Frank H
18 June 2022 14:57:45

Originally Posted by: Bolty 

My time-lapse for yesterday. The morning began very warm, before the sea breeze kicks in just after midday, wrecking the afternoon. The front then arrived in the evening to finish it off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFjfnQ9J4c

Same trend here yesterday.

Max temp of 25.7c was recorded at 11.50am before dropping away.

At present only 13.8c which is 10c lower than same time yesterday

Wrightington, Wigan
Bolty
18 June 2022 15:06:57

Originally Posted by: Frank H 

Same trend here yesterday.

Max temp of 25.7c was recorded at 11.50am before dropping away.

At present only 13.8c which is 10c lower than same time yesterday

Yes, similar here today. It's been a complete non-event up here despite the media obsession this last week. But London got the heat, so that's all that matters!

Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
moomin75
18 June 2022 15:07:08
An absolutely rancid write off of a day here in Witney. Temperature hovering around 13.5c in the rain.
The frankly outrageous GFS from a couple of days ago showing temps of 11-12c were actually not far off.
Never believed it could happen - but today has been a shocking day for June, wet, cold, miserable and resulting in an abandoned cricket match.
Just thoroughly putrid.
Witney, Oxfordshire
100m ASL
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
18 June 2022 15:44:27

At this time yesterday it was 31.5c and now it’s 16.2c.  So the contrast in temperature was forecast correctly for here.  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
sunny coast
18 June 2022 16:06:01

Originally Posted by: fairweather 

Those predictions of a 24 hour drop of 15C from 35 to 20 are now out of the window. Here, in what was a hot spot of 32.5C yesterday it was 25C at 10.00 am but has now dropped back to 23.6C so much more of a steady cooling to Sunday than first forecast.

I'm in Gloucester this weekend and it was 29 this time yesterday today It's barely  made 13  hottest day of summer to coldest overnight .

roadrunnerajn
18 June 2022 16:18:49

Oh to live by the sea…. Yesterday 19.8c and sunny. Today 16.2c with distant rumbles of thunder.

Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
picturesareme
18 June 2022 16:49:27

Originally Posted by: moomin75 

An absolutely rancid write off of a day here in Witney. Temperature hovering around 13.5c in the rain.
The frankly outrageous GFS from a couple of days ago showing temps of 11-12c were actually not far off.
Never believed it could happen - but today has been a shocking day for June, wet, cold, miserable and resulting in an abandoned cricket match.
Just thoroughly putrid.

And yet down here it almost hit 29C today before cooling off somewhat after midday. By 4pm it was still 21C but the breeze was picking up. 

Retron
18 June 2022 17:01:15

Originally Posted by: roadrunnerajn 

Oh to live by the sea…. Yesterday 19.8c and sunny. Today 16.2c with distant rumbles of thunder.

I can see the sea from my back bedroom window (it's half a mile away). It didn't stop it getting to 31C yesterday and 23C today, though!

(Thankfully the heat has now gone, it's 16C and raining...)

Leysdown, north Kent
idj20
18 June 2022 17:27:58

Originally Posted by: Retron 

I can see the sea from my back bedroom window (it's half a mile away). It didn't stop it getting to 31C yesterday and 23C today, though!

(Thankfully the heat has now gone, it's 16C and raining...)

And yet not a million miles away from you, the sun is still shining weakly and is bone dry. Cooling off nicely now at 17.1 C, though, but will take a while for the trapped warmth indoors to leech out.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Retron
18 June 2022 17:45:46

Originally Posted by: idj20 

And yet not a million miles away from you, the sun is still shining weakly and is bone dry. Cooling off nicely now at 17.1 C, though, but will take a while for the trapped warmth indoors to leech out.

Yes, the bricks were well-warmed yesterday - even this morning, they still felt warm to the touch. A storage heater, in effect, just a big one!

(It's still 22C in here as I write this, despite windows being open all afternoon...)

