Gord
03 November 2010 20:00:52

I've just come back...and rather stupidly posted a new thread about it in the Forum Arms before seeing this.

5 minutes from my return and I'm already getting my coat and leaving again....is that a new record?

Marigold
03 November 2010 21:57:31

Yes, I think that's a record

Hello  Welcome back

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
03 November 2010 23:36:48

I've locked his account

Welcome back Gord

Karl
18 November 2010 15:09:40

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself here - Im Karl and I hope you are all good and looking forward to the coming winter. I have a big interest in the weather... especially at winter time, and the summer, but thats for the storms we never seem to get!

Ive been following you all on here for about a year now but according to my account I joined in 2008. I didnt realise. But anyway, learnt a great deal last winter from looking at the models and reading all your comments - It was very interesting and I hope to learn much more this winter!!

Not sure what else I'm supposed to write so that will do! I will see you in the weather forum!!

llamedos
18 November 2010 15:22:53

I've seen your opening post in the Weather Forum, hope you enjoy your winter here..... welcome to TWO Karl   

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Marigold
18 November 2010 15:30:32

Hello again Karl - thanks for the PM's, glad the links were useful

Southern Yorkshire Dales

shazza
24 November 2010 06:22:51

hi i'm back.....not been on here for ages but pendin cold weather with snow i'm loggin back on cos i have a week off work ....no kissy smiley then?

Marigold
24 November 2010 17:10:49

shazza wrote:

hi i'm back.....not been on here for ages but pendin cold weather with snow i'm loggin back on cos i have a week off work ....no kissy smiley then?

Hello again shazza  Good timing with your week off work (hopefully)

Southern Yorkshire Dales

metpro
12 December 2010 17:36:04

Hello all.

Been an avid reader of the forum for some time and decided to register today. I am in "the job" so to speak, have been for over 20 years now.

Hope to be able to contribute something useful from time to time but suspect I will largely maintain my watching brief.

Marigold
12 December 2010 17:43:14

Hello metpro - welcome to TWO  Look forward to reading your contributions, especially in the exciting days ahead

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Matty H
  • Matty H
12 December 2010 19:53:37

Originally Posted by: metpro 

Hello all.

Been an avid reader of the forum for some time and decided to register today. I am in "the job" so to speak, have been for over 20 years now.

Hope to be able to contribute something useful from time to time but suspect I will largely maintain my watching brief.

Welcome

18 May 2011 15:09:09

Hi Folks,

I've just joined these forums after TWOCommunity started following me on twitter, which lead me here.  I operate WeatherEvents.net (a rather unique mobile weather lab based on a modified Toyota Rav4 4x4), among other weather related activities.  I also run an AWS/Website from my house in Fife, Scotland.

I've been interested in weather since I was a young lad growing up in the tropics of Australia, but my interest got a lot more serious after moving to the UK in 2004.  Needless to say, the weather setup is a lot more interesting/varied in the UK, compared to Australia!:)

Anyway,  just thought I'd say hello after joining and introduce myself a little.  Looking forward to participating.

Cheers,

Graham

Marigold
18 May 2011 15:53:51

Hi Graham - welcome to TWO

I'm fascinated by your mobile weather station, is it unique in the UK?

Glad you find the weather in this country interesting, there can be long gaps between the exciting bits!

Enjoy yourself on here, make yourself at home

Southern Yorkshire Dales

18 May 2011 19:35:48
Hi Marigold,

Many thanks indeed for the very warm welcome!

In answer to your question, to the best of my knowledge, the WeatherEvents.net mobile weather lab is the only purpose-built/dedicated MWL currently operational in the UK. Happy to be corrected on that point mind you. 🙂 I know there are similar units operating in the US however.

You're right about the long gaps between the exciting bits in UK weather. 🙂 Fortunately I usually find something of interest either on the go, or on the models (even if it sometimes doesn't eventuate). :)

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and great to be on-board here!
18 May 2011 20:18:57

Welcome Graham

Just been taking a look at your website. Really interesting and what a great idea for a weather service. Looking forward to reading your posts on the forums here.

19 May 2011 08:53:44
Many thanks indeed for the warm welcome and kind comments Global Warming! Much appreciated!
Cirrostratus
19 May 2011 15:04:01

Hello everyone! My name is Cirrostrtus. I hope to stay here for as long as I can!

Marigold
19 May 2011 15:11:11

Hi Cirrostratus, welcome to TWO  Hope you enjoy your time in the forums

Southern Yorkshire Dales

Cirrostratus
19 May 2011 15:20:46

Originally Posted by: Marigold 

Hi Cirrostratus, welcome to TWO  Hope you enjoy your time in the forums

Thank you!

Matty H
  • Matty H