 2022 15:41:00(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: NMA Go to Quoted Post

Maybe you could download it from your phone to a computer and then upload it to TWO through Brian's image uploader. That's how I do it with most pics coming from DSLR.

I don’t have a computer these days, just an iPad and phone.  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Online NMA  
#46 Posted : 19 January 2022 15:50:07(UTC)
NMA

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,813
Man
Location: South Dorset

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

I don’t have a computer these days, just an iPad and phone.  

I'm not computer savvy but I'm sure there's a way wirelessly to transfer photos from a phone to iPad.

No idea what phone you have but this link might help for Android.

https://www.ubackup.com/phone-backup/how-to-transfer-photos-from-android-to-ipad-without-computer.html

 

Online Caz  
#47 Posted : 19 January 2022 16:11:05(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: NMA Go to Quoted Post

 

I'm not computer savvy but I'm sure there's a way wirelessly to transfer photos from a phone to iPad.

No idea what phone you have but this link might help for Android.

https://www.ubackup.com/phone-backup/how-to-transfer-photos-from-android-to-ipad-without-computer.html

 

I have an iPhone so I can probably sync photos to my iPad but then how do I upload to here?  I used to have webspace that I uploaded to but I gave that up.  Believe it or not, I used to work in IT but that was a few moons ago and things have moved on without me. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Offline Windy Willow  
#48 Posted : 19 January 2022 16:31:49(UTC)
Windy Willow

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/01/2016(UTC)
Posts: 965
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: NW Kent 119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

I have an iPhone so I can probably sync photos to my iPad but then how do I upload to here?  I used to have webspace that I uploaded to but I gave that up.  Believe it or not, I used to work in IT but that was a few moons ago and things have moved on without me. 

I see you got it on the Gallery, nice one 

119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

NW Kent

Online Caz  
#49 Posted : 19 January 2022 16:31:53(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Online Caz  
#50 Posted : 19 January 2022 16:38:03(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: Windy Willow Go to Quoted Post

 

I see you got it on the Gallery, nice one 

  There are two there now. My sister took one on her garden and I took one at mine - the one with houses on is mine. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Offline Saint Snow  
#51 Posted : 19 January 2022 16:45:55(UTC)
Saint Snow

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 54,912
Man
Location: St Helens

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

 

Was worth waiting for!

Looks freakily good, that.

 

Martin

Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)

A TWO addict since 14/12/01

Online Caz  
#52 Posted : 19 January 2022 17:04:15(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow Go to Quoted Post

 

 

Was worth waiting for!

Looks freakily good, that.

 

  Crikey, it took some figuring out. Too old and lazy for techy stuff!  
The photo my sister took, without the houses, is the best!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Offline Windy Willow  
#53 Posted : 19 January 2022 18:53:33(UTC)
Windy Willow

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/01/2016(UTC)
Posts: 965
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: NW Kent 119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

  Crikey, it took some figuring out. Too old and lazy for techy stuff!  
The photo my sister took, without the houses, is the best!  

 

Glad you persevered  they're cracking pictures 

119.377 m /391.658 feet asl

NW Kent

Online Caz  
#54 Posted : 19 January 2022 20:26:40(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: Windy Willow Go to Quoted Post

 

 

Glad you persevered  they're cracking pictures 

  Thanks!  I have my sister to thank.  She spotted it and sent a photo, so I ran outside to look, expecting it to be hidden behind rooftops.  I’ve never seen anything like it before!  We googled it and apparently they can be caused by aircraft!  So, that’s another wrinkle in me bum! 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Online NMA  
#55 Posted : 20 January 2022 08:27:39(UTC)
NMA

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,813
Man
Location: South Dorset

Very good though I'm not sure about your last sentence.

If I've any pics from dslr camera I want to upload to Brian's site I download them onto my computer. Process them in RAW. Crop to right size, save in jpeg and then upload. None of this straightforward faffing around directly sending from phone to TWO. It's beyond me.

The pictures are great.  I've never been in the right place to catch one myself.

Online Caz  
#56 Posted : 20 January 2022 10:24:42(UTC)
Caz

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 28/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,699
Woman
United Kingdom
Location: Market Warsop, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands

Originally Posted by: NMA Go to Quoted Post

Very good though I'm not sure about your last sentence.

If I've any pics from dslr camera I want to upload to Brian's site I download them onto my computer. Process them in RAW. Crop to right size, save in jpeg and then upload. None of this straightforward faffing around directly sending from phone to TWO. It's beyond me.

The pictures are great.  I've never been in the right place to catch one myself.

I wouldn’t have done it without your help, so thank you for that!  

It was straight forward once I’d transferred the photos to my iPad, which I would never have thought to do had you not suggested it.  The problem was most likely with location settings, as I never allow anything like that on my phone but I did on my iPad.  Expect more from me now I’m on a roll!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition

Users browsing this topic
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Code of conduct

× FORUM Settings USER PHOTOS Sky Eye Camera Sky Eye Gallery MODEL CHARTS Arome Arpege ECM ECM ENS GEM GEFS GFS Icon E Fax CFS UK Met UK Met UK UK Met UKV UK Met MOGREPS-G