Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
29 September 2019 03:12:15

Good morning!  Cloudy with a light breeze and wet from recent rain.  12.2c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
29 September 2019 06:30:42
Overcast. Rain. Breezy. 15·0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 06:32:22
10C with northerly wind and low cloud, there's been 12mm overnight but it's moved away to the north for now.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 06:41:59
15C cloudy with overnight gale and heavy rain though now much lighter.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
johncs2016
29 September 2019 07:30:57

In a complete contrast to yesterday, today has started off on a rather damp, dreary, dull, overcast, depressing and soul destroying note with constant grey skies and with very little in the way of anything which is even remotely interesting in our weather, actually happening.

It was always going to be the case that just about all of the more "interesting" weather was going to be happening much further south from here, and that is indeed reflected by today's rainfall totals with a total of 1.4 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with just 0.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Given the nature of today's forecast though, I probably wasn't even expecting to see any recorded rainfall here today, but was probably expecting those English members to be recording more significant rainfall totals.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 7.3°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and the temperature at 8am this morning was roughly around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
marco 79
29 September 2019 07:32:04
Heavy rain ...moderate SW breeze..14.2c...992mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 07:35:02
Moderate rain. 12.3C, min 10.5C at 1.150.
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
Tim A
29 September 2019 07:52:02

Cloudy with drizzle. Chilly 9.8c
16mm rain overnight, monthly total now 96mm.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

richardabdn
29 September 2019 08:30:48

Yet more suicide inducing grey, depressing, mind-numbing rubbish and despite a wind change to north the temperature dropped no lower than 10.6C. It hasn't dropped below 9.5C during the entire final third of September and that was during the day yesterday 

Beyond surreal and awful without precedent. Also can't ever recall a September so bad that there wasn't at least one weekend day better than the unrelenting garbage we've been served up this month 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
bradders
29 September 2019 09:15:31

Cloudy and damp after 9.1mm rain overnight ( to add to 12.7mm yesterday).

Temp 16.6C

Overnight low 11.5C

Pressure 990mb

Update at 10.15pm

After further rain during the day, total now 19.8mm

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 09:39:12

Low cloud with occasional brightness, blown across in a blustery and brisk SW wind; dry after 14.5mm of rain overnight.

17.2*C (minimum of 14.2*C at 10:15pm yesterday); 89%RH.

993.2mb steady after falling rapidly.

I wouldn't like to be in the Lake District at the moment, as the orographic rainfall visible on the radar is constant and pretty heavy.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
ARTzeman
29 September 2019 09:46:04

Cloudy but bright. Rain finished at the moment

16.9c. Humidity  90% Rh

993 hPa.   SW Breeze 12 mph. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Crepuscular Ray
29 September 2019 10:54:51
Another day of torrential rain in Yorkshire. NE wind now. 20mm in 12hrs to 0700. Probably another 20mm to come today. Flooding is widespread. See BBC TWO for the World Cycling conditions in Yorkshire. So sad, festivities/concert flooded out and cancelled in Harrogate
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Crepuscular Ray
29 September 2019 12:19:51
Rain getting heavier and heavier. 14 hours worth now!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
idj20
29 September 2019 12:19:59

After what has been dull and wet, not to mention, windy morning with 12.2 mm so far today, there has just been a chink of brightness a few minutes ago.

Still very mild at 17.3 c where I have no desire to put on trousers and jumper. I'm already sweating in just shorts and T shirt as it is and the heating isn't even on yet (23 c to 24 c indoors). 

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
29 September 2019 12:44:39

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Another day of torrential rain in Yorkshire. NE wind now. 20mm in 12hrs to 0700. Probably another 20mm to come today. Flooding is widespread. See BBC TWO for the World Cycling conditions in Yorkshire. So sad, festivities/concert flooded out and cancelled in Harrogate

Well, at least you have some "interesting" weather to report where you are even if that isn't the sort of weather which you would actually want to be seeing.

That is in complete contrast to this part of the world where Edinburgh is once again living up to its reputation as the most boring part of the UK when it comes to our weather where hardly anything which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually happens, and where all of any "interesting" weather which does happen, will usually always be happening elsewhere instead, other than here.

Since my last report on this thread, there hasn't been any recorded rainfall in this part of the world. Yet, nothing in the way of sunshine has been reported for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank either, as at 1pm this afternoon. All that we have is just that usual rather bland borefest of constant grey skies within which surely now, has to go down as our most boring autumn on record in this part of the world.

Meanwhile, the temperature here in Edinburgh was around 13°C at 1pm with the wind coming in from off the North Sea in this part of the world.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ktaylor
29 September 2019 13:09:14

Good afternoon. Overnight low of 14.8c. Currently showery 17.1c. Humidity 92%. Dew point 17.0c. Air pressure 994.5mb. Wind light 1-5mph. Rain last 24hr 18.8mm. New moon. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 14:48:55

Bright, the odd brief sunny interval interspersed with light showers

16.4c

21.0mm

993.3mb falling

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
29 September 2019 19:32:42

Not much that I can say about today's weather (or rather, the lack of any actual weather in this case).

There has been no change from my last post and today has just been full of that same old grey and boring rubbish which I have been subjected to far too often recently, with absolutely nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather, actually happening.

A few patches of blue sky eventually started to appear before sunset but in the end, nothing in the way of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

This makes today our fourth completely sunless day of this month, and our fourth sunless day of this autumn. In addition to that, this also means that unless a total of at least 4.8 hours of sunshine is recorded for tomorrow in the end at Edinburgh Gogarbank, this month will go down as being duller than average overall there.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 13.8°C (which is the same as today's highest hourly reading at that particular station) and the temperature at 8pm was around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
29 September 2019 19:48:23
Still a bit showery but main rain gone for an hour or two with 21.5mm
Cold wind and 10C now.