02 September 2019 06:15:38

Cloudy, dry

Wind SW light breeze

Temp 8.5C

Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
ktaylor
02 September 2019 06:19:46

Good morning it's a bit cooler overnight low 4.7c. Currently sunny 5.9c. Humidity 95%. Dew point 6.0c. Air pressure 1024.9mb. Rain last 24hr 0.0mm. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
ARTzeman
02 September 2019 06:30:39
Sunny but cool. Condensation on car Windows and lids of bins this morning. low of 8·0 c. Now 10 ·0c

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
02 September 2019 06:37:41

Here in Edinburgh, normal service has been resumed yet again as we have gone from the recent summer borefest into an autumn borefest with mainly dull, overcast and constant grey skies and with nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually happening.

There was a little bit of rain during the early hours of this morning, but this has resulted in a total of just 0.4 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning, along with nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where both this month and and this autumn remain completely dry so far as at 7am this morning which is quite a massive contrast to all of the rain which we got here during the summer.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank has been confirmed as 8.6°C which rather unusually, is the same as the lowest hourly reading at that station this time (although that is something which can occasionally happen).

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was around 11°C.

EDIT:

I can see that Marco 99 tried to start a CC thread a the same time as Skreever started this one. Technically, that is the one which we probably should have been using as it was created 24 seconds before this one. Since this is the thread which everyone seems to be using though, I am happy enough to continue with using this one and so if Marco 99 goes back and deletes the opening post in his thread (assuming that no-one else has posted anything in there) then that should sort out the issue of there being two CC threads around for the same same day.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
bradders
02 September 2019 08:25:49

Dry with sunny spells

Temp 14.9C

Overnight low 10.4C

Pressure 1021mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
02 September 2019 09:21:27

Mostly clear with a few patches of cirrus; light WNW breeze, dry.

16.1*C (minimum 5.8*C at 6.00am); 69%RH.

1022.0mb now steady after rising slowly.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
idj20
02 September 2019 09:33:02

A fine, calm and sunny morning with 19 c already but there is that crispness in the air with the 58% h giving a 9 c dp thus making for a warm but fresh start to the day. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
Bertwhistle
02 September 2019 10:55:02

Sunshine and Cumulus; 19.6°C

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
ARTzeman
02 September 2019 12:27:36

Broken cloud with sunny intervals.

19.0c. Humidity 57% Rh

1024 hPa. WSW Breeze 13 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Bertwhistle
02 September 2019 14:16:38

21.3°C and on the rise it seems. Better than the forecast 19. Suppose lowland C S England is in a favoured sheltered spot.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
richardabdn
02 September 2019 17:01:25

Horrible day with more incessant pointless drizzle adding up to a lamentable 1.6mm. Below 12C until after 1pm 

Couldn't get outdoors at lunchtime and now can't go out in the evening because the weather is total garbage and utterly depressing. Be as well being November already 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November