SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
18 May 2017 20:41:41

Harry Kane  he's the real deal 

Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
📢 Play the TWO Forums Quiz!  📢
Gavin D
21 May 2017 14:11:24
Arsenal winning and they have moved into the last champions league spot

Liverpool must now beat Boro to knock Arsenal down to 5th
Arcus
21 May 2017 14:15:13
Kane's clearly got the golden boot in the bag. 2 goals in the first 15 minutes.
Ben,
Nr. Easingwold, North Yorkshire
30m asl
Saint Snow
21 May 2017 15:24:32

Liverpool score on the stroke of half time, Boro then crumble second half. Their fans had their moment of fun singing "Champions League? You're 'avin a laugh". The banter gets returned...

Just hope we can make CL qualification count in our summer recruitment now.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
21 May 2017 20:41:27

Replying to

are you going to interrupt the show after 26 minutes for a John Terry tribute?

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 20:54:36

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Replying to

are you going to interrupt the show after 26 minutes for a John Terry tribute?

Well, he did only play for the first team and only one club for twenty-two years so I can understand that it's not a big deal.

It never fails to amaze me what people will find time to complain about.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

SEMerc
21 May 2017 21:17:08

Originally Posted by: Gandalf The White 

Well, he did only play for the first team and only one club for twenty-two years so I can understand that it's not a big deal.

It never fails to amaze me what people will find time to complain about.

It was ludicrous of Moyes to agree to this act of self indulgence before a ball was even kicked today.

Saint Snow
21 May 2017 21:25:46

It was ludicrous of Moyes to agree to this act of self indulgence before a ball was even kicked today.

Given the likelihood of Moyes ever getting a coaching job at a top club ever again is negligible, perhaps the Russian crook offered him a job putting the cones out at Cobham.

Martin
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 22:02:28

Ludicrous to agree to give an opportunity to a player bowing out after 22 years with the club?

What issues did it create?  None at all.

No story here; move on.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 22:04:37

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Given the likelihood of Moyes ever getting a coaching job at a top club ever again is negligible, perhaps the Russian crook offered him a job putting the cones out at Cobham.

Perhaps Moyes was being reasonable, unlike you and SEMerc, who seem locked into another bout of gratuitous unpleasantness.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

Saint Snow
21 May 2017 22:17:23

Perhaps Moyes was being reasonable, unlike you and SEMerc, who seem locked into another bout of gratuitous unpleasantness.

I've been fair & magnanimous toward Chelsea. But the opportunity to laugh at Gollum is too good to miss

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
21 May 2017 22:21:52

Ludicrous to agree to give an opportunity to a player bowing out after 22 years with the club?

What issues did it create?  None at all.

No story here; move on.

No, if you're going to have a 'guard of honour' you have it either before the match or after. Not during, simple as.

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 22:35:55

No, if you're going to have a 'guard of honour' you have it either before the match or after. Not during, simple as.

Well, clearly it's not as 'simple as' because Chelsea did it a different way.

It might be classed as 'unusual' or even 'unprecedented' but it doesn't make it wrong.

As I said, it didn't cause any problems; it didn't change the result; it was done with the consent of Sunderland.

Sunderland and Moyes were gracious enough to allow Terry's final appearance to be marked in a unique and fitting way. Why are you incapable of accepting it?

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 22:38:53

I've been fair & magnanimous toward Chelsea. But the opportunity to laugh at Gollum is too good to miss

Yes, you have. 

If Gerrard had chosen to mark his departure with a pre-planned mid-match substitution I'd have applauded a fantastic career marked fittingly.  What I don't understand is why you cannot see beyond your antipathy?

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

SEMerc
21 May 2017 22:43:15

Well, clearly it's not as 'simple as' because Chelsea did it a different way.

It might be classed as 'unusual' or even 'unprecedented' but it doesn't make it wrong.

As I said, it didn't cause any problems; it didn't change the result; it was done with the consent of Sunderland.

Sunderland and Moyes were gracious enough to allow Terry's final appearance to be marked in a unique and fitting way. Why are you incapable of accepting it?

Why is Terry's 'guard of honour' fitting during the game?

I'll give you a clue - It isn't. In fact I'd say it's demeaning to Sunderland football club. Were I a Sunderland fan I'd have been livid today. In fact many were.  

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 22:49:27

Why is Terry's 'guard of honour' fitting during the game?

I'll give you a clue - It isn't. In fact I'd say it's demeaning to Sunderland football club. Were I a Sunderland fan I'd have been livid today. In fact many were.  

Why isn't it fitting?  Give me a decent reason that isn't rooted in your dislike of Chelsea and Terry.

Your clue isn't a clue. You're not a Sunderland fan and suggesting ''many were (livid)" changes nothing, especially without evidence.  Indeed it proves my point about tribal football supporters.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

Saint Snow
21 May 2017 22:57:49

Yes, you have. 

If Gerrard had chosen to mark his departure with a pre-planned mid-match substitution I'd have applauded a fantastic career marked fittingly.  What I don't understand is why you cannot see beyond your antipathy?

Jesus wept, I've not commented on either Terry nor the 'guard of honour'. I poked fun at Moyes. If you're going to be petulantly unhappy until I've praised Terry's career, that's your problem.

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
21 May 2017 23:01:42

Why isn't it fitting?  Give me a decent reason that isn't rooted in your dislike of Chelsea and Terry.

Your clue isn't a clue. You're not a Sunderland fan and suggesting ''many were (livid)" changes nothing, especially without evidence.  Indeed it proves my point about tribal football supporters.

Whether I like Terry or not has no bearing on this. I simply don't accept that a football game should be stopped for a gratuitous act of self indulgence such as this, irrespective of who the player is, irrespective of the club he plays for and irrespective of how long he has played for said club.

Moyes and Sunderland have shown themselves up by pandering to Chelsea's request. Let's suppose the shoe was on the other foot and Terry had played his entire career at Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/ManCity or Man Utd. I cannot, in a month of Sundays, imagine any of those clubs making the same type of suggestion to Sunderland. It's so small time.

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 23:02:16

Jesus wept, I've not commented on either Terry nor the 'guard of honour'. I poked fun at Moyes. If you're going to be petulantly unhappy until I've praised Terry's career, that's your problem.

Maybe I misunderstood: who is 'Gollum'?  I thought you were having a dig at Terry; I don't do nicknames.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

Gandalf The White
21 May 2017 23:03:33

Whether I like Terry or not has no bearing on this. I simply don't accept that a football game should be stopped for a gratuitous act of self indulgence such as this, irrespective of who the player is, irrespective of the club he plays for and irrespective of how long he has played for said club.

Moyes and Sunderland have shown themselves up by pandering to Chelsea's request. Let's suppose the shoe was on the other foot and Terry had played his entire career at Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/ManCity or Man Utd. I cannot, in a month of Sundays, imagine any of those clubs making the same type of suggestion to Sunderland. It's so small time.

"It's so small time" tells me all I need to know about your small-minded attitude.

End of discussion.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E