Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
16 October 2021 05:46:12

Good morning.  Dry, clear, calm and just short of a frost at 3.0c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
16 October 2021 06:16:00
Dry.Cloudy. 11.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Skreever
16 October 2021 06:25:05
Cloudy, dry

Wind W light breeze

Temp 6.8C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
Caz
  • Caz
16 October 2021 06:27:55

Temp went down to 2.6 but rising again now.

NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
16 October 2021 06:35:04

7.5C calm and foggy.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
johncs2016
16 October 2021 07:46:07

Despite the forecasts telling us that we might get a frost during last night, we came nowhere near to that as it clouded over during yesterday evening with the temperatures then refusing to drop after that.

This means that this morning has brought a return to constant grey skies to start the day with, but with nothing happening in terms of our weather (as per usual) which is even remotely interesting.

This showing us that getting two bright and sunny starts to any day is always asking for too much here, especially as we have also just gone into another weekend.

Furthermore, this is also showing once again, that Edinburgh just generally doesn't get interesting weather even when everywhere else is (I am sure that there will be plenty of other locations within Scotland in particular, which will have had a frost to start today with).

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 4.4ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 3.9ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh with those temperatures only really occuring quite early in the evening before it then clouded over with the temperatures going up a bit after that.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was around 6ºC here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
richardabdn
16 October 2021 08:18:09

What's a frost? Certainly not something we get here in October any more.

Didn't drop below 4C here last night and the lowest it's got in this vile autumn is 3.7C which is almost as bad as last autumn when it took until 24th October to even drop below 4C despite Edinburgh getting air frost in September.

It's just another rank grey garbage depressing Saturday. 1 hour sun on the 2nd October, nothing last week and nothing again today by the looks of things despite 3/5 of the weekdays managing decent amounts of sun.

I cannot put into words how much I despise living in this toxic grey hole. Might as well be living in Torshavn given the soul destroying sunless crap we've been subjected to pretty much every single weekend since the end of July  

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
marco 79
16 October 2021 08:25:41
Cool Start with a min of 3.1c..currently 7.2c with scattered cloud..calm to slight variable breeze..1020mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
speckledjim
16 October 2021 08:47:21
Cloudy, 9.3c
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
johncs2016
16 October 2021 09:25:39

Now, the Sun has decided to come out here in Edinburgh with clearer skies as well.

That is all fine and ideal during the spring and summer months but in order to us to have any chance of getting our first air frost of the autumn, we could have done with seeing those clear skies during last night when we were forecast to get that frost.

Currently, around 7ºC here in Edinburgh as at 10am this morning.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
16 October 2021 11:06:08

Broken cloud with sunny spells.

14.0c. Humidity79% Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
16 October 2021 12:45:44

After a bright morning, it is now rather overcast making the current 14.6 C & 73% H feel seasonally cool in a light S breeze. At least air quality is much better today compared to yesterday's pong of slurry wafting from inland under a N wind. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
16 October 2021 17:06:43

As it turned out, today's earlier sunshine didn't last for long (that wasn't even enough for any actual recorded sunshine at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today will therefore go down as yet another completely sunless day as a result) and it is now raining here in Edinburgh as I write.

Meanwhile, the temperature here in Edinburgh was around 9ºC here in Edinburgh, and will no doubt go up a bit from there during the night as milder air moves in.

It is therefore just like the thing that whenever I want it to be colder, it usually always ends up either being milder than expected or not as cold as what it had been forecast to be.

bledur
16 October 2021 17:40:26

Yet another mild day. lot of sheep farmers are still reporting fly strike , not just in the south. needs to cool down especially at night. So far this Autumn there has been only one grass frost here  . Very strange.

Caz
  • Caz
16 October 2021 18:35:16

After a lovely clear start, it’s been mostly cloudy but dry and mild.