wallaw
23 May 2011 11:06:46

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I wanted Wigan to go down - local rivalry originating from the rugby but covering the entire town and its [inbred, knuckle-dragging] people

And Blackburn, for having the most stupid, pigheaded owners. Sacking Allardyce when he's got them in the top half of the table smacked of them making a "we're in charge here" statement.

I agree Saint, Wigan is a poor club and it's fans are the worst we have seen here at the Stadium of Light, but I can't help but like Martinez.

I would have liked Blackburn to go to and for the same reasons, I would also add that Steve Kean is a rather annoying individual.

My money is on him to be first sacked next year

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

David M Porter
23 May 2011 11:57:16

I wanted Wigan to go down - local rivalry originating from the rugby but covering the entire town and its [inbred, knuckle-dragging] people

And Blackburn, for having the most stupid, pigheaded owners. Sacking Allardyce when he's got them in the top half of the table smacked of them making a "we're in charge here" statement.

If Blackburn had gone down yesterday, it wouldn't have been the first time they'd have been relegated after sacking their manager earlier in the same season. IIRC, when they went down in 1998/99 they did so after giving Roy Hodgson his jotters in the first half of that season after a poor start. The thing is, Hodgson had taken them into Europe the previous season.

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
23 May 2011 17:49:31
Apparently an mp has named Ryan Giggs as the Twitter footballer embroiled in the super injunction controversy 😱 I had no idea!...
Super Cell
23 May 2011 18:23:34

Originally Posted by: Brummie Snowman 

Birmingham City relegated, I suspect there will be quite a lot of depressed people round here tomorrow.

Well that's Birmingham for you...

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
meme
23 May 2011 18:57:53

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

Apparently an mp has named Ryan Giggs as the Twitter footballer embroiled in the super injunction controversy 😱 I had no idea!...

What a wonderful Sports Personality role model

David M Porter
23 May 2011 21:20:54

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

Got to say that I'm really surprised. If it had been Cashley Cole or someone of his ilk, I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised, but not Giggs.

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
SEMerc
23 May 2011 21:30:26

I know. I was shocked. First time I'd ever heard it was Ryan Giggs.

Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
23 May 2011 21:34:03

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

I know. I was shocked. First time I'd ever heard it was Ryan Giggs.

I was hoping David had picked up the sarcasm baton and ran with it, but I'm not so sure...

Super Cell
24 May 2011 12:35:01

There is also a rumour doing the rounds that another footballer has a similar injunction out.

After yesterday's events I'm sure it'll be keenly fought if there is. 

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
wallaw
24 May 2011 12:51:59

Originally Posted by: Super Cell 

There is also a rumour doing the rounds that another footballer has a similar injunction out.

Is this the toon legend one??

Anyway, I was gutted it was Ryan Giggs, I wanted my kids to grow up to be just like him, now I'm not sure

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

future_is_orange
24 May 2011 12:54:38

Originally Posted by: wallaw 

Anyway, I was gutted it was Ryan Giggs, I wanted my kids to grow up to be just like him, now I'm not sure

Heard a few whispers mentioning the toon legend and there has been plenty regarding a certain player at Liverpool over the last year.

David M Porter
24 May 2011 14:25:15

Up until a year or so ago, many people reckoned that Tiger Woods was a perfect role model for youngsters, and yet look at what we later learned about some aspects of his private life.

Lenzie, Glasgow

Saint Snow
24 May 2011 16:11:46

Originally Posted by: future_is_orange 

Heard a few whispers mentioning the toon legend and there has been plenty regarding a certain player at Liverpool over the last year.

I think it's safe to say that Shearer was not porking Gabby Logan, given that Gabby Logan has publicly labelled the rumour a pile of bobbins - something she wouldn't have been allowed to do if under the icy grip of a superinjunction.

When there's such secrecy about, it's inevitable that entirely innocent people will have scurrilous rumours started about them - causing wrongful distress and the need to publicly refute them.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
llamedos
24 May 2011 17:38:22

I'm bidding for one on ebay right now...........these superinjunctions are just "must have" right now

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
SEMerc
24 May 2011 19:16:09

Originally Posted by: future_is_orange 

I think it's safe to say that Shearer was not porking Gabby Logan, given that Gabby Logan has publicly labelled the rumour a pile of bobbins - something she wouldn't have been allowed to do if under the icy grip of a superinjunction.

When there's such secrecy about, it's inevitable that entirely innocent people will have scurrilous rumours started about them - causing wrongful distress and the need to publicly refute them.

I bet he wish he had though.