haghir22
04 June 2015 15:27:55

Originally Posted by: future_is_orange 

lack of goals and a weak defence  contributed to Liverpool's feeble campaign.. I suppose in the theory according to saint that Arsenal only Finnished third cos man u were crap...city were 2nd because arsenal were just a tad better than man u and so on. Here a tip..concentrate on your own team rather than the ones who Finnish consistently above you !! Your rants are very Benitez Esque..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011614/Liverpool-finished-higher-league-average-club-England-Manchester-United-Arsenal-rest-rank.html

YNWA
04 June 2015 16:08:25

lack of goals and a weak defence  contributed to Liverpool's feeble campaign.. I suppose in the theory according to saint that Arsenal only Finnished third cos man u were crap...city were 2nd because arsenal were just a tad better than man u and so on. Here a tip..concentrate on your own team rather than the ones who Finnish consistently above you !! Your rants are very Benitez Esque..

To be honest. Man Utd and Liverpool were both crap. The reason Man Utd finished higher is because they have a world class coach. The season just gone was poor overall in my opinion. Chelsea won it at a canter without really trying, thanks to the ineptitude of the chasing pack.

Malcolm UserPostedImage
Wakefield & Gothenburg, SWE
future_is_orange
05 June 2015 19:19:43

Originally Posted by: WanderingLonelyAsACumulonimbusIncus 

To be honest. Man Utd and Liverpool were both crap. The reason Man Utd finished higher is because they have a world class coach. The season just gone was poor overall in my opinion. Chelsea won it at a canter without really trying, thanks to the ineptitude of the chasing pack.

No doubt Chelsea won the title at a cruise...down to Jose and a steady team selection. The rest will have to step up to challenge....I do think it will be closer next season.

SEMerc
08 June 2015 15:23:06

I always have a chuckle this time of the year as papers contrive to come up with the most ludicrous story.

My current favourite is from The Sun reporting that Bentaleb is in talks with the Dippers for a £10m transfer.

haghir22
08 June 2015 19:23:20
.....and thats funnier than Ings?
YNWA
Saint Snow
08 June 2015 19:30:05

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

.....and thats funnier than Ings?

Wait till we sign his team-mate Trippier!

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Gooner
08 June 2015 20:32:05

No doubt Chelsea won the title at a cruise...down to Jose and a steady team selection. The rest will have to step up to challenge....I do think it will be closer next season.

I do as well on the basis on how much more can Chelsea improve their squad its world class at the moment whereas the other have much more room for improvement

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Gooner
08 June 2015 20:33:29

If I were a Liverpool fan Im not too sure what id be thinking ....................from Suarez to Ings in a couple of seasons.

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Saint Snow
08 June 2015 20:44:53

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

If I were a Liverpool fan Im not too sure what id be thinking ....................from Suarez to Ings in a couple of seasons.

It's got all the hallmarks of a Moneyball signing which, given FSG were amongst the first to embrace Moneyball in the US, and the various reports from soon after they took over that they felt Moneyball could be adapted to 'soccer', it's not a surprise.

Being a Liverpool fan, if the plan from here on in this summer is to sign a top class, proven striker, whilst shipping out Bellend-telli, Borini & Lambert, then we'll have hugely improved our forward line (Sturridge, Origi, Ings, other).

But, knowing the Liverpool hierarchy, we may well think "Sturridge, Ings, & Origi... yeah, that's what we'll run with." In which case, we'll be battling Sperms for 5th again.

The hottest rumour for us is that we're well into the process of signing Kovacic. That'd be a coup!

Martin
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Gooner
08 June 2015 22:42:16

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

It's got all the hallmarks of a Moneyball signing which, given FSG were amongst the first to embrace Moneyball in the US, and the various reports from soon after they took over that they felt Moneyball could be adapted to 'soccer', it's not a surprise.

Being a Liverpool fan, if the plan from here on in this summer is to sign a top class, proven striker, whilst shipping out Bellend-telli, Borini & Lambert, then we'll have hugely improved our forward line (Sturridge, Origi, Ings, other).

