llamedos
  • llamedos
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
25 September 2010 19:33:51

An Indian summer gave the opportunity of posting a few late images, but it's fair to say "Summer is over" and that thread has now been moved to the Classic's forum so we can still look back at the warmer days as we move into Autumn proper.......thanks for all your contributions

So Autumn it is then, and as ever, we look forward to your captures of one of the most interesting seasons   

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
idj20
25 September 2010 19:38:42

And allow me to start this thread off with a photo I've taken a few days ago while on my way to work. After all, it is the time of the year that is associated with cool and misty mornings.

Folkestone Harbour. 
lanky
30 September 2010 09:13:08

Now I've digitised all my old 35mm slides dating back over 40 years I can start inflicting them on everyone else. This is New England in the fall (New Hampshire) from 1987 and 2000 when I visited on holiday

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
llamedos
  • llamedos
01 October 2010 19:42:54

Great typical Autumn pictures there .........Reckon that must be a good salmon flow in #2, can just see the fish hanging around that rock on the L/H side

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
02 October 2010 11:47:16
Funny I was thinking the same about the salmon. Some great bass around now on the coast near me. If I can get permission I'm off to the coast this afternoon before the next deluge.
Nick.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
llamedos
  • llamedos
02 October 2010 23:08:54

NMA wrote:

Funny I was thinking the same about the salmon. Some great bass around now on the coast near me. If I can get permission I'm off to the coast this afternoon before the next deluge.
Nick.

Certainly should be........ September/October are great months for good fish!.......hope your were successful  

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Gooner
03 October 2010 10:55:58

Great pics, the changing colours of the trees are always nice to look at

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

idj20
03 October 2010 19:09:35

Folkestone Harbour. 
llamedos
  • llamedos
03 October 2010 20:42:01

Oh I do like that Ian

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
03 October 2010 21:41:42

4wd/2010

idj20
08 October 2010 16:56:02

Love that mystical look about that photo, Four!

Below is one of the many reasons why Autumn is my favourite time of the year.

Folkestone Harbour. 
idj20
09 October 2010 16:17:27

Came across this while on a bike ride during a hazy but bright Saturday afternoon (Oct 9th).

Folkestone Harbour. 
llamedos
  • llamedos
09 October 2010 19:50:28

You either have the eye or you don't..........

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
idj20
10 October 2010 09:57:25

Had to show this one. It does show how it is being a truly gorgeous sunny morning here at Folkestone (10th Oct).

Now you see why Autumn is my favourite time of the year.

Folkestone Harbour. 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
10 October 2010 12:06:59

Gravestones one is lovely,  literally a "photo graph" - light drawing.
That's what it's all about, in some ways the objects in the frame are of secondary importance - so you can do magic almost anywhere when things come together right.

Paul W
10 October 2010 15:44:45
Some fine images there people. I really must make some effort. Lost my photo mojo again and I really can't be bothered with it lately.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
www.facebook.com/paul.willows
www.visible-light.co.uk
rayjp
10 October 2010 17:19:13

I do so much love to see seasonal photos in one thread.
From different parts of  the country.

John p
10 October 2010 17:28:48

Some really great shots in this thread so far (particularly like Ian's spiderweb).

Here's a few from me, all taken this weekend at Wisley, Surrey.

Autumn leaves

Toadstool

Lazy autumn afternoon....

Camberley, Surrey
idj20
10 October 2010 20:20:17

Good strong colours in that one, John! Especially the mushroom one.

I'm sure that photography mojo will find it's way back to you, Paul W. I go through dips and peaks myself, it's only due to my workload now dropping off (the joys of being a seasonal tomato grower) and general lighting associated with Autumn is pepping up my interest photography-wise once again.

Incredibly, the photography mood continued into the afternoon as I stumbled across a kite flying session at the local park while on my bike ride. Out of the many photos I've taken with my trusty Fuji S5600, I particularly like this one . . .

Folkestone Harbour. 
idj20
10 October 2010 20:22:39

Actually, talking about photography genius, what's been happening with Jamie R lately? Doesn't he post in here any more, as after all, it was his photography that inspired me to take it up for myself.

Folkestone Harbour.