Might as well.
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
29 May 2011 16:28:57
Last season's thread is now in the Classics Forum 😄
future_is_orange
31 May 2011 12:53:47

Paul Scholes has officially retired. A magnificent player and a quiet man of the game !! Paul will now move into a coaching role at Man U. A truly great premiership midfielder.

Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 12:59:54
A dangerous thug of a footballer who thought he was too special to play for his country... Discuss 👅
SEMerc
31 May 2011 13:50:47

So there you have it - two completely different interpretations of the same ginger haired git.

31 May 2011 14:30:05

Time to guess which easy game (at least on paper) that Man Utd will get on the last day of the 2011-12 season.

Here's the sequence in the past few years. An awfully odd coincidence, don't you think?

04-05 Southampton (a)
05-06 Charlton (h)
06-07 West Ham (h)
07-08 Wigan (a)
08-09 Hull (a)
09-10 Stoke (a)
10-11 Blackpool (h)

No disrespect to the above teams, but if the title was at stake on the last day can you honestly see Man Utd dropping points from those games.

Mark it on your calendar, Man Utd v Swansea, Sunday 13th May 2012 4pm.

llamedos
31 May 2011 20:07:09

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

A dangerous thug of a footballer who thought he was too special to play for his country... Discuss 👅

A robust midfielder with a tendancy to mis-time his tackles, but gifted with the touch and vision to deliver the telling ball that most aspire to, but will never be able to achieve.......discuss that as well

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
SEMerc
31 May 2011 20:31:18

I reckon QPR will do reasonably well, Norwich and Swansea less so. From what I've seen (which isn't that much) Swansea remind me of Blackpool - good going forward; but how good are they at the back?

Now I know defensively the stats don't lie. However, I think they'll get found out next season and for that reason it's far more likely they'll get relegated than the other two.

Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 20:31:33
QPR relegated. Their infrastructure, ground etc is third rate. Norwich mid table. Swansea survive, just.
llamedos
31 May 2011 21:08:10

Originally Posted by: llamedos 

A robust midfielder with a tendancy to mis-time his tackles, but gifted with the touch and vision to deliver the telling ball that most aspire to, but will never be able to achieve.......discuss that as well

A bit uncomfortable discussing this any further?  

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:09:10

Didn't see it. Doesn't change my opinion that he's a dirty fouling tosser and the game is better off without him 

Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:11:17

To be fair to him, I can't judge too much. My viewing time of Man Utd is probably similar to yours. Not much

llamedos
31 May 2011 21:14:20

Didn't see it. Doesn't change my opinion that he's a dirty fouling tosser and the game is better off without him 

Somewhat at odds with the opinions of most of his contemporaries. But what do they know they've only ever played with or against him

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:15:18

Somewhat at odds with the opinions of most of his contemporaries. But what do they know they've only ever played with or against him

Makes my last post even more valid than it already was

llamedos
31 May 2011 21:16:17

To be fair to him, I can't judge too much. My viewing time of Man Utd is probably similar to yours. Not much

Au contraire!

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
llamedos
31 May 2011 21:17:29

Lost me totally there

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:17:29

Au contraire!

Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:18:05

Lost me totally there

Regular down Old Trafford are we?

llamedos
31 May 2011 21:23:19

Lost me totally there

Living in London and working the hours I do, not as much as I would like to. My wife's cousin has a hospitality box there, so I do make the odd visit  

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Matty H
  • Matty H
31 May 2011 21:24:15

Lost me totally there

Living in London and working the hours I do, not as much as I would like to. My wife's cousin has a hospitality box there, so I do make the odd visit  

Bloody toffs