four
  • four
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
27 December 2018 10:36:55

Or lack of it, this was about 3pm Boxing Day with sun already long behind the hill at this location (Lastingham)
- Clickable - 

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
27 December 2018 10:44:24

Lovely photo!  A lack of light but not lacking atmosphere and character!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
four
  • four
27 December 2018 10:47:05

This was Christmas Eve about 3:30 - on the tops sunset is near stated time (15:40 approx)

This is Ralphs Cross which is used as an emblem by the NYM Park
It's not especially old though, there is a smaller ugly one called Old Ralph slightly higher up to the south.

There was a wooden cross on this site by the road until about 200 years ago, but the shaft was damaged in the early 80s and is now three sections with the centre one which had a deeply inscribed 'R' having been replaced 

Hungry Tiger
27 December 2018 11:16:49

Originally Posted by: four 

This was Christmas Eve about 3:30 - on the tops sunset is near stated time (15:40 approx)

This is Ralphs Cross which is used as an emblem by the NYM Park
It's not especially old though, there is a smaller ugly one called Old Ralph slightly higher up to the south.

There was a wooden cross on this site by the road until about 200 years ago, but the shaft was damaged in the early 80s and is now three sections with the centre one which had a deeply inscribed 'R' having been replaced 

Colin - have you got a light meter which measures the light levels in watts?  I know they exist - I'd love to know what some of the winter light readings come out as.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

four
  • four
27 December 2018 12:28:10
No but you can get an idea from the camera, obviously if I wanted a 'bright' image of the cross it could be done without flash on any half decent digital, but trying to show things as they appear requires under-exposing by about 2 stops.