Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SJV  
#1 Posted : 03 June 2016 19:35:34(UTC)
SJV

Man

With silly season upon us, I think now is a good time to start a new thread for the upcoming season.

To kick it off, we have Ilkay Gundogan joining Man Citeh. Also...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

Vardy to Arsenal? 

ps, could one of the mods sticky this and unsticky last seasons thread (or perhaps move it to classics), please? 

Edited by moderator 19 June 2016 17:11:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CAPE-steve
Follow Steel City Skies on Facebook for daily weather forecasts for Sheffield!
Recognise the hallucinatory nature of your reality.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your TheWeatherOutlook forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Saint Snow  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2016 11:11:25(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

I really wouldn't understand Vardy going to the arses. He's just won a title, will be competing in the Champions League, is gaining international recognition. I hope he stays at Leicester, because I really don't want that team to fragment so soon.

I also think Koeman is crackers to consider going to Everton. Soton is his 'stepping stone club' and, if he puts in another strong season there, he'll get a chance at a big club, whether in the UK or Europe. But Everton is a pretty toxic place, with some of the most deluded & demanding fans in the PL. It's a dump of a ground. Their only two top quality players (Lukaku & Stones) will be off this summer, whilst their cornerstone players - Jagielka, Barry, Baines - are on the aging downward spiral. It'd be a sideways move at best.

Trump on Jeffrey Epstein:
"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
Offline NickR  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2016 11:21:19(UTC)
NickR

Man

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow Go to Quoted Post

I really wouldn't understand Vardy going to the arses. He's just won a title, will be competing in the Champions League, is gaining international recognition. I hope he stays at Leicester, because I really don't want that team to fragment so soon.

I also think Koeman is crackers to consider going to Everton. Soton is his 'stepping stone club' and, if he puts in another strong season there, he'll get a chance at a big club, whether in the UK or Europe. But Everton is a pretty toxic place, with some of the most deluded & demanding fans in the PL. It's a dump of a ground. Their only two top quality players (Lukaku & Stones) will be off this summer, whilst their cornerstone players - Jagielka, Barry, Baines - are on the aging downward spiral. It'd be a sideways move at best.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Offline haghir22  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2016 10:55:21(UTC)
haghir22

Man

1/ Utd

2/ Spurs

3/ Liverpool

4/ West Ham

Odds?

YNWA
Offline Saint Snow  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2016 12:28:40(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

Indy really rips into Maureen & Chavski

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eva-carneiro-the-shame-of-chelsea-a-club-who-were-ready-to-drag-carneiros-name-through-the-mud-a7071271.html

I think there's a good chance ManU will rue stonewalling Bobby Charlton's advice when he railed against appointing Maureen.

"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Martin
Offline Gooner  
#6 Posted : 19 June 2016 15:53:01(UTC)
Gooner

Man

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow Go to Quoted Post

I have no idea why Vardy would want to come to Arsenal................he is one of their star men .

Also don't understand Wenger waiting until Vardy is departing for the Euro's before making his move.........was he really interested in him?

And Wengers comment of " I'm surprised Vardy needs time to consider " is pure arrogance from Wenger

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L
Offline Saint Snow  
#7 Posted : 20 June 2016 16:00:28(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

Originally Posted by: Gooner Go to Quoted Post

I have no idea why Vardy would want to come to Arsenal................he is one of their star men .

Also don't understand Wenger waiting until Vardy is departing for the Euro's before making his move.........was he really interested in him?

And Wengers comment of " I'm surprised Vardy needs time to consider " is pure arrogance from Wenger

Good to see you back, Gooner. For your own health, just stay out of the MO thread

Martin
SEMerc  
#8 Posted : 20 June 2016 17:15:10(UTC)

Looks like Wanyama will be a done deal (£11m).

So basically, with a middle three of Dier, Dembele and Wanyama, you'll now have a giant bulldozer.

Offline Gooner  
#9 Posted : 20 June 2016 17:30:37(UTC)
Gooner

Man

Originally Posted by: SEMerc Go to Quoted Post

Looks like Wanyama will be a done deal (£11m).

So basically, with a middle three of Dier, Dembele and Wanyama, you'll now have a giant bulldozer.

Very good signing

Wenger will of course try to tip toe around them

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L
Offline Lumi-Ukko  
#10 Posted : 23 June 2016 15:52:27(UTC)
Lumi-Ukko

Vardy stays at Leicester. Great to see some club loyalty (even though no doubt he had a tidy pay-rise). Might make Mahrez and Kante consider staying, which will make watching Leicester in the Champions League next season fun to watch, but at the very least we will see how well they can duplicate this season's success.
Offline Saint Snow  
#11 Posted : 25 July 2016 16:21:49(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

As his first press conference, new Sunderland manager David Moyes says he want to make Sunderland "a place where no-one wants to come"

You're a bit late with that one, Gollum!

Martin
Offline haghir22  
#12 Posted : 02 August 2016 12:46:45(UTC)
haghir22

Man

Nearly time....

I've entered my fantasy team on the official Premier League site and the TWO league is up and running again, would be good to see everyone have a go this season. I'm not sure who the admin is but might be worth a dedicated thread?

YNWA
Offline SJV  
#13 Posted : 02 August 2016 13:51:26(UTC)
SJV

Man

Did we have a league code?
CAPE-steve
Offline haghir22  
#14 Posted : 02 August 2016 14:13:13(UTC)
haghir22

Man

Originally Posted by: SJV Go to Quoted Post
Did we have a league code?

I'm not the admin, anyone else?

YNWA
Offline haghir22  
#15 Posted : 04 August 2016 05:59:11(UTC)
haghir22

Man

Names appear to be filling on the fantasy league so I presume old competitors have been automatically invited to re-join? Still trying to find out who set it up originally so we can have a code for any new players.
YNWA
Offline Lumi-Ukko  
#16 Posted : 04 August 2016 16:46:53(UTC)
Lumi-Ukko

Originally Posted by: haghir22 Go to Quoted Post
Names appear to be filling on the fantasy league so I presume old competitors have been automatically invited to re-join? Still trying to find out who set it up originally so we can have a code for any new players.

Yes, I would like to join. My team is in for my friends league, so just need the code for the TWO league.

Offline SJV  
#17 Posted : 08 August 2016 09:06:42(UTC)
SJV

Man

Just a bump to this thread regarding the fantasy league. Anyone reading have the code?

CAPE-steve
Offline Lumi-Ukko  
#18 Posted : 08 August 2016 16:28:12(UTC)
Lumi-Ukko

Just a bump to this thread regarding the fantasy league. Anyone reading have the code?

Double Bump

Offline SJV  
#19 Posted : 12 August 2016 12:55:29(UTC)
SJV

Man

Originally Posted by: Lumi-Ukko Go to Quoted Post

Double Bump

we must go deeper...

Triple Bump 

CAPE-steve
Offline Lumi-Ukko  
#20 Posted : 14 August 2016 23:07:42(UTC)
Lumi-Ukko

we must go deeper...

Triple Bump 

It's like inception.

Quadruple bump...