johncs2016
18 June 2018 23:31:34

Dry, clear and slightly cooler than last night.

A total of 0.2 mm of rain fell at Edinburgh Gogarbank during yesterday along with 0.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh. Those totals for both stations were all recorded during the early hours of the morning.

Meanwhile, the temperature at midnight was 9.8ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 10ºC at Edinburgh Airport and 10.7ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
P+ve Giant
18 June 2018 23:35:48

Drizzle, light westerly winds, 15.9 C @ 91% RH and pressure steady @ 1018mb mb/hpa.

John.
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
19 June 2018 03:23:16
Currently at the min of 12.2C.
Broken cloud which apears to be clearing.
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
19 June 2018 04:50:53

Calm and sunny with just a few clouds.  15.5c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Gusty
19 June 2018 05:24:34

Morning. 

Cloudy and humid here to start the day.

16.2c following an overnight low of 15.7c

RH 95%. Dewpoint 15c

Pressure 1022.4 Hpa rising (this is the first time I have recorded >1020 Hpa since way back on the 23rd May).

Wind SW 3 mph

Rain - Nil

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
19 June 2018 06:03:09

Cloudy, light to moderate SW breeze 16C.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
marco 79
19 June 2018 06:12:16
Generally cloudy...few bright spells....humid after a very close night....Min being 15.3c....currently 16.4c...light to mod W breeze...1021mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Skreever
19 June 2018 06:33:12
Cloudy with blustery showers

Wind WNW strong breeze - gusting to near gale force

Temp 10.3C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
TimS
  • TimS
  • Advanced Member
19 June 2018 06:44:54
Another morning of scuddy low stuff and high humidity. The cloud feels a bit more set in today but let’s see. Got to 26C here yesterday.
Brockley, South East London 30m asl
johncs2016
19 June 2018 07:50:03

It is on mornings such as this morning where I could just about envy anyone who reports a completely sunny morning in their area with more than a couple of hours of recorded sunshine already in the bag by this time of the morning, but what that does to remind me that we in this part of the world, also used to occasionally get the odd completely sunny morning like that at this time of the year in the past.

At this time of year, the sun rises at just before 4:30am here in Edinburgh, so there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why we cannot be recording at least 2 hours of recorded sunshine at Edinburgh Gogarbank by around 8am at this time of the year. A lot of the ingredients have been in place for that this morning as there is plenty of blue sky around, the Sun has been coming out every now and then and this morning even got off to a sunny start.

Yet once again, we have that same old story where our daily cloud cover remains in place, and where that continues to restrict the amount of sunshine which is being recorded. That in turn means that as at 8am, just 48 minutes of sunshine have been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning. This means that we have yet another day with less than an hour of recorded sunshine at this time and since this was forecast to be the best part of the day before it all goes a bit downhill later on, that is just diabolical.

Anyway, last night's minimum temperature was 8.9ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 8ºC at Edinburgh Airport and 9.3ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was 11.5ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 11ºC at Edinburgh Airport and 12.1ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
19 June 2018 10:07:18

Cloudy.

19.5c

1023.4mb steady

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
Arcus
19 June 2018 10:15:44
Sunny, light breeze - 19c, dp 8c
Ben,
Nr. Easingwold, North Yorkshire
30m asl
ARTzeman
19 June 2018 10:20:56

Damp start. Now broken cloud with sunny spells, Breeze S.W. 7 mph. 

Humidity 72% rh. Temperature 20 .0 c. Pressure 1007.3 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
19 June 2018 11:24:10

Still generally rather overcast, and while I'm not going to break any heat records with the current 17.8 C & 85% H, it is feeling pleasantly mild in lighter winds anyway as well as continuing dry.

Folkestone Harbour. 
speckledjim
19 June 2018 11:40:21
Sunny spells, 19c
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
johncs2016
19 June 2018 11:41:23

Here in Edinburgh, the annual June permacast is once again, back in full swing as this morning has descended into yet another soul destroying and depressing grey nothingness with only an odd very occasional very brief appearance by the Sun.

That in turn has resulted in just 1.3 hours of sunshine being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon with nothing at all in that department since 9am this morning.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 12 noon was about 15ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank and Edinburgh Airport, and 14.9ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

idj20
19 June 2018 13:49:16

After a loud "Pppsssssssssssssffft" sound, the sun finally popped out.

Temperatures responding in kind by rising to 19.5 C.

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
19 June 2018 18:22:50
It feels weird saying this with the drought thread having suddenly got quite busy, but it's now raining here in Edinburgh as I write after it had actually brightened up for a while during this afternoon.

At the moment, some technical issues have meant that I'm not able to report the usual data just now and with no data at all coming from Edinburgh Gogarbank just now, I am unable to give the latest sunshine totals although given the latest permacast hell which we're experiencing just now, I don't suppose that anything would have changed on that front anyway, since my last report.

With the limited data which I have available just now, I can only say that temperature is around 15ºC just now after a maximum temperature of around 17ºC.

Gusty
19 June 2018 19:26:44

Evening 

A cloudy morning. Bright by noon. Sunny by 2pm.

Currently 16.6c with fog starting to roll in from the channel following an afternoon high of 21.6c 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

schmee
19 June 2018 20:45:11
18c sunny sunset.
Observations from around GUILDFORD in SURREY and now Nottingham