Sunny Intervals. 15.0c. Humidity 68% Rh

Westerly breeze 14 mph.

1026 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Crepuscular Ray
13 June 2022 11:47:56
Another cool cloudy day, 14 C. Don't think I've ever worn so many clothes in June! Brrrrr.......
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
idj20
13 June 2022 12:22:13

Fair & dry with partial cloud and sunny breaks. Think I might make the most of the current below par 16.6 C (78% H) but winds are dead calm.

Folkestone Harbour. 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
13 June 2022 17:19:29
Rather cool and cloudy again but less windy, high of 15.8C and now 13.7C
johncs2016
13 June 2022 20:46:53

A very disappointing day here in Edinburgh and if there is any day which best sums up how boring and uninteresting our weather actually is here in Edinburgh, this has probably been it.

It has been a day with no rainfall, virtually no sunshine and certainly no summer heat. In other words, it's been a day of no anything and that is what typically sums up our weather (or the lack of any actual weather here in this case) to a tee because that is how it generally is here, and that has increasingly been the case for the last year or so.

In the end, the really abysmal total of just 36 minutes of sunshine was recorded for whole of today at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today's maximum temperature was an equally abysmal 13.4°C on yet another day when the temperatures have refused to rise as has been the case on most days during this so-called "summer" so far..

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm this evening was around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
doctormog
13 June 2022 20:53:46

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

A very disappointing day here in Edinburgh and if there is any day which best sums up how boring and uninteresting our weather actually is here in Edinburgh, this has probably been it.

It has been a day with no rainfall, virtually no sunshine and certainly no summer heat. In other words, it's been a day of no anything and that is what typically sums up our weather (or the lack of any actual weather here in this case) to a tee because that is how it generally is here, and that has increasingly been the case for the last year or so.

In the end, the really abysmal total of just 36 minutes of sunshine was recorded for whole of today at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today's maximum temperature was an equally abysmal 13.4°C on yet another day when the temperatures have refused to rise as has been the case on most days during this so-called "summer" so far..

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm this evening was around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

Was the max not over 15°C (and 17°C at the airport)? 

Currently bright and mostly cloudy with light winds and 13.9°C here. 

The long daylight hours are great although it does sometimes feel like going to bed in the middle of the day.

johncs2016
13 June 2022 21:24:33

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

Was the max not over 15°C (and 17°C at the airport)? 

Currently bright and mostly cloudy with light winds and 13.9°C here. 

The long daylight hours are great although it does sometimes feel like going to bed in the middle of the day.

Well spotted.

I use a Google Docs spreadsheet for these reports with a macro which calculates the day's minimum and maximum temperature based on the raw SYNOP data for that station from the ogimet website.

On closer observation, I discovered that the maximum temperature which I gave for Edinburgh Gogarbank was technically correct, but was recorded in the 09z SYNOP data.

These actual maximum temperatures usually come through with the 18z SYNOP data but for some reason, that hasn't come through today. This means that we don't know what today's actual maximum at Edinburgh Gogarbank was for today.

According to the hourly data though, the highest hourly reading for Edinburgh Gogarbank was only 15.1°C and that was at around lunchtime, although the temperature at Edinburgh Airport did briefly reach 17°C at that time.

At the end of the day though, none of this does anything to change my overall impression for today as even those corrected temperatures are still not even the least bit warm for this time of the year.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
14 June 2022 16:30:15

Has been a fine and sunny day with light winds, was able to sit outside for pretty much most of the day.

Currently 19.8 C & 63% H from a peak of 21.7 at 3.35 pm.

Folkestone Harbour.