idj20
21 October 2010 20:30:30

Had to wait until my 10 am work's lunch break before I could be let loose with the camera as I wanted to catch my first obligatory frosty leaf photo of the season. That's why I was very lucky to have come across this isolated patch of frost that had somehow survived the mid-morning warm up, but only because it was heavily shaded.

Folkestone Harbour. 
idj20
01 November 2010 21:25:51

Keeping the Autumn theme going, I came across this gorgeous Autumnal glow just as I was leaving work at 4 pm. It's where moving back to GMT had caused the sun set to coincide with knocking off time at my workplace.

Now, for those who are new to TWO, don't be afraid to show your photography efforts here in this section. It doesn't have to be quality class, any type of shots are welcome in here - as long as it's weather-related!

Folkestone Harbour. 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
01 November 2010 21:30:07

Taken yesterday with a hint of mist hanging around the moors.

Paul W
01 November 2010 22:07:04

Three mighty fine photos there gentlemen.

I haven't managed any autumn ones so far this year. Must make an effort while there's still time!

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
www.facebook.com/paul.willows
www.visible-light.co.uk
Marigold
05 November 2010 20:27:51

Those autumn colours were really peaking- until that wind and rain came along  Anyway, still looking good last week in Hereford - looking across the Wye to the Cathedral

Southern Yorkshire Dales

WMB
  • WMB
  • Advanced Member
08 November 2010 17:45:28

Some wonderful colourful photos in here.  Here's a  drab grey one to remind us it's nearly winter.

Snow on fells taken from Bridekirk

Marigold
10 November 2010 20:46:14

Love the hint of snow Bill

A misty sunny start to the day here in Wharfedale and plenty of colour left, despite the recent winds

Southern Yorkshire Dales

idj20
11 November 2010 18:21:29

Gorgeous colour in that photo, Marigold. Also like the quilt patchwork like shape of those fields!

Anyway, as you know, Autumn is well known for big waves in stormy weather . . . and today provided just that! (Taken from the seafront near my house at Folkestone).

Folkestone Harbour. 
Marigold
11 November 2010 19:27:35

Wooo, looks like you were in the sea for that shot Ian

Southern Yorkshire Dales

idj20
11 November 2010 20:24:31

Marigold wrote:

I almost was!

But no, that is one of the joys of using a powerful zoom lens.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Hungry Tiger
11 November 2010 20:47:44

idj20 wrote:

Marigold wrote:

I almost was!

Nice pictures like that make me envious - great stuff Ian. What lens did you use for that excellent picture.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

idj20
13 November 2010 09:50:14

Hungry Tiger wrote:

idj20 wrote:

Marigold wrote:

I almost was!

Nice pictures like that make me envious - great stuff Ian. What lens did you use for that excellent picture.

Hi Gavin and thanks for the positive comment!

Sorry for the slow reponse. I just used my battered but trusty Fuji S5600 bridge camera with it's built in 10x zoom lens. It's only worth about £30 on the second hand market so if it did get damaged, it wouldn't be an expensive loss. Something I didn't want to risk with my Nikon D40.
  Athough I'd still be gutted if something happens to the S5600 as it is serving me very well and is responsible for 90% of my favourite shots.

Folkestone Harbour. 
RobN
  • RobN
  • Advanced Member
13 November 2010 12:35:26

There are some lovely autumnal shots in here and special congratulations are due to Ian for keeping the thread momentum going with some consistently wonderful shots. I haven't been out and about with my camera much lately, but couldn't let this thread run its course without posting something, so here is a shot taken in the gardens of Anglesey Abbey, South Cambridgeshire last weekend. I expect most of these leaves have been stripped off by now...

Rob
In the flatlands of South Cambridgeshire 15m ASL.
Dizzy Daff
13 November 2010 18:24:26

Mmmmm, some gorgeous pics. 

I thought I'd better post one or two before the winter thread starts.  These were from Peebles in the Borders last weekend.

Peebles 1

Peebles 2

Peebles 3

Daphne
Grantown on Spey
774 ft ASL
Scottish Highlands
Dizzy Daff
13 November 2010 18:33:26

These were from Grantown on 25 October...

frost 1

frost2

frost3

Daphne
Grantown on Spey
774 ft ASL
Scottish Highlands
idj20
13 November 2010 18:44:08

Thaaaaaat's better! NOW we're rockin' and rolling!

Allow me to keep the momentum going with this other picture I took at the same time as that stormy one.

And then I got this the next morning. Unfortunately it was a quick "taken from the backyard" affair. Wanted a better foreground to accompany the sky but by the time I got changed and got outside to find a better location, that colour would have long since faded away.

Folkestone Harbour. 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
25 November 2010 00:20:29

Still Autumn, but ...

Marigold
25 November 2010 08:59:04

Lovely autumn snowscene, Colin

Southern Yorkshire Dales

WMB
  • WMB
  • Advanced Member
27 November 2010 11:29:46

A few from this morning.  Autumn or winter?