• Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
30 May 2015 22:18:05

New Thread. 

pnepaul
31 May 2015 07:51:56

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

New Thread. 

New Thread - the usual suspects will be in the top 4 at the end of  next season 

end of thread 

future_is_orange
31 May 2015 08:15:04
Maybe the usual top 4..placing may well vary. But there are 4 teams challenging for the title. Spain is a two team title race..both Italy and Germany have a single team vastly stronger than the rest of their challengers, a one horse race.
Gooner
31 May 2015 17:11:56

Originally Posted by: future_is_orange 

Maybe the usual top 4..placing may well vary. But there are 4 teams challenging for the title. Spain is a two team title race..both Italy and Germany have a single team vastly stronger than the rest of their challengers, a one horse race.

Agreed

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

future_is_orange
31 May 2015 17:39:56
Personally I would make Chelsea favourites....slight favourites. Both Manchester clubs will spend big and Gooners should strengthen (Wenger spend some money!) I do feel Arsenal are fairly close to having a special squad it does need a little strengthening but they are very close.
Gooner
31 May 2015 18:55:43

Personally I would make Chelsea favourites....slight favourites. Both Manchester clubs will spend big and Gooners should strengthen (Wenger spend some money!) I do feel Arsenal are fairly close to having a special squad it does need a little strengthening but they are very close.

Arsenal scored 2 goals fewer and conceded 4 more than Chelsea so it really is fine margins.

Arsenals squad when fully fit really is very very good trouble is they tend to pick up alot of long term injuries , more than any other club it would seem.

A Keeper and CDM and a CF is what AW needs.

Chelsea are the favourites and rightly so, I think M City /Arsenal and Uts will fight it out for 2nd place.

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

future_is_orange
31 May 2015 19:02:56

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

Arsenal scored 2 goals fewer and conceded 4 more than Chelsea so it really is fine margins.

Arsenals squad when fully fit really is very very good trouble is they tend to pick up alot of long term injuries , more than any other club it would seem.

A Keeper and CDM and a CF is what AW needs.

Chelsea are the favourites and rightly so, I think M City /Arsenal and Uts will fight it out for 2nd place.

Yes..tho I would also add a top drawer centre half. Basically the spine needs toughened and strengthened with a winning mentality. Just a tad light weight at the moment.

llamedos
31 May 2015 22:31:09

Looks about right to me.......

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
haghir22
01 June 2015 11:26:18

P'ah, you lot know nothing. Clearly with Toure signing an extension, Liabiliiotelli staying and Benteke, Ings and Milner possibly joining we have the league sown up......

YNWA
Gooner
01 June 2015 17:59:17

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

P'ah, you lot know nothing. Clearly with Toure signing an extension, Liabiliiotelli staying and Benteke, Ings and Milner possibly joining we have the league sown up......

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Gooner
01 June 2015 18:00:35

Yes..tho I would also add a top drawer centre half. Basically the spine needs toughened and strengthened with a winning mentality. Just a tad light weight at the moment.

Hmmmmmm I am torn, I think a top keeper would certainly help the goal difference, I think once Per is dropped we should be ok................I think

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

future_is_orange
01 June 2015 18:22:54

Hmmmmmm I am torn, I think a top keeper would certainly help the goal difference, I think once Per is dropped we should be ok................I think

A top goalie is a must ! Tho once again Wenger will prob not spend where needed. A good squad but too many players which are similar esp attacking midfielders. 

Gooner
01 June 2015 22:25:08

A top goalie is a must ! Tho once again Wenger will prob not spend where needed. A good squad but too many players which are similar esp attacking midfielders. 

Agreed..........far too many simialr players . I think Wenger will again buy just the one big money player and a could of finge players

Whats your take on Man u......100+ Million t spend???

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

future_is_orange
02 June 2015 06:29:20

Agreed..........far too many simialr players . I think Wenger will again buy just the one big money player and a could of finge players

Whats your take on Man u......100+ Million t spend???

