Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
04 July 2020 04:33:33

Good morning.  Dry, overcast and breezy. 16c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
04 July 2020 06:21:49
Earlier light rain has given 1.6mm, it's warmer again at 14.5C
johncs2016
04 July 2020 06:55:01

Today has started off on a fairly bright note here in Edinburgh for a change, with some sunshine at times although there is still a lot of cloud around as well.

However, our run of single figures summer temperatures at night goes on, as last night's overnight minimum temperature was 9.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 9.5°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was around 11°C here in Edinburgh.

EDIT:

Oh! I forgot to wish anybody who is reading this on the other side of the Pond from here, a very happy American Independence Day (although it will only be the early hours of the morning over there just now as I write, close to midnight on the Pacific Coast and still the previous night in Alaska).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Gusty
04 July 2020 06:56:21

15.4c Air

14.4c Dew

Light drizzle and hill fog.

Fresh SW'ly

1012.5mb

Rain today 0.2mm

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

ktaylor
04 July 2020 06:56:57

Good morning overnight low of 15.6c. Currently drizzle and damp 16.8c. Humidity 93%. Air pressure 1012.4mb. Heat index 17.0c. Dew point 16.0c. Rain last 24hr 0.5mm. Wind light breeze. Wind chill 17.0c.

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
marco 79
04 July 2020 07:05:58
Overcast...humid...mod to fresh SW wind..16.8c...1007mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Skreever
04 July 2020 07:08:36
Cloudy, dry

Wind SW faint breeze

Temp 11.1C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
Tim A
04 July 2020 07:32:41
Cloudy and damp with some brightness coming through now.
16.0c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
04 July 2020 09:55:24
As is typical of our weather during this summer up until now, our bright start to today didn't last for all that long, and it didn't take long for our weather to go downhill again.

That brighter weather from earlier on has resulted in a total of 42 minutes of sunshine being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 10am this morning but it has clouded over yet again, and it now raining as I write.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 1am this morning was around 14°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
04 July 2020 10:02:25

Cloudy. WSW Breeze 4- 10 mph

1011  hPa   17.0c.  

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
richardabdn
04 July 2020 10:42:28

After yesterdays foul stinking washout conditions the skies cleared at 8pm and the sun came out. Of course at that time of day it has the strength and angle of a mid-winters day so had no impact on temperatures which maxed at a diabolical 13.3C.

Clear skies overnight allowed the temperature to dip to a chilly 6.9C. A good sunrise at 4am but by 8am the muck had returned with only a few bright intervals coming through. Now it's back to the full blown dismal overcast gruel with a vile temperature of only 13.4C and wind coming from the SE yet again 

Now seems that we are well into summer 2012 catastrophic write-off territory. Every single day is awful with nothing remotely decent on offer 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
LeedsLad123
04 July 2020 15:13:24

Classic rain shadow on the radar right now. 

Whitkirk, Leeds - 85m ASL.
ARTzeman
04 July 2020 16:01:03

Cloudy. very light drizzle at times.  

17.6c Humidity 92% Rh 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
04 July 2020 19:05:56

Today's weather here in Edinburgh (or rather, the lack of any sort of actual weather in this case) sums up just exactly why I have now changed my signature at the bottom of all of my posts to how it is just now.

There was a little bit of rain during the middle of the day, but that amounted to just a rather pathetic and tediously small total of 0.4 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 0.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Since then, the rest of the day has just degenerated into yet another complete and utter summer borefest with yet more constant grey skies and nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather, actually happening.

This has resulted in yet another abysmal sunshine total with just 48 minutes of sunshine being recorded for the whole of today so far, at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7pm this evening. This means that 4 days into this month, we still haven't yet yielded a single day which has produced any more than an hour of sunshine throughout that entire day.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was a rather disappointing 15.6°C which isn't even the least bit warm for this time of the year, although the temperature at 7pm this evening had gone up slightly to around 16°C here in Edinburgh.

johncs2016
04 July 2020 20:46:13
It's now raining once again here in Edinburgh with a temperature of around 15°C as at 9pm this evening.

idj20
04 July 2020 22:42:02

Has been a dull murky damp day with occasional drizzle (0.8 mm). The peak was an autumnal-feeling 17.1 c at 5 pm where winds has been a brisk SW all day. Currently 16.6 c & 93% h. Ideal for staying indoors without feeling guilty for it.

Folkestone Harbour.