Sunny and clear 

Wind SW moderate breeze

Temp 8.4C

Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
01 October 2022 08:30:18

White Rabbits!!

Today is the first day of another brand new month. Later on this month, I will be celebrating yet another birthday and then, we will return to GMT as the clocks go back.

Meanwhile, today (and indeed, this month) has started off on a bright and breezy note with just the odd shower around, and with overnight showers having added just a small fraction of 1 mm onto the overall total since 10am BST (09:00 UTC) yesterday morning which as at 9am BST (08:00 UTC) this morning was 15.6 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 10.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Last night was also quite windy which once again, resulted in the temperatures generally refusing to drop and so, last night's overnight minimum temperature was 8.2°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 8.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9am BST (08:00 UTC) this morning was around 11°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
01 October 2022 10:40:57

Cloudy WSW breeze 9mph. 

Humidity 67% Rh.

Temperature 15.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
01 October 2022 11:06:34

Bright with good sunny spells and partial cloud. A very pleasant 18.7 C & low 70% H, even the mod W breeze is doing little to detract from all that. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
doctormog
01 October 2022 11:15:58
13.9°C and sunny currently which feels very pleasant in the garden
idj20
01 October 2022 12:58:22

Just touched 20.1 C 10 minutes ago while still bright with good sunny spells and broken cloud, summer has returned for a brief period of time.

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
01 October 2022 13:42:15

Here in Edinburgh, there isn't so much in the way of brightness here now as what there was earlier on, and the showers have now become a bit more frequent and heavier but so far, they have amounted to a total of just 0.4 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank since 10am BST (09:00 UTC) this morning along with nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh as at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon.

However, those are just the latest rainfall totals from SEPA. According to the raw SYNOP data though, a total of 1.4 mm of rain has been recorded over that same time period at Edinburgh Gogarbank with nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh so at Edinburgh Gogarbank at least, it is looking as though we probably already have had our first official rain day of this month.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon was around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
01 October 2022 14:35:47
It's felt rather warm today especially in the sunshine.

Temperatures around the 20C mark and dew points around 14C.
ARTzeman
01 October 2022 14:43:31

Broken cloud and sunny .17.3c.

Humidity 75% Rh. 1011 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
richardabdn
01 October 2022 17:13:13

Today was a prime example of what I was saying the other day about cold synoptics now being utterly useless in delivering actual cold.

Min of 5.8C under a south west flow which was midway between the minima of 5.4C and 6.1C under the rank northerly flow earlier in the week

The differences was with the maximum temperature which was around 5C warmer at a pleasant 15.8C and it was also a rare dry day.  Most welcome after a dire day yesterday. The only good thing I can say about this year is a reversal of the weekend curse and about time.

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
johncs2016
01 October 2022 18:35:28

The earlier showers have now cleared through after resulting in a total of 4.4 mm of rain at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 3.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

That led to a fairly bright and sunny end to the day and in the end, a total of 5.1 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

However, there are still a few showers dotted around and it wouldn't surprise me as a result, if there were any more additions during the night to those above mentioned rainfall totals.

Today was slightly warmer than yesterday in the end, and today's maximum temperature was 15.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 16.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7pm BST (18:00 UTC) was around 11°C here in Edinburgh.