Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
26 February 2020 04:15:18

Good morning. Calm, partly cloudy and frosty. 1.2c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ktaylor
26 February 2020 06:34:35

Good morning over night low of 2.6c. Currently clear 2.8c. Humidity 81%. Air pressure 1001.3mb. Dew point 0.0c. Wind 9mph. Wind chill 1.0c. Rain Last 24hr 3.2mm.

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
marco 79
26 February 2020 07:00:23
Generally clear..Icy this morning following yesterday evenings Snow showers ...light to mod W wind...0.2c...998mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
26 February 2020 07:08:57
1.5C clear with brisk westerly breeze.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
ARTzeman
26 February 2020 07:11:29
Dry . Cloudy. Light breeze. No Frost.
3•6c. Humidity 75% Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Skreever
26 February 2020 07:22:40
Cloudy, dry

Wind W light breeze

Temp 1.7C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
26 February 2020 07:48:29

Finally at long last, we have a cold and frosty start to a day (it's not exactly been very often that I've been able to say that during this winter) which in turn, has also led to a sunny start to today and it is really noticeable now, just how much lighter it's getting in the mornings.

An official air frost has even been recorded at Edinburgh Airport and the botanic gardens in Edinburgh. Yet, for some reason or another, we still CANNOT get an air frost at Edinburgh Gogarbank despite the conditions being absolutely perfect for that to happen with very little wind and lots of clear skies during the night.

That in a way, is very frustrating because out of all of my three local stations, Edinburgh Gogarbank is the main one which I use for reporting all of the various statistics on other threads, for each month, season and year. This means that if I am going to be reptoring an air frost anywhere during this winter, I would rather be reporting that as happening at Edinburgh Gogarbank since it is what is happening there which impacts what I report on those various statistics. Given what has just happened and what has happened all winter there, I am really at a loss to be able to see exactly what it is actually going to take to get an air frost at Edinburgh Gogarbank, or whether or not this is even possible any more.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was -0.4°C at the botanic gardens and +0.3°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, although it did get down to around -2°C at Edinburgh Airport during the night.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was around 0°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
tallyho_83
26 February 2020 08:52:35

Woken up 0600am by heavy hail

Meanwhile Dartmoor has seen a light covering of snow:

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

AWalker
26 February 2020 09:27:59

Dusting of snow Kirkby in ashfield north notts this morning 1c 

idj20
26 February 2020 09:39:42

Fine and sunny but feeling chilly in the mod NW breeze. 6.2 c & 75% h.

A shame it'll be rubbish once again this time tomorrow with yet more unwanted cold rain.

Folkestone Harbour. 
bradders
26 February 2020 09:52:44

Cloudy and wet outside after recent showers

Temp 3.7C

Overnight low 1.6C

Rain overnight 2.9mm 

Pressure 1001mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
26 February 2020 11:43:34

Broken cloud cover with sunny intervals, fresh NW wind, not raining.

6.7*C, 69%RH; 1002.4mb rising slowly.

A nice, drying day, though a bit chilly.  As Ian said, pity it will be cold and wet again soon.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
DeeDee
26 February 2020 13:59:54

Sleet shower here

+6.4c

Harpenden, Herts.
ktaylor
26 February 2020 16:11:32

Good afternoon been a lovely sun shining fairly breezy though. Currently 7.5c

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
26 February 2020 18:41:18

Originally Posted by: AWalker 

Dusting of snow Kirkby in ashfield north notts this morning 1c 

Welcome to the forum and you’re local to me! 

We had no snow here but as I was driving to work, there was snow on cars coming from the Mansfield direction and a dusting in hedgerows from Crown Farm onwards to Blidworth.

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
26 February 2020 18:42:57

There has been plenty of sunshine around during what has been quite a nice day.

However and (perhaps) rather frustratingly, the presence of too much cloud around at times once again, prevented us from enjoying what should have been our sunniest day of this winter so far according to the forecasts.

This meant that in the end, we had to settle for a total of just 5.1 hours of sunshine being recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank which means that we still need a minimum total of at least 13.1 hours of sunshine during the last three days of this month in order for this month to go down as being sunnier than average overall at that particular station.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 5.9°C at  Edinburgh Gogarbank and the temperature at 6pm this evening was around 3°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
26 February 2020 19:12:23
2.3c and partly cloudy.
Showery activity taking on a more west to east movement now. Much prefer that to the NW winds of the last 20 hours or so, as showers find it difficult to penetrate the Lakes to here.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

ARTzeman
26 February 2020 22:02:03
Cloudy
Light breeze
4•1c
Humidity 70% Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet