Snow Hoper
08 August 2016 14:40:39

Thanks GW. Just wish I'd followed my gut and gone for 16.93 instead!

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
Global Warming
09 August 2016 20:15:48

Here is the CET for the summer so far. Looking like a reasonably warm year.

We only need an August CET of 16.8C to beat the summer of 2013 and that would give us the warmest summer since 2006. In fact it would be the 3rd warmest summer since 1997 (with only 2003 and 2006 warmer).

So not bad really although we could achieve this feat without any single month reaching 17C this year. To be fair we have had quite a few poor summers in recent years.

Bertwhistle
10 August 2016 08:58:38

Thanks GW- fingers crossed for a 16.8 which will certainly be helped over the next 7 days, then after that who knows? What are your thoughts?

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
10 August 2016 09:35:55

Thanks GW!  

Yes Bertie, April was a messy month for me too, although I've done badly every month except July. Even though I was only about half a degree off I only gained 4 places.  Too much for me to make up now it think.  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Bertwhistle
10 August 2016 15:46:30

Nil desperandum Caz- our weather's so full of U-turns, surprises, disappointments and flukes, with 5 months still to play for!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
11 August 2016 06:19:32

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Nil desperandum Caz- our weather's so full of U-turns, surprises, disappointments and flukes, with 5 months still to play for!

So true. Last year's lucky guesses saw me top of the leader board for the first couple of months. Then my luck ran out and it was all downhill from there. At least I'm heading the right way this year. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.