SEMerc
31 May 2017 10:31:49

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Liverpool sources reporting that we've pulled out of the race to sign Ryan Sessegnon, as Spurs have all but tied this up. Top prospect. Diappointing that both Walker & Rose seem to be leaving you, though.

Another one-time hot prospect - Dominic Solanki - has joined Liverpool from Chelsea. His advancement's stagnated this last year, but how much of this is to do with his refusal to sign a new Chelsea deal is the question - and Conte in his first season found himself chasing the title so kept a very similar team as much as he could.

Elsewhere, Aubameyang joining PSG for £70m. Very good player, but he's 28 now and a player that heavily relies on speed so that's one big fee.

Walker is certainly going; but then again he has been overshadowed in recent weeks by Trippier. I wouldn't bet against Trippier taking Walker's job in the England team longer term. It will be an interesting competition between those two and Clyne.

I don't think Rose will go - he has an excellent relationship with Pochettino and regrets the fact he wasn't his manager earlier in his career. Besides, he's injured at the moment. I think it's nothing more than paper talk.

As for Sessegnon, he is the one player I'd love us to sign. I see him as a black Bale - being able to play LW as well as LB