tallyho_83
24 January 2021 21:42:34

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

CF forecast

N Miller " end of the week , colder air pushes South , next weekend possibility of Snow as rain tries to push in "

Do you have the link to the countryfile forecast? - i can't find it - i assume it's not the one feature on home page?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

Seen Weather for week ahead with Helen Willetts.

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

MStewart
25 January 2021 13:00:01

Originally Posted by: tallyho_83 

Do you have the link to the countryfile forecast? - i can't find it - i assume it's not the one feature on home page?

There's also a nightly forecast on BBC1 just before the channel goes onto the news channel over night.  It tends to be at a different time each night and is often delayed but it is later than the forecast on BBC and interesting to watch first thing in the morning.

Mark
Twickenham
12m ASL
Crepuscular Ray
25 January 2021 13:37:53
Watched Thomasz after lunchtime news but was all about England and how mild and wet it was becoming, he seemed pleased about double figures later in the week and glossed over any snow events

Meanwhile Edinburgh had a double snow symbol for Thursday and 4 C. Also Friday had 4 C. Not mentioned!

I'll watch the BBC Scotland edition!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
pdiddy
25 January 2021 13:56:31

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Watched Thomasz after lunchtime news but was all about England and how mild and wet it was becoming, he seemed pleased about double figures later in the week and glossed over any snow events

Meanwhile Edinburgh had a double snow symbol for Thursday and 4 C. Also Friday had 4 C. Not mentioned!

I'll watch the BBC Scotland edition!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

awkward start for Gillian Smart

pdiddy
25 January 2021 13:59:02

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

you can always catch it on iplayer... usually about 15 mins from the end of the programmer

Gavin D
25 January 2021 21:13:27

Saturday 30 Jan - Monday 8 Feb

Unsettled conditions look likely to dominate for this period, with low pressure across the UK. Therefore, this should bring changeable weather to most of the country, with periods of rain, showers, and strong winds at times. While mild westerly and southwesterly winds are expected to be dominant for most of the period, occasional colder northerly winds are possible, bringing a chance of snowfall, likely confined to far northern parts. Towards the end of the period, we may see high pressure bringing a higher than average chance of cold weather more widely with wintry outbreaks. If this were to occur many inland and southern areas would likely see drier than average conditions, with some overnight frost and fog.

Monday 8 Feb - Monday 22 Feb

Confidence is low for this period, but current signals indicate a possible high pressure system around or near the UK during this period. This would likely bring cold northerly winds, producing colder than average temperatures and wintry outbreaks. The second half of February is likely to have a mixture of weather types, with periods of wet, windy, and milder weather interspersed with drier, calmer, and colder periods.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

dagspot
25 January 2021 22:00:04
Shafernaker becoming the newest mild ‘ramper’
‘Transient sleet or snow’
‘A lot, lot milder next week’
Neilston 600ft ASL
Gooner
25 January 2021 22:02:04

Originally Posted by: dagspot 

Shafernaker becoming the newest mild ‘ramper’
‘Transient sleet or snow’
‘A lot, lot milder next week’

Yep very much so , it was choking him to say cold 

And was quite buoyant when mentioning about the Atlantic winning next week  

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Jiries
25 January 2021 22:21:35

Yep very much so , it was choking him to say cold 

And was quite buoyant when mentioning about the Atlantic winning next week  

I want to try to know why a mild ramper really like mild wet weather and what make them feel so much excitement about mildness and wetness when today I see how beautiful extremely rare snow cover, blue skies and many people look so happy to enjoy outside.  Seem the locals here was so happy to see the snow again since few years ago.

Mild weather in winter is not welcome and most disgusting weather pattern all blackish ground, trees, muddy and dirty unlike snow clean, bright and access to walk anywhere without getting a mud on shoes or black dirt, my trainers now look so clean and new again from walking on the snow a lot today and yesterday.

tierradelfuego
25 January 2021 22:31:23

Originally Posted by: Jiries 

I see 

You answered the question yourself really, in the "I". Not saying I disagree with you personally, but if you don't get that everyone's different, there's no point asking the question...

Bucklebury
West Berkshire Downs AONB
135m ASL
chrissyk
25 January 2021 22:37:31

Originally Posted by: Jiries 

I want to try to know why a mild ramper really like mild wet weather and what make them feel so much excitement about mildness and wetness when today I see how beautiful extremely rare snow cover, blue skies and many people look so happy to enjoy outside.  Seem the locals here was so happy to see the snow again since few years ago.

Mild weather in winter is not welcome and most disgusting weather pattern all blackish ground, trees, muddy and dirty unlike snow clean, bright and access to walk anywhere without getting a mud on shoes or black dirt, my trainers now look so clean and new again from walking on the snow a lot today and yesterday.

Theres nothing I dislike more than prolonged warm sectors in winter, living near the south coast they are more frequent and last the longest. All the interesting weather takes place further north and west and we have endless hours of cloud (often thick grey cloud) string winds and occasional drizzle. The other weather I dislike which is very similar is anticyclonic gloom in winter.

yes as a rambler myself, I much prefer to walk on frozen mud and snow, than horrible mud! 😃

Chandlers Ford, South Hampshire. 27m asl
Gooner
26 January 2021 08:23:48

Remaining cold in the north, but becoming mild for a time in the south with some heavy rainfall. Across central areas, there is potential for some significant snowfall during Thursday.

Thursday should be good for some 

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

nsrobins
26 January 2021 09:15:54
Carol K this morning talking about possible snow ‘moving up from France’ on Saturday.
I’d like to know where this idea is coming from.
Neil
Fareham, Hampshire 28m ASL (near estuary)
Stormchaser, Member TORRO
Gooner
26 January 2021 09:18:25

Originally Posted by: nsrobins 

Carol K this morning talking about possible snow ‘moving up from France’ on Saturday.

She has to be talking about this .....................surely 

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Zubzero
26 January 2021 09:26:11

Originally Posted by: nsrobins 

ECM,ICON and GEM all have the system as rain. But I guess some ensembles must show the risk of it turning to snow.

https://weather.us/model-charts/german/england/significant-weather/20210130-0600z.html

Gooner
26 January 2021 09:58:20

Potential for Saturday 

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

tallyho_83
26 January 2021 10:33:55

Potential for Saturday 

Looks like rain to me ?

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

roadrunnerajn
26 January 2021 10:49:52

I’m not sure either.. The 528 dam line is still over the north of Scotland at that time on Saturday. This is where you hope the forecasters know something we don’t about Saturday.

Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
Gooner
26 January 2021 10:50:32

Looks like rain to me ?

I used the word potential, highlighting it ties in with C Kirkwood's comments 

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Gavin D
26 January 2021 11:26:18

Midwest America braced for 'historic' snowstorm with up to a foot set to fall in hours

"A major winter storm has caused disruption across Midwest America - with a warning of a "historic" snowfall on the way. The National Weather Service said at least 4ins (10cm) of snow was expected across most of an area stretching from central Kansas northeast towards Chicago and southern Michigan.

Parts of southeast Nebraska and western Iowa could get more than three times that much - up to a foot in just hours. Meteorologist Taylor Nicolaisen said it had been over 15 years since more than a foot of snow had fallen in a single storm.

"This is historic snow," he said. Around 300 salt spreaders are on the streets of Chicago and almost 200 flights have been cancelled at both the city's main airports"

https://news.sky.com/story/midwest-america-braced-for-historic-snowstorm-with-up-to-a-foot-set-to-fall-in-hours-12199083