lanky
  • lanky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
30 June 2022 21:10:25

Rather a Marmite topic I find

I quite like the City skyline with its mixture of architecture from many centuries ago combined with the high-rise office and apartment blocks which have mushroomed in the last 10 years. Others cannot stand the intrusion of the new

I have been attending tours to mark London Festival of Architecture which has just finished and today I was ay Mansion House. I had my camera but photos were not allowed so instead I took this panorama on the way back at Bank Tube Station

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Bugglesgate
05 July 2022 06:55:16

Originally Posted by: lanky 

Rather a Marmite topic I find

I quite like the City skyline with its mixture of architecture from many centuries ago combined with the high-rise office and apartment blocks which have mushroomed in the last 10 years. Others cannot stand the intrusion of the new

I have been attending tours to mark London Festival of Architecture which has just finished and today I was ay Mansion House. I had my camera but photos were not allowed so instead I took this panorama on the way back at Bank Tube Station

I really enjoyed having a virtual look around The Financial district - thanks.

Chris (It,its)
Between Newbury and Basingstoke
"When they are giving you their all, some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy banging your heart against some mad buggers wall"
Roger Parsons
05 July 2022 09:47:22

Some great Lincolnshire RAF "skyline" photos:
Lincolnshire aviation documented in stunning photographs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-62037824

Enjoy. These were regular sights for me over the past 30+ years.
Roger

RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Zubzero
15 July 2022 23:39:28
Wow that's great 👍 Classic London with red bus and black cab, just missing an old school telephone ☎️ box