Ally Pally Snowman
13 July 2014 21:34:26
Germany deserve it best team in the tournament.
Bishop's Stortford 85m ASL.
Medlock Vale Weather
13 July 2014 21:35:59

The team I thought would win have done it! yes!!.... finally we can put to bed the notion that European teams cannot win in the Americas!..... the wait is finally over!

Alan in Medlock Valley - Oldham's frost hollow. 103 metres above sea level.
What is a frost hollow? http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/wxfacts/Frost-hollow.htm 
SEMerc
13 July 2014 21:37:45

13 July 2014 21:38:45
Excellent. Best team won it, and a great goal to win it too.
Malcolm UserPostedImage
Wakefield & Gothenburg, SWE
Charmhills
13 July 2014 21:40:12

Originally Posted by: Medlock Vale Weather 

The team I thought would win have done it! yes!!.... finally we can put to bed the notion that European teams cannot win in the Americas!..... the wait is finally over!

Don't include England in that will you...

A good game for the Germans.

Loughborough, EM.

Knowledge is power, ignorance is weakness.

Duane.
SEMerc
13 July 2014 21:42:33

Yes, Argentina created good chances but spent much of the game parking the bus. Didn't deserve to win and rightly didn't.

Gooner
13 July 2014 21:52:04

If you cant hit the target you dont deserve to win anything

Germany deserved winners

Take a good side to beat this German outfit over the next few years

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Matty H
13 July 2014 21:54:16
Lol. Just LOL!!!
Matty H
13 July 2014 21:55:38
Go and collect your LOSERS medal, Lionel 😂
Gooner
13 July 2014 22:03:53

Amazing how many caps these German lads have , shows how long they have been together, some of them wont be far off 160 -180 caps when they retire , quite remarkable

Just how good was Schwienstiger , superb player

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

pnepaul
13 July 2014 22:08:00

Messi gets  player of the world cup award  - what a joke. I presume he got that to keep the sponsors happy 

Gooner
13 July 2014 22:09:35

Should also add

Germany 8 World World Cup Finals winners on 4 of those occasions .

Hats of to them .

PLUS

How Messi deserve his trophy ????

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Gooner
13 July 2014 22:10:50

Originally Posted by: pnepaul 

Messi gets  player of the world cup award  - what a joke. I presume he got that to keep the sponsors happy 

Beat me to it , agree what a joke

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

SEMerc
13 July 2014 22:20:01

Absolute joke - the winkfest over Messi has been stopped in its tracks. He has yet to achieve what Pele and Maradona have achieved at the World Cup.

He probably has one tournament left and I think he'll be blubbing after that one because I can see this Germany side repeating tonight's win.

The best team fittingly won this tournament.

sriram
13 July 2014 22:24:18
YES - ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED
Sriram
Sedgley, West Midlands ( just south of Wolverhampton )
162m ASL
13 July 2014 22:30:15

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Absolute joke - the winkfest over Messi has been stopped in its tracks. He has yet to achieve what Pele and Maradona have achieved at the World Cup.

Completely agree. There are many players who should have won that ahead of Messi. What a farcical decision.

Malcolm UserPostedImage
Wakefield & Gothenburg, SWE
SEMerc
13 July 2014 23:01:52

I'll tip my hat to the Brazilians for organising a great tournament. Great atmosphere unlike South Africa with those stupid vivivulvas or whatever the feck they were called.

Depressingly, the next two tournaments are likely to be utterly soulless affairs, typified by the nations in which they are being held.

Matty H
13 July 2014 23:13:50

I'll tip my hat to the Brazilians for organising a great tournament. Great atmosphere unlike South Africa with those stupid vivivulvas or whatever the feck they were called.

Depressingly, the next two tournaments are likely to be utterly soulless affairs, typified by the nations in which they are being held.

Wales and Australia 😕
SydneyonTees
13 July 2014 23:54:17

Originally Posted by: SydneyonTees 

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

What this entire tournament has shown is that whoever Artzeman backs, inevitably loses. The man is a total and utter Jonah. I'm hoping he's backing the Argies for the final. I can't see anything other than a Germany win.

Both the Argies and the Krauts are strong in defense. It won't be as dirty as the 1990 final but it could be as sterile. Germany will win it and probably win it with the usual Tuetonic efficiency 1-0, or it will be 0-0 after 120 mins and Germany will win the penna shoot out.

Or Germany could turn it on again and smash the goals, but Argentina are just a little bit better organised at the back than Brazil. I think my work 5 a side team is better organised at the back than Brazil!

Either way the end result should be a German win. (unless the Germany that played Ghana or Algeria turns up).

And so my prediction of a 1-0 Germany victory came to pass, perhaps not in the circumstances I expected as I expected better defense and less opportunities from both side.

However no shot on target from the Argies, first time in a final since Argentina in 1990.

You have to respect the way Germany deal with tournaments. First world cup since 1990 but they always give a good show of themselves and are at the business end of a competition.

Why can't England replicate what Germany do / have been doing for so many years. Is what they dod in the background and in the bundeslega so different to the prem?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/germany/10962088/World-Cup-2014-Why-selfish-England-must-learn-from-selfless-Germany.html

SydneyonTees
13 July 2014 23:55:22

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

Wales and Australia Confused

ha ha