A3K
  • A3K
  • Advanced Member
29 April 2013 09:58:57

Thanks, llamedos  Interesting name by the way!

Andrew.
Born in the USA.
UserPostedImage

Italia
27 July 2013 10:47:02
Hello everyone :)

I'm Marco and I'm Italian!!

I've been living in London since April!
Marigold
28 July 2013 06:59:19

Originally Posted by: Italia 

Hello everyone 🙂 I'm Marco and I'm Italian!! I've been living in London since April!

Hello Marco - welcome to TWO and to the UK

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Diamond Joe Quimby
13 October 2013 19:51:14
Am I first of the winter returners?????? lol
Im not mad..........my mother had me tested
Marigold
13 October 2013 21:12:53

Originally Posted by: Diamond Joe Quimby 

I think you might be! Welcome back Joe

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Diamond Joe Quimby
14 October 2013 09:14:49

Originally Posted by: Marigold 

Originally Posted by: Diamond Joe Quimby 

I think you might be! Welcome back Joe

Tis good to be back, given the amount of snow i had last year even i got sick of it, hoping for same again this year 

Im not mad..........my mother had me tested
coast
05 February 2014 12:36:27
'Noon all. New to TWO but not the weather, hopefully a few 'familiar faces' in here too, just wanted to say hi!

So who nicked our Winter?........... 🙄
ARTzeman
05 February 2014 12:46:15

Hi Coast.  Welcome and do enjoy...

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
coast
05 February 2014 12:54:33
Originally Posted by: ARTzeman 

Hi Coast. Welcome and do enjoy...

Cheers ART, I'm sure once I get used to the different knobs and bells, I'll get used to the format. Looking forward to contributing convective and storm related stuff -we seem to have enough of the latter recently.
Roger Parsons
26 October 2014 16:20:32
Hello folks - some months since I have been on the forum. Sorry to seem antisocial. A lot on with the Bees etc. It has been an excellent honey year, one of our best in 40 years here.
RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
26 October 2014 16:39:12

Originally Posted by: Roger Parsons 

Hello folks - some months since I have been on the forum. Sorry to seem antisocial. A lot on with the Bees etc. It has been an excellent honey year, one of  our best in 40 years here.

Hi Roger. Karen and I have eaten stacks of Manuka honey in the last few months. It's expensive, but we've been having it in hot drinks with lemon or on toast. Apparently it's rammed with high nutritional and vitamin properties and virtually medicinal? Either way it tastes good. 

Roger Parsons
26 October 2014 16:58:17
Hi Matty - good to see you are about. I have quite a few customers who have a medicinal purpose for buying local honey - linked to hay fever or other seasonal complaints. We batch our honey so we know when it was extracted and roughly what flowers may have been incorporated into it. The story goes that if you eat honey from the previous year at the date you were previously affected, you might give your immune system a useful tweak with the offending pollen it contains. Some folks swear by it. The flaw in this thinking is that hay fever is more often than not triggered by wind-pollinated plants like grasses which are not much interest to bees. But it is worth a try, as you may possibly be being affected by other pollen species allergens. I can't comment on manuka honey other than to say that I am told its composition is not that different to our own British honeys - but see how you get on and judge from that. I will be interested to have your take on it.
RogerP
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
26 October 2014 17:06:26

Thanks Roger. Manuka seems to be kind of a raw honey. It has little bits of honeycomb in it. Rather thick in consistency. Really enjoy any honey though. On toast it is amazing. 

Roger Parsons
26 October 2014 17:18:10
Honey prices vary a lot. London prices are astronomical. Lincolnshire honey sells locally for about £3.50 per lb, but you could easily pay two or three times that in some counties. The other thing to look out for is beekeepers who jar their honey in smaller than usual jars - they are not on the fiddle, the weight will be clearly given - but you can easily assume you are getting a bargain when you are not. What you need is a tame local beekeeper - I bet there are several in your area. I think I shall go and put on the toaster......
RogerP
02 December 2014 15:22:42

Hi all I was a member on here many moons ago but forgot all my login details. So have registered here using my Netweather username which some of you may recognise. Anyway as that forum seems to be sliding in the wrong direction for all the wrong reasons thought I would see if this forum is a tad more mature and light hearted??

Essan
02 December 2014 15:55:30

Originally Posted by: Cheeky_Monkey 

Hi all I was a member on here many moons ago but forgot all my login details. So have registered here using my Netweather username which some of you may recognise. Anyway as that forum seems to be sliding in the wrong direction for all the wrong reasons thought I would see if this forum is a tad more mature and light hearted??

Yes and no.  We all have to be in bed by 8pm, there will be no laughing on Sundays and use of the word snow is banned unless you have made over 10,000 posts.   Apart from that, it's okay

Andy
Evesham, Worcs, Albion - 35m asl
Weather & Earth Science News 

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job - DNA
Marigold
02 December 2014 16:17:06

Welcome back Cheeky Monkey 

Southern Yorkshire Dales

ARTzeman
02 December 2014 16:51:57

WELCOME BACK TO THE FOLD. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
16 January 2015 10:22:33
Hi everyone im a newbie so apologies if I ask silly questions just trying to get the hang of all the models etc really interesting ... I was a lurker on Net weather but I found it so confusing the different opinions on one model some say mild others go for cold ... Never posted on there as I didn't want my head biting 😁 anyway hi 🙋 x
Jessica x
17 January 2015 20:06:23
Thankyou Martyn xxx