• Advanced Member Topic Starter
17 June 2022 04:58:48

15.5c. Some cloud. Light S.E breeze.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Crepuscular Ray
17 June 2022 06:15:49
Already 17/18 C at the Lake District stations at 6.30am.
It's cloudy and very muggy with spots of rain though!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Tim A
17 June 2022 06:18:56
18.5c here with thin high cloud and brightness .

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

marco 79
17 June 2022 06:39:30
Hazy sunshine.. 18 3c.. light breeze
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
17 June 2022 06:45:31

15.5C sunny with clear skies and calm beautiful conditions.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Skreever
17 June 2022 07:04:00
Overcast, raining

Wind S light breeze

Temp 12C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
17 June 2022 08:20:41

A completely different start to today here in Edinburgh from what we have been used to lately.

Today has started off on a dull note, and there is even some rain around which we have been seeing very little of in recent months including this month up until now.

This rain wasn't forecast to amount to all that much though and so far, it hasn't. However, a lot more rain is showing up on the latest radar map to my NW than had been forecast and if could at least get a half decent total out of that (just enough to wet the ground and no more, or a total of only around 1 mm or less isn't going to be anywhere enough for that), this might just give us a very small glimmer of hope that we could yet, avoid those water shortages and/or hosepipe bans which I'm expecting to see here during this summer.

However, there has also been plenty of times when there has been a lot of rain just to my west or NW, only for that to mostly fizzle out by the time that it reaches here, and I wouldn't surprise me if that is what happened yet again (which is why our totals always end up being small if we get anything at all from that).

Last night was our warmest night of the year so far with the overnight minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank only getting down to 13.7°C.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9am BST (08:00 UTC) was around 15°C here in Edinburgh, but with the temperatures already refusing to rise much further than that.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
17 June 2022 08:32:43

Fine with hazy sunshine. It's already 22 C but the relatively low humidity (66%) and an onshore SW breeze are actually keeping things feel fresh for now. Have all windows open and the net curtains are flapping nicely.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Cumbrian Snowman
17 June 2022 09:19:22
Recorded my first plus 21c yesterday ( 21.5c)

Just about 21c again now, but of note I see my humidity reading is just 46% - unless my Davis VP2 has thrown a wobbler that looks looks very low, supposed to be a humid day ? Wind is blowing at 15knots so a good day to dry your washing I guess
ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
17 June 2022 09:56:18

25.6c. Thin Cloud. Light Breeze 4mph.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
17 June 2022 10:11:02

Originally Posted by: Cumbrian Snowman 

Recorded my first plus 21c yesterday ( 21.5c)

Just about 21c again now, but of note I see my humidity reading is just 46% - unless my Davis VP2 has thrown a wobbler that looks looks very low, supposed to be a humid day ? Wind is blowing at 15knots so a good day to dry your washing I guess

I see that you're not all that far away from where Jerry (formerly from the south of Edinburgh) is located these days and he has already had a couple of days with the temperature above 21°C which just goes to show how different the temperatures can be in two different locations within what is virtually, the same area.

Here in Edinburgh, the rain has got heavier during this morning and a total of 1.4 mm of very welcome and much needed rainfall was recorded in the 24 hour period up to 10am BST (09:00 UTC) this morning at Edinburgh Gogarbank (looks like resurrecting that old low rainfall totals thread might have done the trick for us in regards to actually delivering that much needed rainfall).

In addition to that, it is also windy here, and the temperature has now dropped to around 14°C here in Edinburgh which isn't even the least bit warm for this time of the year any more.

All in all, not a nice day here which is in complete contrast to the mini-heatwave conditions which were forecast for today down south.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Windy Willow
17 June 2022 12:57:35

Very bright with thin, high cloud 31.5c, gentle breeze.

119.4 m /391.7 feet asl
Sunny Dartford, NW Kent

Don't feed the Trolls!! When starved of attention they return to their dark caves or the dark recesses of bridges and will turn back to stone, silent again!
johncs2016
17 June 2022 13:49:49

The earlier rain has now cleared away, but with only the odd brighter interlude coming through at times.

In total, that weather front resulted in a total of 3.2 mm of rain being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 2.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

It is also very windy here with the maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank now reaching 34.5 mph from the SW as at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon.

Today is also much cooler than of late here, and the temperature at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC) this afternoon was around 16°C here in Edinburgh.

ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
17 June 2022 13:50:32

Breezy. High thin cloud. 30.0c. 

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
17 June 2022 16:23:11

The Sun has come out a lot more convincingly during this afternoon, and it's not been as cool here as it had been forecast to be, although it is still quite windy.

Today's highest temperature here in Edinburgh was around 18°C and it is currently around 17°C here as I write.

ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
17 June 2022 21:23:15
Down to 17.0c Still a muggy feel.

Others just get wet.