Saint Snow
02 December 2015 11:30:02

Originally Posted by: lanky 

With an error of 2.1C this month I will be passing the yellow jersey to someone else in December  

Well to be fair, 11.6c was never going to happen, Lanky

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
lanky
02 December 2015 13:33:55

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Well to be fair, 11.6c was never going to happen, Lanky

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
09 December 2015 21:32:26

Do we have an update on how the competition stands.  Maybe I shouldn't ask because I'm expecting to have taken a battering in November. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Global Warming
09 December 2015 22:33:30

Originally Posted by: Caz 

Do we have an update on how the competition stands.  Maybe I shouldn't ask because I'm expecting to have taken a battering in November. 

Sorry I am too busy at work and with other things right now to pull together all the stats for November. Will try and get to it this weekend but won't be for a few more days I'm afraid.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
10 December 2015 13:46:17

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Sorry I am too busy at work and with other things right now to pull together all the stats for November. Will try and get to it this weekend but won't be for a few more days I'm afraid.

No problem GW.  I understand and I'm sure putting the stats together isn't a quick job.  I really do appreciate all you do for this competition, so please forgive my impatience. 

Global Warming
11 December 2015 21:58:00

Apologies for the delay but here are the final charts for November and Autumn. A very mild November with just a short cold snap which cost us the CET record. In the end it was the 3rd warmest November on record.

For Autumn as a whole after a chilly start we ended up above average at 11C making it the 23rd warmest Autumn in the 357 year CET series on a par with 1994, 2002 and 2004.

Global Warming
12 December 2015 11:05:44

Annual CET competition - November update

Some big changes in the table this month. After four months at the top lanky had a bad month and slides down to fourth. John S2 is the new leader for the second time this year. He also led the table in February.

After a correct prediction this month Taylor1740 shoots up to third place which is the highest position for the year (identified by a star next to the position number). Sussex snow magnet is also at a high for the year in second place.

Plenty of other people in the top ten reaching their peak position for the year - nouska in 7th, Darren S in 8th and Roonie in 9th.

There are a number of high climbers this month including Essan and Snowshoe.

The big fallers this month are Deep Powder and ARTzeman.

Hungry Tiger
12 December 2015 11:40:21

Nice to see I've gone back up some places. I bet I'll  drop a bit with the December one. But I think we'll all be out on this month.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

Darren S
12 December 2015 11:41:31

Thanks GW!

Assuming everyone has gone too low for December, we can work out the final year table. Looks like I'll finish in 5th, which is pleasing considering my very indifferent start to the year, but your high prediction will see you screaming past me into 4th. The current leader is going to plunge outside the Top 10, leaving numbers 2, 3 and 4 to fight it out with less than 0.1C separating the top two! 

Meanwhile, if you had gone even higher, you could have snatched the trophy with a massive climb!

Darren
Crowthorne, Berks (87m asl)
South Berks Winter Snow Depth Totals:
2022/23 7 cm; 2021/22 1 cm; 2020/21 13 cm; 2019/20 0 cm; 2018/19 14 cm; 2017/18 23 cm; 2016/17 0 cm; 2015/16 0.5 cm; 2014/15 3.5 cm; 2013/14 0 cm; 2012/13 22 cm; 2011/12 7 cm; 2010/11 6 cm; 2009/10 51 cm
Hungry Tiger
12 December 2015 15:12:29

I'll leave this stickied for a few more days to give everyone a chance to see their November results :-)

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

Sussex snow magnet
12 December 2015 15:50:22

Originally Posted by: Darren S 

Thanks GW!

Assuming everyone has gone too low for December, we can work out the final year table. Looks like I'll finish in 5th, which is pleasing considering my very indifferent start to the year, but your high prediction will see you screaming past me into 4th. The current leader is going to plunge outside the Top 10, leaving numbers 2, 3 and 4 to fight it out with less than 0.1C separating the top two! 

Meanwhile, if you had gone even higher, you could have snatched the trophy with a massive climb!

Got me exited then! At a glance and baring a massive end of month cool down lanky will top me by 0.04, but pleased with what looks like my best finish to date.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
12 December 2015 19:17:06

Many thanks GW! 

Well done to those who got it right, or nearly right as it was a difficult month.  I am very surprised to still be on the top table and to only fall 4 places.  December will probably see me sliding further although it's looking to be an even more difficult month than November.

Dougie
12 December 2015 19:26:58

Thankyou Simon for an excellent competition. It has been keenly fought this year, and there looks to be a nail-biting finish for some.

I started the year badly, and look odds-on to finish badly also unless there is a spectacular turn round in conditions, but hey, it's been fun.

Ha'way the lads
Global Warming
14 December 2015 23:13:33

Here are a few interesting charts for November

Mean temperature anomaly
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2015/11/2015_11_MeanTemp_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Very warm in the south

Rainfall anomaly
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2015/11/2015_11_Rainfall_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Shows clearly why certain areas have been experiencing flooding due to further rain falling in December. Greater than 200% of mean quite widely in some regions.

Sunshine anomaly
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/anomacts/2015/11/2015_11_Sunshine_Anomaly_1981-2010.gif

Dullest November on record for the UK as a whole with some places seeing well under 50% of normal sunshine.

All down to long fetch south-westerly's for most of the month bringing lots of cloud, plenty of warmth and orographically enhanced rain to western facing slopes.

John S2
15 December 2015 01:11:33
Thank you Global W for running the competition. I might be top of table at present but I definitely won't be at the end of this month.