Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
35m ASL
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 06:01:53

Good morning. Calm with light rain.  2.1c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
marco 79
27 February 2020 07:00:13
Light rain, some occasional flakes mixed in..0.9c...light variable breeze..997mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
ktaylor
27 February 2020 07:05:05

Good morning over night low of 1.4c. Currently raining still no snow😭 3.8mm. Humidity 97%. Air pressure 996.2mb. Dew point 3.0c. Wind light. Wind chill 3.0c. Rain Last 24hr 5.6mm.

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
redmoons
27 February 2020 07:19:42
Mixture of rain, sleet & snow
1.8c DP -0.8c
Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 07:22:17
3C mixture of light rain, unpleasant NNE wind and cloud.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
johncs2016
27 February 2020 08:02:18

This morning has started off with a slight frost, but with plenty of sunshine.

There was the odd overnight shower but that has resulted in just 0.4 mm of rain being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 0.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, thus probably confirming our place yet again as the UK's most boring location when it comes to our weather (or rather, the lack of any sort "weather" in this instance).

Perhaps rather bizarrely, the botanic gardens in Edinburgh was the only one of my three local stations where an official air frost was actually recorded (even that hasn't actually been the case according to the officially recorded overnight temperature). Even Edinburgh Airport has remained at or above freezing throughout the overnight period and of course, you will probably know by now that there's no real point in me telling you that there wasn't an official air frost at Edinburgh Gogarbank as that is something which just never happens any more.

On that note, last night's overnight temperature was 0.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 0.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where it has only been just in the last hour that the temperature has dropped to below freezing (down to -0.1°C as at 7am this morning).

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was around 0°C on average here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 08:56:56

Hills are white from showers around midnight, it hasn't quite gone below freezing at lower levels and slowly melted before daylight

Gooner
27 February 2020 09:05:32

Snow now stopped 

1.6c 

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 09:30:04

Heavy overcast, light air, raining moderately with 7.9mm fallen so far today.

4.1*C, 91%RH; 992.2mb steady after falling overnight.

Yesterday afternoon I saw an atmospheric optical effect that I've never seen before - an upper tangent arc to the 22* halo (at a time of low sun elevation).  If I can get my phone to send the photo to my computer I'll see if I can post it.  Until then, if you don't know what I'm referring to, this is a photo which includes one https://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/tanim3.htm

There wasn't a halo or parhelia because the patch of cirrus creating the effect was limited in size, and the V-shape wasn't distinct, but the reddish tinge to the lower edge of the patch of brightness in the sky was clear evidence to identify what it was.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
fairweather
27 February 2020 10:16:35

Snowing! After early morning rain it turned to sleety snow and then from 9.30 am has turned to snow. Moderate at 10.00am and would have settled if not for red hot wet ground. Temp 1.2C. DP- 0.5C. Who'd have thought it. ;-)

S.Essex, 42m ASL
ARTzeman
27 February 2020 10:41:23

Snowing on awakening. Stoped when shopping.

Broken cloud with sunshine.

5.0c.  Wind Chill 3.0c. Humidity 83% Rh

1002 hPa   NNW Breeze  15.2 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 11:06:35

The rain has now cleared from West Kent - I think I noticed a few splodges of back-end sleet when the temperature had dropped to 2.6*C.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
warrenb
27 February 2020 11:08:40

Originally Posted by: AJ* 

The rain has now cleared from West Kent - I think I noticed a few splodges of back-end sleet when the temperature had dropped to 2.6*C.

Indeed just the odd flake on departure.

bradders
27 February 2020 12:22:05

No snow here, might have been some overnight but gone by morning.

Snow in the hillier parts of Greater Manchester, several roads closed including the Snake Pass and the Cat & Fiddle road to Buxton.

Temp 5.2C

Overnight low 1.5C

Rain  3.5C

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
idj20
27 February 2020 13:57:51

The sun's coming out thus warming up my famed west-facing hobby room (also have jacket potatoes on the go in the oven and that is enough to heat up the entire house). A welcome sight after the miserably overcast and wet first half of the day where 13.0 mm of rain has fallen so far since midnight.

A brisk NW wind is making the current 5.1 c & 88% feel rather raw but my record for a completely snow-free meteorological Winter in my back yard remains intact.  

Folkestone Harbour. 
ktaylor
27 February 2020 17:01:25

Sunny 7.2c.

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
27 February 2020 18:25:31

A bit of sleet on my way to work but otherwise a sunny, cold and breezy day.

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
27 February 2020 19:05:56
An almost completely sunny day means that in the end, a total of 8.6 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank. That makes today by far, our sunniest day of this winter so far and with only two days left to go of this winter, that looks likely to remain the case in the end.

That then leaves us needing just a minimum total of 4.5 or more hours of sunshine over those last two days of this month in order for this month to go down as being sunnier than average overall at that particular station. With Storm Jorge on the way though, it is still uncertain as to whether or not, we will manage to get that required total although today's sunshine has at least vastly improved our chances of that happening.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 6°C and the temperature at 7pm this evening was around 3°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.