DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
13 October 2021 06:26:04

Now down to one disturbance, Caz, and that not developing and drifting N-wards away from the Caribbean. So omens good.

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
Roger Parsons
13 October 2021 07:18:40
I was in a hurricane at sea in the Caribbean once, Caz. It was startling and exciting. They had to sling ropes for people to hold on to when moving about the decks and corridors and complicated gizmos were put on tables to stop everything flying about at meals. Special side-boards were added to bunks to stop you being thrown out when sleeping. There were near-tsunamis in the swimming pool! [Which was closed!]

Life seemed quite boring when it was all over.

R
RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
13 October 2021 08:23:24

Originally Posted by: DEW 

Now down to one disturbance, Caz, and that not developing and drifting N-wards away from the Caribbean. So omens good.

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
13 October 2021 08:27:23

Originally Posted by: Roger Parsons 

I was in a hurricane at sea in the Caribbean once, Caz. It was startling and exciting. They had to sling ropes for people to hold on to when moving about the decks and corridors and complicated gizmos were put on tables to stop everything flying about at meals. Special side-boards were added to bunks to stop you being thrown out when sleeping. There were near-tsunamis in the swimming pool! [Which was closed!]

Life seemed quite boring when it was all over.

R

It would only be exciting if I knew we’d survive it!  

When my brother experienced Irma, I was worried for him and pleased I was safe at home.  Then when he returned safely, I wished I’d been with him!  Oh for a crystal ball!  

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
17 October 2021 09:28:32

All quiet on this thread, which is reassuring!  

Russwirral
26 October 2021 08:59:07

Looks like a medicane is forecast to hit Malta tomorrow

Only really appearing on GFS and Arpege, but rapidly deepens with winds > 120-130kph

wingman
26 October 2021 17:58:25
Already badly affecting parts of southern Italy….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59048809 

scillydave
26 October 2021 18:00:09
Forecast to continue for another day or two yet in terms of rainfall I gather.
Terrible scenes coming out of Catania.
Currently living at roughly 65m asl North of Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Formerly of, Birdlip, highest village in the Cotswolds and snow heaven in winter; Hawkinge in Kent - roof of the South downs and Isles of Scilly, paradise in the UK.