idj20
  • idj20
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
12 August 2019 23:59:57

A moonlit starry clear night. Also set to be a comfortable night to sleep in at 11.1 c in calm air.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Retron
13 August 2019 03:48:29
Mostly clear, calm and 9.9C, which is the overnight low so far. It's a rare thing to get below 10C here in August!
Leysdown, north Kent
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
13 August 2019 03:50:48

Beam me up Scotty!  It feels like we’re in another world Ian, with the fresh air!  A comfortable night for sleeping!

Calm and dry with patchy thin cloud.  12c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ktaylor
13 August 2019 06:13:42

Morning all. Overnight low of 8.6c. Currently 10.5c. Sun is shining. Some cloud around. Humidity 97%. Dew point 10.c. Wind none at the mo

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
13 August 2019 06:21:14
9.6C, min 7.8C at 6.03. Cloudy with a little brightness but it's quite misty too, it feels damp and, well, 'autumnal'
It's summer Jim, but not as we know it....
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
johncs2016
13 August 2019 07:38:36
A nice, bright and sunny start to this morning for a change here in Edinburgh with 1.2 hours of sunshine having already been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 8.9°C which makes last night the coolest night of this month so far.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was around 11°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
13 August 2019 08:09:41

Few clouds. Sunny  Calm  

15.0c Humidity 62% Rh

1018 Westerly breeze to 4 mph.

Perseid watch between the cloud again tonight. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Skreever
13 August 2019 08:23:31
Sunny intervals, some cloud building

Wind W light breeze

Temp 12.8C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
13 August 2019 08:32:29

A lot of cirrus giving rather hazy sunshine, light air, dry.

13.1*C (minimum 8.6*C at 6.30am); 87%RH.

1015.9mb steady.

A cool night for August.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
Rob K
13 August 2019 10:39:57

Originally Posted by: Retron 

Mostly clear, calm and 9.9C, which is the overnight low so far. It's a rare thing to get below 10C here in August!

Yes I went out into the garden briefly about midnight last night and could feel the first slightly autumnal nip in the air. Quite a shock to the system - even when it has been unsettled it hasn't felt cold for weeks, day or night. (I was out of the country during the cold first half of June)

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
idj20
  • idj20
13 August 2019 11:07:21

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Yes I went out into the garden briefly about midnight last night and could feel the first slightly autumnal nip in the air. Quite a shock to the system - even when it has been unsettled it hasn't felt cold for weeks, day or night. (I was out of the country during the cold first half of June)

I even managed a min of 10.3 c at 5.45 am despite the still relatively warm Channel, it was the light NW wind and skies staying clear that brought the cool air from inland during the night.  

Currently quite sunny but cumulus are starting to appear in from the west. 18.3 c & 69% h so it is feeling quite fresh for it.

Folkestone Harbour. 
ktaylor
13 August 2019 13:23:48

Currently sunny spells. Temp 20.6c. What a lovely day

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
ARTzeman
13 August 2019 14:09:15

Scattered Cloud. Sunny 20.c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
andy-manc
13 August 2019 14:15:02

Bit of a mixed day again. The morning showers clear to leave a mainly sunny afternoon. Currently 18C sunny. Does feel a bit chilly to me in the breeze and a bit more like a sunny afternoon towards the end of September but it's sunny at least (for now).

Bertwhistle
13 August 2019 14:25:12

Currently 20.1°C from a 21.5°C max, with the sun shining pleasantly.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
idj20
  • idj20
13 August 2019 15:49:44

Have been stuck under this thick cumulus street for hours thus ruined what could have been a bright and fair day. It is even spitting lightly. I've just spent an hour cutting back a sycamore shrub in my back yard and had to put on a cardie.

17.6 c & 80% h under a mod W breeze.

Folkestone Harbour. 
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
13 August 2019 16:09:09

18C dry and bright. A line of heavy showers has been running west to east just to the north today and very visible with some good cloudscapes.

Feels like late summer or even autumnal last night and this morning, the first time this year.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
13 August 2019 16:55:31

Originally Posted by: Col 

9.6C, min 7.8C at 6.03. Cloudy with a little brightness but it's quite misty too, it feels damp and, well, 'autumnal'
It's summer Jim, but not as we know it....

Love it!

Mostly sunny and pleasantly warm in the sun but in the shade, the light breeze feels cooler than of late. 20.3c max currently 18.8c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Tim A
13 August 2019 19:06:32
Pleasant most of the day. One light shower. Cool again though 17.4c max.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
13 August 2019 21:59:12
Although this has been a thoroughly wet and miserable month so far here in Edinburgh, it had looked for a while as though we would finally get what would have been only our first completely dry day at both Edinburgh Gogarbank and the botanic gardens in Edinburgh since 2 August 2019 had that actually happened.

There has certainly been no shortage of sunshine today and today also ended on a sunny note. The result of this is that a total of 9.4 hours of sunshine was recorded for today in the end at Edinburgh Gogarbank. That makes today the sunniest day of this month so far, and the sunniest day since 25 July 2019.

However, there was a cloudier period during the latter part of this afternoon and with that, came some showers which means that a total of 3.6 mm of rain has now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 10pm tonight along with 4.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

This means that our increasingly long wait for a completely dry day in this part of the world goes on and instead of that actually happening, today will now go down as yet another official rain day at both of those stations as a result, although the last couple of days believe it or not, have not actually been as wet as what it has been recently.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 17.5°C and the temperature at 10pm tonight here in Edinburgh was just over 10°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.