johncs2016
04 July 2022 07:01:56

Happy Independence Day to all Americans out there.

Here in Edinburgh, today has started off on a dull and overcast note yet again, and I've now forgotten the last time that we actually had a decent, sunny start to any day which seems to be asking too much at the moment.

According to my data, there appears to have been a recent shower, but the amount which was recorded from that is so minute that it isn't even worth reporting and the ground doesn't even look the least bit damp or wet here from that.

Last night's overnight temperature was 10.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am BST (06:00 UTC) this morning was around 11°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
04 July 2022 11:35:05

Mainly Cloudy. 17c. Westerly breeze 13 mph. 

1022 hPa. Dry.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Crepuscular Ray
04 July 2022 12:43:23
Cloudy, cool with drizzle in the air, 14 C at 1pm! Brrr.....
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
04 July 2022 13:31:41

Here in Edinburgh, the Sun has come out a bit more and a total of 2.2 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

However, it has also become very windy with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank reaching 35.7 mph from the west as at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon was around 16°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Gusty
04 July 2022 13:57:47

Perfect summer day. 22.2c light westerly breeze, 62%RH, sunny spells and some patchy fair weather cumulus. UV 7.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

idj20
04 July 2022 16:22:53

As our Steve says, a very decent day with good sunny spells and only scattered "fairweather" type cloud. 

Managed a peak of 21.9 C at 12.50 pm but since then the obligatory onshore sea breeze knocked it down to 20.3 C & 71% H currently.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Crepuscular Ray
04 July 2022 16:40:11
We managed 15 C today in the cloud.....Fleeces on 😨
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
04 July 2022 18:33:38

Believe it or not, today has actually been our sunniest day of this month so far, even though a total of only 5.1 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7pm BST (18:00 UTC) this evening which just goes to show how dull this month has been so far in these parts.

I know that we're not all that far into the month but even with that, that number for our highest sunshine total of the month so far is still very poor given the time of year which we're in and yet given that there is now a lot more cloud around once again, it doesn't look as though we'll get much more in the way of recorded sunshine during this evening.

The wind appears to have died down a bit now, but today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was only 17.8°C which once again, isn't even the least bit warm for this time of the year.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7pm BST (18:00 UTC) this evening was around 14°C here in Edinburgh.

Skreever
04 July 2022 18:59:45
Heavy rain showers, occasional dry intervals.
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney