Cloudy  17.0c. Humidity 82% Rh. 

Southerly winds 13mph. 

Pressure 1004 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
24 June 2022 08:41:53

Here in Edinburgh, there was some showers around during the night, especially around midnight.

However, these events are very rare these days and we just CANNOT get any decent rainfall totals out of them as is shown yet again by the fact that a total of just 1.4 mm of rainfall was recorded out of that at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with just 0.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Last night was also our warmest night of this year so far once again with a minimum overnight temperature of 14.2°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

This morning has started off on a fairly bright note with some good sunny intervals, but there is also a lot of cloud around and that cloud cover also appears to be gradually building up over time.

However, the temperature at 9am BST (08:00 UTC) this morning was already up at around 18°C here in Edinburgh which suggests that today could be another very warm one here.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
24 June 2022 10:31:09

Cloudy. Drizzle. Humidity 85% RH.

Pressure 1003 hPa. Temperature 18.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
doctormog
24 June 2022 15:57:37
20⁰C and sunny with light winds.
idj20
24 June 2022 17:08:07

Has been a fine and mostly sunny day where once again I sat on the garden chair this afternoon (but bare chested this time), it is only just now that high cloud is starting to fill in some of the sky. Currently 19.6 C (83% H) under a light SW breeze from a peak of 21.7 at 3.55 pm. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
24 June 2022 18:14:46

Today has been a warm and humid day here in Edinburgh with increasingly hazy sunshine at times, albeit with a lot of cloud around as well.

In the last hour or so though, it has got rather dark as the remnants of some earlier thunderstorms are now passing over here .

For a while, these were showing up with some bright echoes on the radar maps with even a few lightning flashes showing up in the Scottish Borders area.

We did get a brief shower of rain from that a short while ago but although that hasn't really come to much here so far, this did produce a few very large raindrops and it is raining here once again as I write.

Today's maximum temperature was around or just below 22°C which is warm, though not quite as warm as yesterday.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7pm BST (18:00 UTC) this evening was still up at around 21°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
24 June 2022 18:33:32
1.6mm from two brief heavy showers, now it is mainly sunny and windy so almost dried off.
They have been very localised though with some having twice that and most areas round about had none.
johncs2016
24 June 2022 19:48:01

Very heavy and torrential rain is now falling here in the north of Edinburgh which as at 8pm BST (19:00 UTC) this evening, had already resulted in 3 mm of rain being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

There are also a few very bright echoes showing up with that on the latest radar maps but sadly, nothing in the way of thunder or lightning.

Today's maximum temperature was 22.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

However, there has now been quite a sharp drop in the temperature to around 16°C here in Edinburgh as at 8pm BST (19:00 UTC) this evening.

White Meadows
24 June 2022 21:05:00
Rain band just passing over the south coast from west to east, in Sussex. Started as drizzle, then light to moderate rain for 20 minutes or so. Respite for 5 minutes now more ‘heavy drizzle’. I don’t imagine this impacting the ground saturation levels much.
Looking forward to sunny albeit breezy day tomorrow.
dagspot
25 June 2022 14:34:19

Blustery, broken clouds, temp 18.5dc Hard to know true orientation direction of the evolving heavy showers on radar

Neilston 600ft ASL