CreweCold
16 May 2020 22:22:52

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Both KFC and Starbucks have begun reopening some outlets. There's massive demand - the drive-through Starbucks near me had a queue on the neighbouring car park just to join the queue through the drive-through. 

KFC's app and website are farcical and neither were letting you order online as KFC have been telling people to do. Neither Deliveroo nor Just Eat would take orders for the St Helens branch, so I ended up ordering through Deliveroo in Warrington to deliver it to the KFC car park. There were about 30 other cars had done the same, and a procession of people/cars were just turning up and hoc, but being told they were only processing online or delivery orders. The wait time was 100-130 mins.

There's a massive demand from people to just get life operating again with some normality. 

We went to Lytham St Annes today to have a big walk with the dog at somewhere different. There were hundreds of people around. Thankfully the tide was well out and we were able to let the dog have a good run without getting within 50 yards of anyone else. But the numbers were an eye-opener. 

I've been seeing it all week. At work we are as busy as pre lockdown after a few weeks of welcome respite from the madness we saw with the panic buying.

I'd say 2/3rds of people are adhering somewhat to social distancing, the rest simply don't care. Some people are acting like nothing is going on at all.

It has been a nightmare keeping the required limit on people entering the place I work in. Signs up, allied to the well known situation yet I'm tearing my hair out having to stipulate the rules to customer after customer. 

I have zero faith in the public using common sense.

Crewe, Cheshire
55 metres above sea level
Gandalf The White
16 May 2020 22:24:39

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Both KFC and Starbucks have begun reopening some outlets. There's massive demand - the drive-through Starbucks near me had a queue on the neighbouring car park just to join the queue through the drive-through. 

KFC's app and website are farcical and neither were letting you order online as KFC have been telling people to do. Neither Deliveroo nor Just Eat would take orders for the St Helens branch, so I ended up ordering through Deliveroo in Warrington to deliver it to the KFC car park. There were about 30 other cars had done the same, and a procession of people/cars were just turning up and hoc, but being told they were only processing online or delivery orders. The wait time was 100-130 mins.

There's a massive demand from people to just get life operating again with some normality. 

We went to Lytham St Annes today to have a big walk with the dog at somewhere different. There were hundreds of people around. Thankfully the tide was well out and we were able to let the dog have a good run without getting within 50 yards of anyone else. But the numbers were an eye-opener. 

How depressing that KFC should be seen as an important part of normality.

There was a discussion on the radio today about how eating habits had changed in the ‘lockdown’ with fewer prepared meals and more organic and locally sourced fresh produce. Apparently it’s partly driven by wanting a healthier diet - and more free time.

KFC is the antithesis of healthy eating.

130 metres ASL
52.0N 0.1E

CreweCold
16 May 2020 22:27:15

Originally Posted by: Gandalf The White 

How depressing that KFC should be seen as an important part of normality.

There was a discussion on the radio today about how eating habits had changed in the ‘lockdown’ with fewer prepared meals and more organic and locally sourced fresh produce. Apparently it’s partly driven by wanting a healthier diet - and more free time.

KFC is the antithesis of healthy eating.

It's quite utterly pathetic that people are prepared to queue up for up to 2 hours just to get a taste of that shite. 

Crewe, Cheshire
55 metres above sea level
picturesareme
16 May 2020 23:30:57

Originally Posted by: CreweCold 

It's quite utterly pathetic that people are prepared to queue up for up to 2 hours just to get a taste of that shite. 

Nandos is closed so people are desperate.. the only explanation for queues at KFC 

Saint Snow
17 May 2020 01:38:29

Originally Posted by: CreweCold 

To clarify, I didn't wait 2 hours there. Ordered it at home, got a delivery time, stayed at home for a while then drove there to arrive 15 mins prior to delivery. 

I do like a KFC.

As for Nandos, I've recreated that a few times since they shut (actually got a takeout from there the Saturday before they decided to close fully)

We do only do one takeout a week 

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
JHutch
17 May 2020 02:20:10

I believe this to genuinely be the official page of the Telford police. Apparently the partiers had a DJ set up. There obviously aren't 70 people in the photo but apparently the police didn't want to name and shame.