Gandalf The White
20 May 2020 21:14:12

Originally Posted by: SJV 

There is clear deception in relation to tests and targets. We already know that dispatched tests are being counted, as well as non-diagnostic tests which have no bearing on our number of positive cases (note to Gavin D who calculated the false % each day). As it mentions on the R4 programme RobN linked to, you wouldn't count going to a drive-in facility, having the swab and sputum checked as two positive tests (unless you wanted to boost your figures of course ).

Given the vast majority of the general public will look at the headline figures and nothing else I believe it is a form deception, given the reasons above that become clear when you look behind the numbers.

edit: and that doesn't even get into the shambles of the results and the time taken (median 4 days I think?)  Thanks Beast, forgotten that.

It’s clearly a very poor attempt at deception when the information is so widely available that you can ‘expose’ the alleged deception so easily.

You might want to think on this point awhile.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
20 May 2020 21:20:51

Originally Posted by: Gandalf The White 

It’s clearly a very poor attempt at deception when the information is so widely available that you can ‘expose’ the alleged deception so easily.

You might want to think on this point awhile.

As I pointed out the vast majority of the public won't bother seeking that information out though. They need it screamed at them through bold newspaper headlines these days. 

I agree it isn't hard to see the cracks behind the apparent 'success' in the data. To me that makes it all the more insulting, the fact that this government seemingly take us for fools. Then again as is often pointed out we have a leader with similar parallels to Trump in that he is blindly followed by his cult no matter what he does.

The above then goes back to my first sentence - for these cultists even a damning headline of statistical lies and obfuscation would be glossed over and dismissed as a mindless attack on their precious government.

Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
📢 Play the TWO Forums Quiz!  📢
Darren S
20 May 2020 21:34:12

Originally Posted by: JHutch 

One thing i have noticed is that these figures do not add up to the total positive count for the day. Today that was 2472 and the regional totals shown above add up to 896. I doubt that Scotland, N Ireland and Wales had 1500 between them so was wondering where the extra positives come from? Does it depend on which pillar they are in?

Yes. The regional breakdown is only for Pillar 1. As you can see here today, there were 1,048 positive in Pillar 1 and 1,424 in Pillar 2.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

So I think we can deduce that Pillar 1 was made up of 896 positive in England, and a further 152 in Scotland, Wales and NI.

Darren
Crowthorne, Berks (87m asl)
South Berks Winter Snow Depth Totals:
2022/23 7 cm; 2021/22 1 cm; 2020/21 13 cm; 2019/20 0 cm; 2018/19 14 cm; 2017/18 23 cm; 2016/17 0 cm; 2015/16 0.5 cm; 2014/15 3.5 cm; 2013/14 0 cm; 2012/13 22 cm; 2011/12 7 cm; 2010/11 6 cm; 2009/10 51 cm
JHutch
20 May 2020 21:35:21

Antibody test to be offered to NHS and care staff within days apparently

JHutch
20 May 2020 22:22:51

Originally Posted by: Darren S 

Yes. The regional breakdown is only for Pillar 1. As you can see here today, there were 1,048 positive in Pillar 1 and 1,424 in Pillar 2.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

So I think we can deduce that Pillar 1 was made up of 896 positive in England, and a further 152 in Scotland, Wales and NI.

Thanks

Be nice to see how many pillar 2 figures there were per area too.

Gandalf The White
20 May 2020 22:26:46

Originally Posted by: SJV 

As I pointed out the vast majority of the public won't bother seeking that information out though. They need it screamed at them through bold newspaper headlines these days. 

I agree it isn't hard to see the cracks behind the apparent 'success' in the data. To me that makes it all the more insulting, the fact that this government seemingly take us for fools. Then again as is often pointed out we have a leader with similar parallels to Trump in that he is blindly followed by his cult no matter what he does.

The above then goes back to my first sentence - for these cultists even a damning headline of statistical lies and obfuscation would be glossed over and dismissed as a mindless attack on their precious government.

I’m rather fond of the saying “the people get the leaders they deserve.” 

If people are so disinterested and/or stupid that they can’t be bothered to apply a modicum of critical thinking then isn’t it obvious where most of the blame sits.

I recall a dissident escaping the old USSR commenting with a mixture of surprise and disappointment that the people in the UK were no different to the people back home. He had assumed that our open democratic system was because we actively fought for it and that was why we didn’t have a totalitarian one/party system.

Apparently it’s just luck and now here and elsewhere the wheel has spun and landed on a less desirable outcome.  Temporary insanity or permanent madness?

As Joni Mitchell sang in a more idealistic time, “You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.”

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

The Beast from the East
20 May 2020 23:26:42

Originally Posted by: Gandalf The White 

I’m rather fond of the saying “the people get the leaders they deserve.” 

If people are so disinterested and/or stupid that they can’t be bothered to apply a modicum of critical thinking then isn’t it obvious where most of the blame sits.

I recall a dissident escaping the old USSR commenting with a mixture of surprise and disappointment that the people in the UK were no different to the people back home. He had assumed that our open democratic system was because we actively fought for it and that was why we didn’t have a totalitarian one/party system.

Apparently it’s just luck and now here and elsewhere the wheel has spun and landed on a less desirable outcome.  Temporary insanity or permanent madness?

As Joni Mitchell sang in a more idealistic time, “You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.”

Amazing symmetry on both sides of the Atlantic

Trump is now attacking the CDC and other scientists for giving him wrong advice, so its their fault! Also, some GOP states like Georgia are manipulating the data and trying to reduce the death toll, and limiting access to testing to try and get the numbers down. 

In countries with corrupt governments like the US, UK, Brazil and Russia, excess deaths may be the only accurate measure of the impact of Covid.

You cant hide bodies

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
Tom Oxon
20 May 2020 23:27:03

Originally Posted by: The Beast from the East 

This guy is a film maker if you go through to his feed (which is not declared/obvious from the video).  Any chance he might be trying to go viral?

S Warwickshire countryside, c.375ft asl.
The Beast from the East
20 May 2020 23:29:35

Originally Posted by: Tom Oxon 

This guy is a film maker if you go through to his feed (which is not declared/obvious from the video).  Any chance he might be trying to go viral?

I hope you never end up in hospital and rely on foreign doctors and nurses to care for you

Tom Oxon
20 May 2020 23:34:13

Originally Posted by: The Beast from the East 

I hope you never end up in hospital and rely on foreign doctors and nurses to care for you

Bullsjit

I'm sorry but I'm telling it like it is. Hes a filmmaker, joined the NHS a few weeks ago to get a good story and is already trying to get himself seen.  Not rounding on him for using the NHS for his own benefit are you, just blinded by the fact he's  foreign and preaching the leftist narrative?

S Warwickshire countryside, c.375ft asl.
The Beast from the East
20 May 2020 23:35:02

I hope Maunder, hickster, Caz, four, westv, bleur etc watched Newsnight tonight. Incredible journalism from Lewis