SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
03 June 2016 19:35:34

With silly season upon us, I think now is a good time to start a new thread for the upcoming season.

To kick it off, we have Ilkay Gundogan joining Man Citeh. Also...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

Vardy to Arsenal? 

ps, could one of the mods sticky this and unsticky last seasons thread (or perhaps move it to classics), please? 

Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
📢 Play the TWO Forums Quiz!  📢
Saint Snow
04 June 2016 11:11:25

I really wouldn't understand Vardy going to the arses. He's just won a title, will be competing in the Champions League, is gaining international recognition. I hope he stays at Leicester, because I really don't want that team to fragment so soon.

I also think Koeman is crackers to consider going to Everton. Soton is his 'stepping stone club' and, if he puts in another strong season there, he'll get a chance at a big club, whether in the UK or Europe. But Everton is a pretty toxic place, with some of the most deluded & demanding fans in the PL. It's a dump of a ground. Their only two top quality players (Lukaku & Stones) will be off this summer, whilst their cornerstone players - Jagielka, Barry, Baines - are on the aging downward spiral. It'd be a sideways move at best.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
NickR
04 June 2016 11:21:19

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I really wouldn't understand Vardy going to the arses. He's just won a title, will be competing in the Champions League, is gaining international recognition. I hope he stays at Leicester, because I really don't want that team to fragment so soon.

I also think Koeman is crackers to consider going to Everton. Soton is his 'stepping stone club' and, if he puts in another strong season there, he'll get a chance at a big club, whether in the UK or Europe. But Everton is a pretty toxic place, with some of the most deluded & demanding fans in the PL. It's a dump of a ground. Their only two top quality players (Lukaku & Stones) will be off this summer, whilst their cornerstone players - Jagielka, Barry, Baines - are on the aging downward spiral. It'd be a sideways move at best.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
haghir22
08 June 2016 10:55:21

1/ Utd

2/ Spurs

3/ Liverpool

4/ West Ham

Odds?

YNWA
Saint Snow
11 June 2016 12:28:40

Indy really rips into Maureen & Chavski

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eva-carneiro-the-shame-of-chelsea-a-club-who-were-ready-to-drag-carneiros-name-through-the-mud-a7071271.html

I think there's a good chance ManU will rue stonewalling Bobby Charlton's advice when he railed against appointing Maureen.

Martin
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Gooner
19 June 2016 15:53:01

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I have no idea why Vardy would want to come to Arsenal................he is one of their star men .

Also don't understand Wenger waiting until Vardy is departing for the Euro's before making his move.........was he really interested in him?

And Wengers comment of " I'm surprised Vardy needs time to consider " is pure arrogance from Wenger

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Saint Snow
20 June 2016 16:00:28

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

I have no idea why Vardy would want to come to Arsenal................he is one of their star men .

Also don't understand Wenger waiting until Vardy is departing for the Euro's before making his move.........was he really interested in him?

And Wengers comment of " I'm surprised Vardy needs time to consider " is pure arrogance from Wenger

Good to see you back, Gooner. For your own health, just stay out of the MO thread

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
20 June 2016 17:15:10

Looks like Wanyama will be a done deal (£11m).

So basically, with a middle three of Dier, Dembele and Wanyama, you'll now have a giant bulldozer.

Gooner
20 June 2016 17:30:37

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Looks like Wanyama will be a done deal (£11m).

So basically, with a middle three of Dier, Dembele and Wanyama, you'll now have a giant bulldozer.

Very good signing

Wenger will of course try to tip toe around them

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Lumi-Ukko
23 June 2016 15:52:27
Vardy stays at Leicester. Great to see some club loyalty (even though no doubt he had a tidy pay-rise). Might make Mahrez and Kante consider staying, which will make watching Leicester in the Champions League next season fun to watch, but at the very least we will see how well they can duplicate this season's success.
Saint Snow
25 July 2016 16:21:49

As his first press conference, new Sunderland manager David Moyes says he want to make Sunderland "a place where no-one wants to come"

You're a bit late with that one, Gollum!

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
haghir22
02 August 2016 12:46:45

Nearly time....

I've entered my fantasy team on the official Premier League site and the TWO league is up and running again, would be good to see everyone have a go this season. I'm not sure who the admin is but might be worth a dedicated thread?

YNWA
SJV
  • SJV
02 August 2016 13:51:26
Did we have a league code?
Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
haghir22
02 August 2016 14:13:13

Originally Posted by: SJV 

Did we have a league code?

I'm not the admin, anyone else?

YNWA
haghir22
04 August 2016 05:59:11
Names appear to be filling on the fantasy league so I presume old competitors have been automatically invited to re-join? Still trying to find out who set it up originally so we can have a code for any new players.
YNWA
Lumi-Ukko
04 August 2016 16:46:53

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

Names appear to be filling on the fantasy league so I presume old competitors have been automatically invited to re-join? Still trying to find out who set it up originally so we can have a code for any new players.

Yes, I would like to join. My team is in for my friends league, so just need the code for the TWO league.

SJV
  • SJV
08 August 2016 09:06:42

Just a bump to this thread regarding the fantasy league. Anyone reading have the code?

Lumi-Ukko
08 August 2016 16:28:12

Just a bump to this thread regarding the fantasy league. Anyone reading have the code?

Double Bump

SJV
  • SJV
12 August 2016 12:55:29

Originally Posted by: Lumi-Ukko 

Double Bump

we must go deeper...

Triple Bump 

Lumi-Ukko
14 August 2016 23:07:42

we must go deeper...

Triple Bump 

It's like inception.

Quadruple bump...