Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
09 May 2020 04:07:11

Originally Posted by: Phil G 

Well I suppose people have different accounts of today. We saw it as a 'nice distraction', got to know some neighbours we never really talked to before today. All with keeping the 2m rule. In all I took a positive out of today.

As for the scum who didn't comply with today's rules still. I suspect they don't recognise the rules every day in truth.

Today we still acknowledged those still alive who gave our today. Most if not all won't be around the next time we acknowledge anything like this. 

I have taken a small crumb out of all the bad news, all the negativity that surrounds us for whatever reason.

It was good to have a day outside, still safe, a bit of positivity through all the gloom.

That’s very much how it was on our street, with tea and cake between 4 and 6 o clock and it was a very pleasant affair with a friendly atmosphere.  It just wasn’t the same elsewhere though as I could hear loud reveling coming from nearby streets.  

However, despite that, it had gone completely quiet by 9:30.  No more fireworks, loud voices or music.  It was as if something had been switched off!  Maybe I judged too soon. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
CreweCold
09 May 2020 04:51:28

Originally Posted by: Gandalf The White 

Except the R value isn't 4 or 5, so your prediction fails.

Yes, people getting too close increases the risk but for your dire forecast to be close we would have to see today's worst case scenes playing out everywhere and every day. I don't think that's where we are yet. Round here everyone is still following the rules and keeping more or less two metres apart, even on the viallage green this morning.

As for people being simple, there have been enough examples over the last 7-8 weeks. It shouldn't be a surprise any longer: there are some muppets who will always choose to misbehave and be antisocial.

R value reflects distancing measures. Flout social distancing measures and the R shoots up, firstly at a local level and then more widely.

Crewe, Cheshire
55 metres above sea level