Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
23 April 2021 05:23:30

Good morning.  Calm, clear and frosty, -1.7c.  The recurring theme of this month but at least afternoon temps are pleasant. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
23 April 2021 05:32:28
Good morning folks. Sunny day today. 1.0c Humidity 90%Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
roadrunnerajn
23 April 2021 05:38:00

Clear skies with a gusty east wind. 7.6c.

20 days this month without rain.

Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
23 April 2021 05:40:37
3C hazy and the nagging east wind has gone for the time being.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
marco 79
23 April 2021 06:04:53
Cloudless sky with bright early morning sunshine..frost..1.3c on a min of -1.7c..calm..1029mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
johncs2016
23 April 2021 06:22:02

Same old story here as yesterday, so copying and pasting my first post from yesterday's thread onto here will give a very accurate account of what it's like here just now.

To be honest, I actually quite enjoyed that bit of damp weather which we had a few evenings ago, even though that was short-lived and even though those weren't such good conditions for being out and about in.

The reason for that is because that was something different for a change. which at least, was more interesting as a result. That was in complete contrast to the borefest which we have now returned to with nothing ever changing from one day to the next in terms of our weather which is just making everything very predictable and repetitive, as well as boring.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Skreever
23 April 2021 07:44:18
Clear and sunny

Wind SE slight breeze

Temp 11.1C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
idj20
23 April 2021 11:03:50

Fine and sunny. Still that pinch in the air at 11.4 c & 64% with a mod E breeze adding to the freshness. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
23 April 2021 11:24:24

SUNNY day. 15.4c Humidity 48% Rh.

SSE Breeze 8 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Bolty
23 April 2021 12:35:03
A stunning St George's Day. Sunshine once again with bits of cirrus. 18°C currently.
Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
23 April 2021 13:47:50

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

Same old story here as yesterday, so copying and pasting my first post from yesterday's thread onto here will give a very accurate account of what it's like here just now.

To be honest, I actually quite enjoyed that bit of damp weather which we had a few evenings ago, even though that was short-lived and even though those weren't such good conditions for being out and about in.

The reason for that is because that was something different for a change. which at least, was more interesting as a result. That was in complete contrast to the borefest which we have now returned to with nothing ever changing from one day to the next in terms of our weather which is just making everything very predictable and repetitive, as well as boring.

Once again you are getting most of the interesting weather in your part of the world. Lots of sunshine and one of the warmest locations in the UK. 

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
johncs2016
23 April 2021 15:36:52

Originally Posted by: GezM 

Once again you are getting most of the interesting weather in your part of the world. Lots of sunshine and one of the warmest locations in the UK. 

As I have said before though, we all have our own different point of view when it comes to how we define "interesting" weather as we are entitled to do as these are just opinions at the end of the day. To me, warm and sunny weather is interesting if this is something which happens only occasionally (as would generally be expected to be the case here in the UK) but when it's like that all the time (as is now the case), that is no longer interesting in my books because that just gets a bit boring after a while.

Today is indeed, our warmest day of this month once again as the highest hourly reading at Edinburgh was 17.8°C with a total of 9.1 hours of sunshine being recorded for today so far at that particular station as at 4pm this afternoon although the sky is fairly milky rather than blue just now with a lot of cirrus and cirrostratus cloud around.

The temperature has dropped slightly during the last hour as well due to a breeze from straight off the North Sea which has picked up and so, the temperature at 4pm this afternoon was 17.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

What is interesting though, is just how dry the air has become because the fact that today is our warmest day of the year so far, has not prevented the dew point from dropping to below freezing (-1.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 4pm this afternoon). This gives us a relative humidity of just 28.1% at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 4pm this afternoon, and I don't think that I've ever recorded a relative humidity as low as that since I first joined this forum.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
snow 2004
23 April 2021 17:15:15
After a frosty start it’s reached just shy of 20C this afternoon. Still 17.2C now.

Glossop Derbyshire, 200m asl
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
23 April 2021 17:35:31
17.6C here a couple of hours ago it wasn't a frost first thing for a change either with low of 2.3C.
Next week looks cold again with winds more north and east, it just goes on and on.
Crepuscular Ray
23 April 2021 17:42:44
Great Edinburgh weather again, 18 C both yesterday and today with lots of strong sun. Thick high cloud has now moved in from the west
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
23 April 2021 18:14:49

Another beautiful day of clear sky and sunshine with temp up to 19c, still 16.4c. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
23 April 2021 18:21:40

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Great Edinburgh weather again, 18 C both yesterday and today with lots of strong sun. Thick high cloud has now moved in from the west

It's not so sunny here in Edinburgh now though.

It has now completely clouded over here and since my last report here which was a whole three hours ago, just a further 12 minutes of sunshine has been added to today's sunshine total at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

The wind from off the North Sea has picked up quite a bit, and that is now blowing in some low cloud from off the North Sea with the top of Arthur's Seat having now disappeared into that.

Today's maximum temperature was 18.5° at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today was the warmest day of this year so far as a result (beating that figure of 18.3°C which was recorded there during March, but still short of that figure of 19.0°C which was recorded at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh on that same day).

However, the temperature as at 7pm this evening has plummeted to just around 10°C here in Edinburgh.

As that has happened, the dew point has actually gone back up a bit which meant that the relative humidity has now shot up to around 72% at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7pm this evening.