Crepuscular Ray
20 January 2021 21:08:04
Snowing in south Edinburgh and settling
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
tallyho_83
20 January 2021 21:23:10

Originally Posted by: roadrunnerajn 

Front now cleared west Cornwall, stars are out!
Temperature now 3.8c dropped from 10.3 at 5pm.

Wind light W

That's quite a sharp drop after the front - I heard there was wet snow over Dartmoor too. Precipitation being that much heavier helped too,.

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

Arbroath 1320
20 January 2021 23:19:54

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Yes, heavy snow here in Musselburgh, East Lothian ASL for the last few hours. Whiteout. 0.5c.

GGTTH
idj20
20 January 2021 23:26:24

Pretty wild with the gale force southerly wind kicking in, but thankfully the rain isn't being an issue with only 3.6 mm so far today. However the squall line is still yet to arrive here.

9.0 c & 94% h,

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
21 January 2021 02:18:05

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Yes, we even have a lot of snow here in the north of Edinburgh and I'm surprised not to seen anything from you about that in the snow reports thread.

I know that this should be the coldest time of the year anyway but even at that, I haven't actually seen this amount of snow at this time of the year since 2010.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
tallyho_83
21 January 2021 02:33:20

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

Yes, we even have a lot of snow here in the north of Edinburgh and I'm surprised not to seen anything from you about that in the snow reports thread.

I know that this should be the coldest time of the year anyway but even at that, I haven't actually seen this amount of snow at this time of the year since 2010.

March 2018? was snowy there or you mean for January?

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

johncs2016
21 January 2021 02:46:01

Originally Posted by: tallyho_83 

March 2018? was snowy there or you mean for January?

I am aware of those events from February/March 2018, but we haven't had any significant snowfalls in either December or January since 2010 as far as I know, and that is what I am referring to.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.