spagbol
09 February 2015 10:13:51
Hello everyone.

Decided I should register at long last... I don't care to imagine how many years I've been looking at this forum! I might offer the odd uniformed opinion here and there, but I really haven't got much of a clue.

That's what my application to be a forecaster said anyway! 😉
ARTzeman
11 February 2015 13:18:48

Originally Posted by: spagbol 

Hello everyone.

Decided I should register at long last... I don't care to imagine how many years I've been looking at this forum! I might offer the odd uniformed opinion here and there, but I really haven't got much of a clue.

That's what my application to be a forecaster said anyway! ;)

YOU ARE NOT ALONE   !!!!  Welcome...

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Clare
13 September 2015 11:49:24
I'm on the scrounge- I have a Maplin NG96Y station, whch I believe is a Watson machine rebadged. I have lost the battery cover from the display , and it won't work without it. Maplin say they don't carry this as a spare- does anyone have an old machine they are not using that they can donate me the battery door cover from?? Thanks in advance x
On the Mid Sussex downs,156m amsl on ridge near Ardingly. Igloo built in our garden,2010, lasted till march !
gazza
17 November 2015 11:04:48

I've been a lurker on here for a long time (generally only looking in at winter time). I've signed in today as normal only to find all the colour gone from the forum - i.e. it goes monochrome once I sign in. Any reason for this? I've tried amending my profile to no avail....

Any help to get me back into to glorious technicolour would be fab.

Cheers,

Gary.

Bertwhistle
28 November 2015 08:47:52

Dear Matty et al

After reading posts for 9 years I finally joined up & am having a rare old time.

I scoured the FAQs but this one has rather foxed me I'm afraid: I notice posters often place excerpts from previous posts to help readers focus on the part they're responding to- it's a rectangular pecked-line box. Are you able to tell me how to use this feature please?

Kind regards

Bertie

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
StrathspeyWeather
29 November 2015 23:13:02

Back after a long break (formerly Larachmor) Many familiar names still around, whilst one or two are noticeably absent!!

Much improved look to the website.

Live Weather from Cromdale, in the Cairngorms National Park of Highland Scotland.
http://strathspeyweather.co.uk  (Met Office Climate Station)
Bertwhistle
02 December 2015 16:57:22

Hello

A plea! A plea!

I notice no replies have been given on this thread to newbies since February. Is this defunct, can anyone say? I am still keen to find out how to post boxed quotes on other threads and I'm not precious about the reply coming from an administrator.

The speed at which threads are recycled on here means this plea might only be visible for moments, so here's hoping...

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Marigold
02 December 2015 16:59:29

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Hello

A plea! A plea!

I notice no replies have been given on this thread to newbies since February. Is this defunct, can anyone say? I am still keen to find out how to post boxed quotes on other threads and I'm not precious about the reply coming from an administrator.

The speed at which threads are recycled on here means this plea might only be visible for moments, so here's hoping...

Hi Bertwhistle - no the thread isn't defunct, not every newbie posts in here! Can you clarify what your problem is with quotes?

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Marigold
02 December 2015 17:01:25

Originally Posted by: Marigold 

Hi Bertwhistle - no the thread isn't defunct, not every newbie posts in here! Can you clarify what your problem is with quotes?

Sorry - just read your earlier post - went in the wrong order! Have you tried using the Quote button to get the set up you want?

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Marigold
02 December 2015 17:02:17

Originally Posted by: StrathspeyWeather 

Back after a long break (formerly Larachmor) Many familiar names still around, whilst one or two are noticeably absent!!

Much improved look to the website.

I remember you well from the old days! Welcome back

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Bertwhistle
02 December 2015 17:08:42

OK

Thanks Marigold; I'm going to try it now. Sorry that I need micromanaging-but it's only once we hope: I'm logged in but can't see a quote button. Top? Bottom?

Bertie

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Marigold
02 December 2015 19:28:55

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

OK

Thanks Marigold; I'm going to try it now. Sorry that I need micromanaging-but it's only once we hope: I'm logged in but can't see a quote button. Top? Bottom?

Bertie

Top right - but you need your cursor in the box for it to show?

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Roger Parsons
22 December 2015 08:19:16
This time-consuming retirement malarky has kept me off the forum for many months.
In the lull before Christmas I have come on to express Yuletide Greetings and hopefully to restart my enjoyment of your posts.
With best wishes and hopes for a real winter eventually.

Roger

RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Marigold
22 December 2015 16:50:57

Originally Posted by: Roger Parsons 

This time-consuming retirement malarky has kept me off the forum for many months.
In the lull before Christmas I have come on to express Yuletide Greetings and hopefully to restart my enjoyment of your posts.
With best wishes and hopes for a real winter eventually.

Roger

Nice to see you back Roger

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Roger Parsons
22 December 2015 18:03:38
Thanks, Marigold. Good to be back.

R.
RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Hazy Days
03 January 2016 19:00:57
Hi Guys, Love the weather so going to try and learn a bit on here with a bit of luck.
Marigold
04 January 2016 15:24:39

Originally Posted by: Hazy Days 

Hi Guys, Love the weather so going to try and learn a bit on here with a bit of luck.

Welcome to the forum Hazy Days!

Southern Yorkshire Dales

bradders
04 January 2016 16:56:47

Originally Posted by: gazza 

I've been a lurker on here for a long time (generally only looking in at winter time). I've signed in today as normal only to find all the colour gone from the forum - i.e. it goes monochrome once I sign in. Any reason for this? I've tried amending my profile to no avail....

Any help to get me back into to glorious technicolour would be fab.

Cheers,

Gary.

Hi Gazza, I have the same problem as you regarding the pages being in monochrome. I think it`s because I`m using a Chromebook machine. Do you also use a Chromebook?

Regards,

Bradders.

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Hazy Days
04 January 2016 22:11:22

Originally Posted by: Marigold 

Welcome to the forum Hazy Days!

Thanks Marigold, think I may have joined just in time for some winter fun. :-)

Marigold
04 January 2016 23:41:07

Originally Posted by: Hazy Days 

Thanks Marigold, think I may have joined just in time for some winter fun. :-)

I seriously hope so - just don't hold your breath"!

Southern Yorkshire Dales