Saint Snow
16 May 2012 16:06:21

Posted this on the Prem thread:

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Dalglish gone

I never thought he was the right man for the job in the first place, and thought Liverpool this season have been p***-poor. But now he's gone, I feel gutted.

He is such a Liverpool legend, and I hope he fell on his sword, rather than was given an ultimatum.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
16 May 2012 16:15:20

"Numb. How dare they? No manager, no DOF, no CEO, no doctor, no Head of Press, no stadium, no plan, no clue. Fu$k off."

britbob
16 May 2012 16:21:58

Club and owners statement has been released. Looks like FSG decided his fate.

CAPE-steve
16 May 2012 16:23:03
Wow, well count me genuinely surprised! I've laughed at Liverpool's dreadful season, but I didn't expect the owners to force him out.
CAPE-steve
16 May 2012 16:46:47

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Dalglish gone

I never thought he was the right man for the job in the first place, and thought Liverpool this season have been p***-poor. But now he's gone, I feel gutted.

He is such a Liverpool legend, and I hope he fell on his sword, rather than was given an ultimatum.

Nope, sacked. Booted out  Harsh given his status within the club.

Hilarious for outsiders though 

Snow Hoper
16 May 2012 19:41:27

I wonder if Fabio Capello will take charge of Liverpool

I hope he does, if only to stop him ending up at Chelsea

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
SEMerc
16 May 2012 21:38:09

It may be Martinez, which could explain why FSG pulled the plug on 'King Kenny' now.

They may have bounced into their decision by the sacking of McCleish at Villa and Randy Lerner apparently sniffing arouund Martinez.

atom
17 May 2012 08:11:27

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

It may be Martinez, which could explain why FSG pulled the plug on 'King Kenny' now.

They may have bounced into their decision by the sacking of McCleish at Villa and Randy Lerner apparently sniffing arouund Martinez.

yes i wouldn't be surprised

haghir22
17 May 2012 12:44:12

Did something happen in my absence?

Do I see Britbob calling for the return of Benitez? Mmmm, I'm positve that I remember him being a rafa out merchant back in the day....? I'll see if I have any bandwagons in the garden I can roll your way to jump on BB.

YNWA
SEMerc
17 May 2012 12:50:02

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

Do I see Britbob calling for the return of Benitez? Mmmm, I'm positve that I remember him being a rafa out merchant back in the day....? I'll see if I have any bandwagons in the garden I can roll your way to jump on BB.

Apparently (although I can't verify) there was a Liverpool fan outside Anfield yesterday saying that with Dogleash gone the club 'can't go back'

When asked who the new manager should be he said 'Rafa'

haghir22
17 May 2012 12:51:00

For me, in a dreamworld it would be Guardiola or Mourinho. However neither of those are realistic, so from the bookies list of names I'd love to see Klopp given a go.

It's fair to say however that Rafa does have unfinished business and would he better with different owners and a budget? Still, I cant see JWHenry going backwards again, he's already employed and sacked one Liverpool legend, to do so again....

YNWA
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
17 May 2012 13:01:36
Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Apparently (although I can't verify) there was a Liverpool fan outside Anfield yesterday saying that with Dogleash gone the club 'can't go back'

When asked who the new manager should be he said 'Rafa'

Liverpool fan in thick a **** shocker
atom
17 May 2012 13:29:36

For me, in a dreamworld it would be Guardiola or Mourinho. However neither of those are realistic, so from the bookies list of names I'd love to see Klopp given a go.

It's fair to say however that Rafa does have unfinished business and would he better with different owners and a budget? Still, I cant see JWHenry going backwards again, he's already employed and sacked one Liverpool legend, to do so again....

I hope i'm not being disrespectful here, but why on earth would klopp want to join liverpool? i mean if guardiola and mourinho are unrealistic (which they are), why doesn't klopp fit into that bracket - he's not going to getm more titles at liverpool, and might not even get chams league football?!!

liverpool fans might not think martinez/rodgers and lambert are big enough, but for me they are realistic targets. perhaps rafa if the owners want to go back to a safe pair of hands

David M Porter
17 May 2012 15:56:18

Going to lock this thread now as the PL season has now ended- will move across to the classic forum shortly. Please use the new thread for season 2012/13 for further discussion.

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022