Leysdown, north Kent
Rob K
18 June 2022 18:12:08

Originally Posted by: fairweather 

Those predictions of a 24 hour drop of 15C from 35 to 20 are now out of the window. Here, in what was a hot spot of 32.5C yesterday it was 25C at 10.00 am but has now dropped back to 23.6C so much more of a steady cooling to Sunday than first forecast.

Certainly a real drop here. From about 4pm it felt like autumn here. Howling wind, drizzle, thoroughly unpleasant. Had to go and rescue lots of stuff that was blowing round the garden.

AT 7pm yesterday Farnborough was reading 28.1C. At 7pm today it was 12.2C. That's a 15.9C drop in 24 hours.

The highest hourly temp today was 23.4C at 11am. By 3pm it had dropped 5C to 18.4C. Two hours later it was 15.7C!

Fortunately we just managed to get my son's birthday party (outdoor) in before the weather turned. Started at 1pm in warm muggy conditions, and around 2pm the chill started to set in but it was still dry. Finished at 3, and by 4pm it was horrid out.

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
18 June 2022 18:21:40

Originally Posted by: idj20 

Yes, despite a 15c drop in temperature, we’ve still had doors and windows open today to cool the house.  Yesterday it was cooler indoors, today it’s warmer indoors.   

Jiries
18 June 2022 18:30:07

Originally Posted by: Caz 

Yes, despite a 15c drop in temperature, we’ve still had doors and windows open today to cool the house.  Yesterday it was cooler indoors, today it’s warmer indoors.   

I kept mine firmly shut to keep warm indoors which is 23-25C so comfortable while outside is very cold but tomorrow going to be 20C with sunshine so that will keep indoors in low 20's to mid 20's by next week.  Don't want to put the heating on if you let the free warmth out too much.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
18 June 2022 18:39:57

Originally Posted by: Jiries 

I kept mine firmly shut to keep warm indoors which is 23-25C so comfortable while outside is very cold but tomorrow going to be 20C with sunshine so that will keep indoors in low 20's to mid 20's by next week.  Don't want to put the heating on if you let the free warmth out too much.

I won’t be having my heating on.  I don’t like to be too warm, especially at night, so my bedroom is never heated and I have the window open all winter.  Our thermostat is set to 19c downstairs. 

doctormog
18 June 2022 18:51:50

Originally Posted by: Caz 

I won’t be having my heating on.  I don’t like to be too warm, especially at night, so my bedroom is never heated and I have the window open all winter.  Our thermostat is set to 19c downstairs. 

Mine is set to 16°C until autumn. The thought of mid 20s overnight is horrible. I suspect the heating may kick in once or twice before the end of August.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
18 June 2022 19:05:55

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

Mine is set to 16°C until autumn. The thought of mid 20s overnight is horrible. I suspect the heating may kick in once or twice before the end of August.

sunny coast
18 June 2022 19:09:08

Originally Posted by: moomin75 

Just thoroughly putrid.

Indeed I have been in Gloucester  totally awful 12 degrees wet and gloomy  yet back home eastbourne sunshine and 26 degrees  incredible contrasts today .   Up here tho about as dire as June gets 

Tim A
18 June 2022 19:17:10

Roasting in parts of France today particularly the SW. Biarritz was 43c. Cap Ferret on an exposed pennisular near Bordeaux reached 42c which seems incredible to me, when I have been there it has always been cooler and heavily Atlantic influenced.

Heavy Thunderstorms in Bordeaux this evening and temps dropped 10c in half an hour. 

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Gusty
18 June 2022 22:07:08

An 11am high of 24.6c but at 13.9c now it all feels like a distant memory.

A strange evening with a strong NE'ly wind, upper cloud moving in from the SW, lightning to the NW and despite the very cool feel the 850Hpa's are still close to 15c !

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Zubzero
18 June 2022 23:21:20
It's 7.8C now can not remember such a drop in the space of a day or so.