Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
08 April 2021 05:34:10

Good morning.  Dry and overcast with a light breeze.  4.6c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
08 April 2021 05:58:30
Good morning folks. Cloudy and no frost. 4.4c Humidity 78%Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
08 April 2021 06:08:26
Milder +3.5 this morning but was -0.5 at 1am despite wind being more round to SW.
marco 79
08 April 2021 06:22:20
Damp after recent rain..light mod SW wind..2.6c..1020mb.
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
08 April 2021 06:50:49

4C calm with bright spells and we've lost that keen cold air of the past two days.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Skreever
08 April 2021 07:08:29
Overnight thaw, milder, raining and windy

Wind WSW gusting to near gale force

Temp 5.4C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
08 April 2021 07:24:08
This morning is milder than of late and so, there is no air frost here this time, although we still managed to get an early ground frost in the early part of the night.

It is dry as per usual (it never rains here in April any more after all, at least that is how it all seems now) but as was the case during yesterday, there is a lot more cloud around with only brief brighter spells at times.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was around 8°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Bertwhistle
08 April 2021 11:00:57

12.5°C and cloudy, but brightening.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
dagspot
08 April 2021 17:32:29

a real squall line front from NW.  Hail, torrential rain. Temp down to 5dc 

Neilston 600ft ASL
johncs2016
08 April 2021 17:43:01

At long last, our April drought here in Edinburgh is finally coming to an end with some heavy rain falling just now which is also being accompanied by winds gusting up to 47.2 mph from the WSW at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

However, this isn't likely to be around for long and as I write, the Sun is already coming back out, so any recorded totals for today are still probably going to be very small. I also still think that this could be the only measurable rainfall which we see for a while though.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 6pm this evening was around 8°C here in Edinburgh.

EDIT:

Everything which I have been saying elsewhere on this forum about the lack of rainfall during this month has just been proved correct once again because despite that short burst of rain which I have reported above appearing to be quite intense, it has produced no more than 0.4 mm of recorded rainfall at Edinburgh Gogarbank according to the latest data from SEPA, and nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where the April drought goes on as a result.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
08 April 2021 20:00:37

Turned out to be a generally fair and bright day with hazy sunshine as well as continued bone dry. Still no significant warmth yet with a peak of 10.6 c at 1.30 pm, 7.2 c & 80% h currently but the SW breeze has fallen lighter.

Folkestone Harbour.