jhall
02 July 2018 20:48:28

Originally Posted by: springsunshine 

Great analysis of the hot summers in the cet series. It is not out of the question this July,with no end in sight to this hot weather,could be the hottest on record and we could get a cet of 20c+ this month then we would only need august to come in at around 17.25 and 1976 could be topped.A long shot I know but the longer these synoptics stick sround the greater the chance tis could be legendary.

I for one am keeping my fingers crossed,loving it large

I don't know if it will happen this month, but I feel that a mean monthly CET of 20+ is going to occur at some point in the next few years.

Cranleigh, Surrey
Maunder Minimum
04 July 2018 07:38:52

Apologies if this has already been posted:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/2018/june-end-of-month-stats

"

When looking at daytime temperatures the UK average for the month was 19.9 C, the same average maximum daytime temperature as in the June of the still talked-about summer of 1976, and placing it joint second (in records dating back to 1910) just behind 1940, when 20.6 C was reached.

It has also been a very sunny month and for the UK as a whole, with provisional figures showing it is the 4th sunniest on record behind 1957, 1940 and 1975 (figures dating back to 1929).

It was the fifth sunniest for Northern Ireland and England, third sunniest for Wales and fourth for Scotland."

New world order coming.