27 June 2022 08:54:01

Light Rain 0.6mm. SW breeze 10mph.

84% RH. 1013 hPa. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
27 June 2022 10:12:30

Today started off on a bright and sunny note here in Edinburgh, but it then very quickly clouded over and it is now raining here as I write though hopefully, that might actually finally bring a much needed decent rainfall total for our gardens at long last, and reduce the risks of any more grass fires such as what we witness yesterday on Calton Hill.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 11.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 10am BST (09:00 UTC) this morning was around 15°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
27 June 2022 12:24:09
Some big showers south side of the moors, highest total I have seen is 6mm in Farndale and Helmsley.
Only one shower (just) reached here with 0.2mm - so far. 14.6C currently.
johncs2016
27 June 2022 12:43:18

Here in Edinburgh, it has brightened up slightly for now, although there are still a few showers dotted about.

The data from SEPA for this morning's showers hasn't yet come through for the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, although this data shows that these showers produced a total of just 1.4 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

According to the raw SYNOP data though, a total of 2.0 mm of rain was produced by those same showers at Edinburgh Gogarbank, along with 1.2 mm of rain at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Those two sets of data can be different even from the same station within the same time period because they are produced by different rain gauges which means that the SEPA data for a particular time period at a particular station is technically, not actually the same data as the raw SYNOP data for that same time period at that same station, although there should still be very little difference between them.

Meanwhile, the temperatures are generally refusing to rise today which means that the temperature at 1pm BST (12:00 UTC) was only around 15°C here in Edinburgh which isn't even all that warm for this time of the year.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
27 June 2022 12:43:50

Plenty of sunshine with the bubbly cumulus all bypassing to my north west. A fresh SW breeze making the current 19.0 C & 71% H feel fresh and airy, but perfect for airing house out with windows open. No rain so far today and my beloved lawn is now starting to look quite brown. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
idj20
27 June 2022 13:48:08

Just had a fleeting shower which caused temps to drop down to 17.1 C but the sun has come back out again. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
richardabdn
27 June 2022 19:07:17

Another dry and sunny day. Max of 18.2C.

Now surpassed March's sunshine total so a bullet dodged there in avoiding the embarassing situation of a ridiculously cold month ending up sunniest of the year for the second year running.

Just last week the models were showing a washout on a par with 2007-12 summers with endless cloud and rain. There hasn't been a drop the past three days.

One reason why I rarely look at them any more. Totally and utterly useless even at short range.

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
johncs2016
27 June 2022 21:52:26

Today ended up on a bright and sunny note here in Edinburgh after the earlier showers had died away but in the end, a total of only 3.7 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

There is still the chance that this month could end up being our sunniest month of this year so far but for that to happen, we will need a minimum total of 19.2 hours of sunshine to be recorded there during the last 3 days of this month and unless we end the month on a sunnier note than what we are seeing just now, that is unlikely to happen here.

Failing that, our sunniest month of this year will continue to be back in March 2022. However, we are at least on course for this month to be sunnier than average and a minimum total of just 8.0 hours of sunshine needs to be recorded there during the last 3 days of this month in order for that to happen.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 18.3°C.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 10pm BST tonight (21:00 UTC) was around 13°C here in Edinburgh.