Yes Man U will spend prob 150M .....tho some of that will probably be offset with de gea going to RM. Hopefully we will screw them over and demand a huge fee or a swap deal.

Cech is seen by many man u fans as an ideal replacement.  A decent RB and top drawer CB. An experienced midfielder ie bastian swine tiger and a marque centre forward. Could Bale or Ronaldo be part of the De Gea deal...? Bale had a mare last season and Ronaldo is not happy with appt of Benitez.

Those to be sold Nani, Cleverley, Hernandez, Raphael, Evans, de Gea, RVP n possibly Di Maria.

Targets Cech, Loris, Otamendi, Alves, clyne, Hummels, varane, Godin, Laporte. Bastian swine tiger, schniederlin, gundogan. Higuain, benzema, Bale, ronaldo

Gooner
02 June 2015 18:47:44

Blimey thats some shopping list with some very interesting names thrown in, I dont think LVG will have any problem getting players.

Its always a gamble though getting 6-8 new players .

One thing is UTD will be there or thereabouts yet again, people writing them off so early last season were mad.

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

02 June 2015 21:34:13
Fantastic news for Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, and Man Utd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32986151 
Malcolm UserPostedImage
Wakefield & Gothenburg, SWE
Saint Snow
02 June 2015 21:35:12

One thing is UTD will be there or thereabouts yet again, people writing them off so early last season were mad.

They were between average & poor throughout the season. They got a free pass to fourth because Liverpool were mind-numbingly crap the first & last third of the season, and Spunks were also pretty shoddy.

This after spending close to a quarter-billion quid in transfer & loan fees in 13 months.

De Gea was their player of the year, and probably single-handedly won them their CL place. With him likely going, they'll need to spend big. But, with Carrick another year older, a defence almost as sh*te as Liverpool's, and misfiring mega-stars like Di Maria, nothing's certain.

In their favour, Liverpool look like sticking with Rodgers & pursuing distinctly average players like Milner, Ings & Benteke, whilst Spunks are linked with few players & Levy is a tight-arsed gimp.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
03 June 2015 17:15:53
New Madrid boss Rafa Benitez says he 'admires' Raheem Sterling. Subtle tapping up....

Bid incoming...
Malcolm UserPostedImage
Wakefield & Gothenburg, SWE
Saint Snow
03 June 2015 19:57:11

Originally Posted by: WanderingLonelyAsACumulonimbusIncus 

New Madrid boss Rafa Benitez says he 'admires' Raheem Sterling. Subtle tapping up....

Bid incoming...

He's going, and can be such a petulant little turd that he'll sulk if he doesn't get what he wants. So... better RM for two reasons:

1) it's not a rival in England

2) RM tend not to lowball with their bids, and if we could get £45m, I'd be happy. Sterling is never going to be anywhere near the player Suarez was/is

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
future_is_orange
03 June 2015 21:10:57

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

They were between average & poor throughout the season. They got a free pass to fourth because Liverpool were mind-numbingly crap the first & last third of the season, and Spunks were also pretty shoddy.

This after spending close to a quarter-billion quid in transfer & loan fees in 13 months.

De Gea was their player of the year, and probably single-handedly won them their CL place. With him likely going, they'll need to spend big. But, with Carrick another year older, a defence almost as sh*te as Liverpool's, and misfiring mega-stars like Di Maria, nothing's certain.

In their favour, Liverpool look like sticking with Rodgers & pursuing distinctly average players like Milner, Ings & Benteke, whilst Spunks are linked with few players & Levy is a tight-arsed gimp.

lack of goals and a weak defence  contributed to Liverpool's feeble campaign.. I suppose in the theory according to saint that Arsenal only Finnished third cos man u were crap...city were 2nd because arsenal were just a tad better than man u and so on. Here a tip..concentrate on your own team rather than the ones who Finnish consistently above you !! Your rants are very Benitez Esque..