But, knowing the Liverpool hierarchy, we may well think "Sturridge, Ings, & Origi... yeah, that's what we'll run with." In which case, we'll be battling Sperms for 5th again.

The hottest rumour for us is that we're well into the process of signing Kovacic. That'd be a coup!

Genuine comment ..............................I actually think the Kop deserve better , they were so close when they had Suarez and now they are losing ground, coupled with the fact that they are losing Mr Gerrard its not a great time. IMO

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

SEMerc
09 June 2015 09:42:01

Can't vouch for the veracity of this story but it looks as if Levy is trolling the Dippers. Well at least I hope he is.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/216050/liverpool-accepted.html

Saint Snow
09 June 2015 10:32:22

Anyone ever heard of the CIES Football Observatory in Switzerland?

Me neither, but I'd sure like some of what they're smoking. They do reports on player valuation across Europe, focussing on the 'Big 5' Leagues, and using a range of criteria I can't be fully arsed to read into.

Their end-of-season report does a 'Top Aggregated Value by Club' table. Liverpool are 5th. That is, they are calculated to have the 5th most valuable squad in Europe.

Hmmmm... yeah, good luck with that!

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/mr06_eng.pdf

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
Saint Snow
09 June 2015 11:44:17

Wet Spam get the manager they really wanted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33062196

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
Saint Snow
11 June 2015 20:00:16

The Manc scum reported to be signing Firminio for a ridiculously low £13m

The rawk meltdown has started.

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
11 June 2015 21:17:07

LOL, Shiteh trolling the Dippers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33104367

haghir22
12 June 2015 05:52:00

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

LOL, Shiteh trolling the Dippers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33104367

is tht trolling or just an opening offer? To be fair I don't think he's worth much more than that, say £35mill and that's just for potential. Liverpools valuation of £50mill is ludicrous.

YNWA
Saint Snow
12 June 2015 08:24:12

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

is tht trolling or just an opening offer? To be fair I don't think he's worth much more than that, say £35mill and that's just for potential. Liverpools valuation of £50mill is ludicrous.

I agree on the face of it he seems overpriced; he had a patchy season last year- but he was brilliant during 2013/14, he's got 2 years left on his contract, is one of the best players of his generation, and is still only 20 (which means that, whoever buys him, would be able to recoup any fee they paid easily)

Then remember that Luke Shaw went for £30m. Benteke's being quoted at £32.5. Bony went for £28m. Hell, the Manc scum paid £60m for Di Maria & a £20m loan fee for flopping Falcao.

The market sets the price, and I think we'll clear £40m.

Personally, I'd be talking with Real Madrid, and casting an eye over some of their fringe players to line up a player swap deal.

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
future_is_orange
12 June 2015 08:54:34

I agree on the face of it he seems overpriced; he had a patchy season last year- but he was brilliant during 2013/14, he's got 2 years left on his contract, is one of the best players of his generation, and is still only 20 (which means that, whoever buys him, would be able to recoup any fee they paid easily)

Then remember that Luke Shaw went for £30m. Benteke's being quoted at £32.5. Bony went for £28m. Hell, the Manc scum paid £60m for Di Maria & a £20m loan fee for flopping Falcao.

The market sets the price, and I think we'll clear £40m.

Personally, I'd be talking with Real Madrid, and casting an eye over some of their fringe players to line up a player swap deal.

Saint.... 35-40M looks his money. I am sure Man City will pay that fee...... as far as signing fringe real Madrid players the obstacle is getting them to come to north west England !! Khedira gone too Italy and benzema don't fancy it either.

Saint Snow
12 June 2015 10:06:02

Saint.... 35-40M looks his money. I am sure Man City will pay that fee...... as far as signing fringe real Madrid players the obstacle is getting them to come to north west England !! Khedira gone too Italy and benzema don't fancy it either. 

I was more thinking Varane & Illaramendi

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
future_is_orange
12 June 2015 17:03:31

I was more thinking Varane & Illaramendi

I would take varane in a flash. Hopefully woody can negotiate a decent deal involving de gea.