Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
07 August 2011 19:48:58

Hi All.

As you may have noticed there's a new sub-forum added to Weather. Please post all your weather related pics and videos in there. The Photo Forum remains for all your non-weather pics

NickR
15 March 2013 11:19:20

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

Hi All.

As you may have noticed there's a new sub-forum added to Weather. Please post all your weather related pics and videos in there. The Photo Forum remains for all your non-weather pics

We are not in the process of transferring the photography and videos back to this thread. The subforum will be closed when this has been done. 

The experiment was worth trying, but this forum ended up being used very rarely, and people ended up unsure as to where to put weather pics.

So, from now on, they will go back in here. THanks! :)

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
beaufort
15 March 2013 11:21:56

A right decision on balance Nick. I must admit I thought it was a good thing but I kept forgetting the sub-forum was there, and it looked a bit scrappy. 

idj20
15 March 2013 12:27:01

I remember mentioning about that to the lovely Matty H where I said about it being "hard work" flitting from one page to another if I fancy a browse though member's photos and videos.
 I'm glad the decision was made to scrap the sub forum as I, too, kept forgetting it was there - but at the same time it should bring a bit more life back to this section.

Folkestone Harbour. 
NickR
15 March 2013 12:51:25

Originally Posted by: idj20 

I remember mentioning about that to the lovely Matty H where I said about it being "hard work" flitting from one page to another if I fancy a browse though member's photos and videos.
 I'm glad the decision was made to scrap the sub forum as I, too, kept forgetting it was there - but at the same time it should bring a bit more life back to this section.

Now I've just got to move 12 pages of threads one by one into here. 

Bear with me guys! Might be an over-the-weekend job.

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
beaufort
15 March 2013 13:20:00

Well if it was me, I'd move the Photography Forum contents (as that is only four pages) into the sub forum, rename it the 'Photography Forum', then move it back to where it belongs.  

NickR
15 March 2013 13:35:40

Originally Posted by: beaufort 

Well if it was me, I'd move the Photography Forum contents (as that is only four pages) into the sub forum, rename it the 'Photography Forum', then move it back to where it belongs.  

I'll be honest, I can't find the way to move an entire forum!

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
beaufort
15 March 2013 14:54:39

Sorry, I can't help you. If it was the old forum I could probably help, but I don't know the ins and outs of this one. 

glenogle
07 January 2014 15:57:22

This page doesnt get much action, so decided to copy one of my recent posts into here for posterity.

It is easy to underestimate the depth of water, but even easier to underestimate how low your vehicle's air intake is.

I sat at a flood all day and watched the level drop, also watched and laughed at those coming to grief ignoring the road closed signs.

After the level had dropped about a foot (was a 3hr diversion tp avoid the flood), i witnessed a ford fiesta get through the flood.  I thought, damn if a fiesta can do it my astra van can do it.  Not taking into account that the fiesta is actually quite a high car and the astra van very low in comparison.  In i went, then failed   Glad i filmed it in all honesty.

Not long after i stopped an off duty policeman came by in his Range Rover and pushed me out with his rubber bull bar.

As i had switched the van off as soon as i stopped, the van restarted 1st time once i was pushed out the other side. 

Watch and enjoy 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5WZKzh8l_s

UserPostedImage LLTNP 105m asl 
chiversa
30 December 2014 14:55:11

2 days of frost. Dec 30th.not as good as snow maybe but beautiful all the same.. Alan

Hoar Frost Timsbury.Hants.not as good as snow but..

ARTzeman
30 December 2014 16:18:31

Nice frosty images...

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Dizzy Daff
13 January 2015 20:54:15

Snow's here...

Snow's here

The garden seat

Snow in Grantown

Cycling home from school

Cycling home from school tonight

Made it!

Made it!

Daphne
Grantown on Spey
774 ft ASL
Scottish Highlands
llamedos
13 January 2015 21:26:07

Winter just wouldn't be the same without your snowy captures Daff.........

Have you changed your garden - it seems to have changed or perhaps your pictures just taken from a different angle 

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
ARTzeman
13 January 2015 23:59:53

Good Images  of the snow... .

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Dizzy Daff
14 January 2015 13:54:19

Lol!  No, garden is the same, just moved the seat left a bit and chopped back a whole load of bushes and green stuff.  Very observant...

That picture must have been from 2010!

Daphne
Grantown on Spey
774 ft ASL
Scottish Highlands
Gooner
16 January 2015 00:04:45

Great pics

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Rob K
18 October 2016 12:41:58

Rainbow yesterday evening. Note the "supernumerary bands" inside - at least 4, maybe 5!

Photo looks a bit squashed. Click here: http://i.imgur.com/Lu3lSON.gif

Info on supernumerary band formation: http://www.atoptics.co.uk/rainbows/supers.htm

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
20 July 2017 18:21:30
This is a nice clip of a dry beck suddenly springing to life.
Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-40672629/heavy-rain-brings-long-gill-near-ingleton-back-to-life 

When I was working in Swaledale several times the river would suddenly rise in a couple of minutes due to thundery showers higher up.
It was easy to imagine people being caught out and unable to get up a slippery bank quick enough.
AIMSIR
21 July 2017 19:56:59

Wonderful.

Wonder full.

four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
05 August 2017 05:52:15

Felixstowe before 1900.
That flckr account has a lot of interesting pictures from the area even if you don't know it at all.

UserPostedImage
Convalescent Hill 1897 by Richard Wisbey, on Flickr